Buddy sightings in YOUR area!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

dark Buddy, Colorado Blvd, Pasadena around 8:30pm on 8/30

you're going left on Union. i passed and gave you "the wave." you looked and did not even acknowledge me. poser :P

well, at least i had the Blackjack and YOU didn't! :goofy:
Riding is riding
Wolfhound

Post by Wolfhound »

Mine seems to be the only one in my immediate area, see a few Chinese DUI models and that is about it. :(
Wolfhound

Post by Wolfhound »

Mine seems to be the only one in my immediate area, see a few Chinese DUI models and that is about it. :(
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

green 170i on La Brea early evening, 9/3. tall, slender female rider, geared up nicely

white Buddy, parking structure at The Grove
Riding is riding
T'Pring

Post by T'Pring »

Buddy 50 at the Starbucks in front of Freddies [Kent].
Attachments
buddy50.png
buddy50.png (178.46 KiB) Viewed 4142 times
If you choose not to decide -- you still have made a choice.
C2

Post by C2 »

Sunset orange 125 parked outside the San Bruno train station.
kmrcstintn

Post by kmrcstintn »

I haven't personally seen any on my side of the Susquehanna River recently, but craigslist shows a 170 (silver) for sale in Hershey, a 150 (St. Tropez) for sale in Harrisburg, and I spotted an older 125 (black & silver) for sale at a cycle dealer in Lebanon that I occasionally stop at; I do occasionally see an olive green Stella parked in front of a row home in Lebanon...

there are a whole slew of Buddys owned by members of the Three Mile Island Scooter Club, but my work schedule prevents me from hanging with them on a regular basis...I usually ride solo and participate in self-paced charity rides (leftover from when I also owned a motorcycle);
JAEGER

Post by JAEGER »

Red 125 at the Sport & Health in Reston Monday night. I parked next to you but left before you did. Oh well, maybe next time. :)

-- Jaeger
"Exterminate all rational thought. That is the conclusion I have come to." -- Bill Lee, Naked Lunch
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2003 Triumph Speedmaster 904 // 2013 Genuine Buddy 125
www.blackletter.org
werro_123

Post by werro_123 »

Huh, I didn't see this thread before I made my "Cincinnati Scooterists" post. Anyway, Saturday on N. Ludlow Ave on the bridge