tire question

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ladyofthelake

tire question

Post by ladyofthelake »

Did anyone get a spare tire with their Buddy? My fiance said he got one with his Vespa and that I should have also........ just wondering :?:
scullyfu

Re: tire question

Post by scullyfu »

ladyofthelake wrote:Did anyone get a spare tire with their Buddy? My fiance said he got one with his Vespa and that I should have also........ just wondering :?:
buddy's don't come with spares, your fiance is ill-informed.
WE'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY!!! Starbuck, BSG
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

haha, no.....Stella's have spares. Where would you put one?
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Buddy's never come with a spare. Only PX and stellas and various vintage vespas.

The buddy has no place to put one on, and vespas themselves dont come with spares when you buy them new, unless like I said, it's a px or a vintage.
lou76

Post by lou76 »

jfrost2 wrote:Buddy's never come with a spare. Only PX and stellas and various vintage vespas.

The buddy has no place to put one on, and vespas themselves dont come with spares when you buy them new, unless like I said, it's a px or a vintage.
you could sure find a place to put one... the problem is, its a real bitch to take off a tire on the buddy... not so bad on the front, but the back is much more likely to go flat, and you have to take off the exhaust to take it off, and if you have a flat on the road, that would suck really really bad... get a can of fix-a-flat... i got a flat on the way back from mummy mayhem, and the fix-a-flat saved me from waiting several hours for someone to pick me up...
Valgal20

Post by Valgal20 »

In America, if you eat anything here, you should already be caring around a "spare Tire" :wink:
Syd

Post by Syd »

Valgal20 wrote:In America, if you eat anything here, you should already be caring around a "spare Tire" :wink:
I've got one of those! Lou76 used fix-a-flat to take care of his, think I can use Make-a-Flat to fix mine?
The majority is always sane - Nessus
hcstrider

Post by hcstrider »

Although the Buddy doesn’t come with a spare tire, you can carry a tire repair kit with you. http://www.scooterworks.com sells this tire plugger kit which allows you to repair a Buddy’s tubeless tire without having to remove the tire from the Buddy. I also carry a tire pressure gauge and a small handheld bicycle tire pump.

Here are a couple of good discussions on ModernBuddy about tire repair:

viewtopic.php?t=2302

viewtopic.php?t=1644

For my Buddy Italia which has tubed tires, I carry a spare inner tube.
Attachments
TirePlugger.jpg
TirePlugger.jpg (25.37 KiB) Viewed 759 times
Wayne
The safest rule, no ifs or buts
Just drive like everyone else is nuts! (Burma Shave)