Buddy sightings in YOUR area!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ferfdom

Post by ferfdom »

My cousin and I were walking down Bardstown Rd. from Seviche in Louisville, KY tonight... I was SO Excited to see an Buddy Italia! It was parked at the Sprint store on the corner of Bardstown Rd. and Eastern Pkwy...

Who are you, mysterious rider? Lol!

Later I got to ride with a friend of mine on his Harley! Woot!

:D
HoustonInt.

almost

Post by HoustonInt. »

r0sa wrote:i have yet to see a buddy in houston, on my side of town :(
houstonians please get a buddy and make me happy!
haha
I will have my new Pamplona next month! This whole back order thing is killing me!!
tic-toc-tic-toc
armacham

Re: almost

Post by armacham »

HoustonInt. wrote: I will have my new Pamplona next month! This whole back order thing is killing me!!
tic-toc-tic-toc
god i know

at least it will give me time to take the MSF class
Elm Creek Smith

Post by Elm Creek Smith »

BadBrains wrote:And of course the Helix down the street that I look at but don't touch.
Afraid of cooties?

ECS
Yes, that is my scooter.
Yes, I wear a helmet and a FIRSTGEAR armored jacket.
No, I'm not embarrassed to be seen riding it.
Yes, that is an NRA sticker on the fender.

"I aim to misbehave."
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Saw a seafoam buddy 125 on Terwilliger blvd on my way to work this morning! I've only seen pictures of that color before and didn't really like it. Its much nicer looking in person.
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

I just spotted a black buddy 125 with a custom peace sign seat cover, and had tons of gears strapped to the outside!.... ALIX, you were spotted leaving Seattle! I flashed you a peace sign, and got one back from you. I was on the red buddy on Denny near Seattle Center. Have a safe ride!
SScooterG

Post by SScooterG »

SPOTTED! July 1, 2008 Around 5:10 pm On Gaylord between Bunkerhill and Echo Ln - a black 2007 buddy parked in front of SV Cycles, Robek's, and Southwells!

Anyone on here??
jmsmith802

Post by jmsmith802 »

I have seen several buddies here in Ann Arbor Michigan, saw a nice orange one going down newport road, anyone here? Have also seen a black red and cream colored one around here too... :D
bunny

Post by bunny »

Saw not one but TWO scooters yesterday on the way home...unfortunately neither were Buddies...

One was silver and it had a matching topcase - heading towards 183 between Central and Brown Trail in Bedford

The other looked like a Burgman, also silver, heading east on Harwood from Precinct Line

From no scooters to a plethora of scooters. And both wore helmets. Only one was geared up completely, though.
Yes, it's fast. No, you can't ride it.

CesarsPapa

Post by CesarsPapa »

Just saw an orange Buddy 50 on the bike rack near the IDS Tower in downtown Minneapolis.
gottascoot

Post by gottascoot »

I saw one illegally in I-55 north a few days ago. Pulled on, and got off at the next exit.... Maybe in a rush, maybe they thought it'd be cool, maybe they just dont know.... :x

Luckily for them traffic was moving at like 25mph..Oh chicago rush hour, how I love thee.

Gottascoot!

-Jay
DanteG

Post by DanteG »

sited an orange Buddy on the Baltimore Pike, Clifton Heights, Pa aprox 5:30 on 6/30 .... anyone ?
when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

HST
pocphil
Dealer

Post by pocphil »

Here's how bad it's getting in Cleveland...

I was delivering a Buddy to a customer in Gate$ Mill$...I was driving back the shop along Fairmount and Saw a Series Italia headed Eastbound...

Renae called me from her way to the shop to say she just saw a Red Buddy pulling away from a local indy coffee shop in Lakewood.

Two Buddies

Different sides of town

At EXACTLY the same time.

WWWOOOOOOOOOOO....what are the odds?

The way they've been selling around here, the odds are pretty good.

If an Ivory Buddy 125 left the Terminal Tower headed eastbound on Euclid at 25 mph and a St. Tropez left heading westbound on Superior at the exact same time at 30 mph with a 20 mph wind off the lake...who would be the first one to get stopped at a red light and asked "how many mpg does that thing get"?

It's a trick question. Euclid is perpetually under construction and useless. A Buddy rider would know that.
Phil Waters
ClevelandMoto
Pride Of Cleveland Scooters
18636 Detroit Rd.
Lakewood, Ohio 44107
216-227-1964
www.clevelandmoto.com
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Last Sunday I saw 4 in LA (West Hollywood, Beverly Hills and Studio City) in a span of less than an hour or so.

Not all brand new ones, as two were sunset. Still, most ever on a non-rally/ride day!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Rockledge Buddy

Post by Rockledge Buddy »

I've seen my own scooter (Pamplona):D And a co worker recently purchased a black Stella...Central Brevard County area (Cape Canaveral Florida).
7eregrine

Post by 7eregrine »

pocphil wrote: If an Ivory Buddy 125 left the Terminal Tower headed eastbound on Euclid at 25 mph and a St. Tropez left heading westbound on Superior at the exact same time at 30 mph with a 20 mph wind off the lake...who would be the first one to get stopped at a red light and asked "how many mpg does that thing get"?

It's a trick question. Euclid is perpetually under construction and useless. A Buddy rider would know that.

:D LOL

With all the red ones I saw on your lot last week, the red ones will be everywhere. :( Shoulda' got Orange. ;) hehehe

Turned on to Hilliard yesterday on the way home and got behind someone on a blue scoot. Not a Buddy, not a Kymco, not a Vespa. Had no idea what it was. I don't think it was those chinese ones. In any event I rode behind him for about 3 miles. That was pretty cool.
maribell

Post by maribell »

Around 4:10 and within 2 miles!!! AND it had started to rain!

38th street: Black/ Silver Buddy
N. Lamar: Red Buddy with top case

Both got honks/ waves! I must have looked like quite the goofball. :goofy:
lanni

Post by lanni »

I saw a red buddy heading into Penn Square mall today. I got a head nod :)
I think I saw a St. Tropez on 178th street.

And I saw several other scooters that I don't know the model.

Good day for scooting
Last edited by lanni on Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elm Creek Smith

I saw a couple of Buddy's today whilst I was out roaming around. One was over on Riverside Drive, and the other was southbound on Harvard south of 21st St. The second one was pugbuddy. I know it was hot pugbuddy, but a t-shirt? (/pickingon)

ECS
Yes, that is my scooter.

"I aim to misbehave."
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Tangerine Buddy with a rear rack in front of Dino's pizza in Burbank. Wish i'd had those (forthcoming) ModernBuddy cards!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
nuttmeg75

Post by nuttmeg75 »

3 Italias and a St. Tropez riding in formation up Glendale Blvd. through Silver Lake on Sat. afternoon. Mike @ NoHo later told me that some guy from Silver Lake has been buying a bunch of Internationals in the hopes of forming a Buddy gang.
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

ok... I was at Coach's Corner bar & grill in Green Bay last week
(I was up on business)
This was parked outside...
Does it belong to any MB members?

olhogrider

Post by olhogrider »

nuttmeg75 wrote:3 Italias and a St. Tropez riding in formation up Glendale Blvd. through Silver Lake on Sat. afternoon. Mike @ NoHo later told me that some guy from Silver Lake has been buying a bunch of Internationals in the hopes of forming a Buddy gang.

People are hoarding Buddies? No wonder I can't find one :evil:
greencountry

Post by greencountry »

Saw an orange (the darker one, like mine in my avatar) Buddy parked on Broadway today in Lincoln Park-ish while I was touring (and testing travel times without using the expys or really fast Lake Shore Dr). You on here? :) I don't think it had any accessories (but I could be wrong).
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

nuttmeg75 wrote:Mike @ NoHo later told me that some guy from Silver Lake has been buying a bunch of Internationals in the hopes of forming a Buddy gang.
Buying them, then what? Loaning them to friends?
Hm, odd rich person from Silver Lake... Lots of those.
Drew

Post by Drew »

I saw a black Buddy 125 at Bristol Road and Brownsville Road in Bensalem Bucks County between 1:00 and 1:15 today.
jmsmith802

Post by jmsmith802 »

a pretty Pink buddy on sequoia pkwy in ann arbor at 4:30 :D
scooterinvasion

Post by scooterinvasion »

Saw a pair of Buddy's in front of a restaurant in downtown Highland Park, Saturday afternoon. This was right after visiting Scooterworks on Damen. Be cool if they belonged to someone on this board.
Mike @ NoHo Scooters
Dealer

Post by Mike @ NoHo Scooters »

nuttmeg75 wrote:3 Italias and a St. Tropez riding in formation up Glendale Blvd. through Silver Lake on Sat. afternoon. Mike @ NoHo later told me that some guy from Silver Lake has been buying a bunch of Internationals in the hopes of forming a Buddy gang.
Actually the guy bought one and people from his work keep coming in to buy them. Its not just one guy buying them. They are starting a scooter gang.
Mike Frankovich
NoHo Scooters
North Hollywood, CA
www.nohoscooters.com

Named "Best Scooter Shop" by Los Angeles Magazine in their 2009 Best Of LA issue!

www.twitter.com/nohoscooters
www.facebook.com/nohoscooters
www.youtube.com/nohomike
greencountry

Post by greencountry »

A year or two ago I saw a women's Vespa gang driving down Division St. here in Chicago.

Good story.
Wingman

Post by Wingman »

Every day on my way to work downtown, I pass a baby blue Buddy 125 parked at the Police station. I haven't spotted the totally rad police officer who rides it, but I imagine I will, someday.
7eregrine

Post by 7eregrine »

Blue Buddy at Kamms Corner yesterday, around 7PM.
curlyred

buddy sightings

Post by curlyred »

Black Buddy, big dude in a white Tee shirt and black helmet. Cruisin' from Mason toward West Chester on Tylersville Rd. We were in our cage, so we didn't wave.....

Not a Buddy, but we saw a pair of Vespa's out by Wild Oats, too. Guy and a girl. One of them was light green.
Sushi513

Post by Sushi513 »

Saw a Pamplona with a black plastic milk crate on the back, yesterday, parked outside of Lifetime Fitness in Deerfield!

Wanted to leave a note to say hello but was afraid of 2 things:
#1 - the Buddy owner thinking I was going to try & steal it, run out and jump tag me to the ground!
OR
#2 - someone mistakens me for a stalker and calls the cops

Neither of which I would of enjoyed .. much ... I don't think. :P

Anywho, if you are on MB please say hello! :wink:

The Nati Represent'n
Better change the captain of your brain ship cuz DUDE he's drunk at the wheel!
~Dr Cox (Scrubs)

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/sushi513
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

I was wondering if this thread would benefit from being divided by areas. So someone could post into the Seattle area, and seattle riders could look there to see if they had been seen... and nothaving to search through all the differenet posts to see if someone wrote something about their city... :?:
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

MikieTaps wrote:I was wondering if this thread would benefit from being divided by areas. So someone could post into the Seattle area, and seattle riders could look there to see if they had been seen... and nothaving to search through all the differenet posts to see if someone wrote something about their city... :?:
I don't really think we have enough concentration (of Buddys and members) in many areas to warrant that yet, though anyone is free to start a thread if they like. I have been known to post individual sightings in separate threads. :)

On MV, we have a SoCal spotter thread and we rarely get "hits" from those either spotting us or those we spot. Modern Vespas still have a much higher concentration than Buddys in LA and the rest of SoCal.
tatoepfer

Post by tatoepfer »

Hey JMSmith in Ann Arbor - I drive a Pamplona...black helmet/leopard seat.

Where do you scoot about?
"There's no one here...and people everywhere. You're on your own" - QOTSA
greencountry

Post by greencountry »

Saw a Buddy Italia this morning in Chicago at LaSalle and Kinzie, rider dressed like they were going to work.

Are you on here, Italia?
brettro

Post by brettro »

first post! been enjoying my Italia 150 for a few weeks now.

Saw 2 buddy's yesterday near Queen Anne ave on LQA in Seattle yesterday. Orange and Cream 125's. hi!
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

You werent at Ducati Seattle last night were you?
brettro

Post by brettro »

nope, the closest I got to Ducati was Denny
shiftpgdn

Post by shiftpgdn »

I see a baby blue one parked infront of the pearl bar on Washington here in Houston pretty often.
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

tonite 7/9 i saw two buddies.

one was a italia i think 50 from the sound of it on broad under 99.

the other was a red buddy with a top case, not sure what size, heading up pike towards cap hill... we waved at eachother.

anyone?
armacham

Post by armacham »

i keep hoping that someone sees me and posts about it. :3
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Three Buddy sighting tonight in Studio City!
Parked on Ventura Blvd. near Laurel Canyon: sunset Buddy, then a red Buddy a few spaces down.
Then I was passed by a rare LA Pamplona, bearded rider with a red Corazzo 5.0 and a Nolan N-30 helmet.

They may have been riding together, but I'd love to think it was just coincidence.
hackett

Post by hackett »

Last night, I saw an orange/tangerine/sunset heading north on Nacogdoches around 8:30. Anybody on here?
"The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body." --HST
Christy

Post by Christy »

armacham wrote:i keep hoping that someone sees me and posts about it. :3
me too
EPSP #76
graham310

Post by graham310 »

I guess I am just realizing how much of a scooter town Denver is. I can't count the number of scoots I saw throughout the day yesterday. From my window on the the 16th floor in a downtown high-rise, I can see 4 or 5 parked at various bike racks. When I went to retrieve my brand new Italia 150 from the free scooter parking area in the building's garage yesterday I counted 4 Buddies, a Metro, a People, and two vintage Vespas.
"May I moo-moo dogface to the banana patch?"
Elm Creek Smith

Okay, folks. This evening around 5:40 pm CDT I passed a southbound Pamplona on North Mingo Road just south of 36th St North and got a return wave. I was northbound on the Budd (black/silver) going home to Owasso.

Are you out there, dude?

ECS
Yes, that is my scooter.

"I aim to misbehave."
Redd447

Post by Redd447 »

Elm Creek Smith wrote:Okay, folks. This evening around 5:40 pm CDT I passed a southbound Pamplona on North Mingo Road just south of 36th St North and got a return wave. I was northbound on the Budd (black/silver) going home to Owasso.

Are you out there, dude?

WOOHOO!! That was me going home from work in Owasso! I just rediscovered Mingo last week. It's MUCH better than the other route I was taking to get home. Lots fewer traffic lights

I wondered if that was you ECS, but didn't get a good enough look at your ride to post a sighting.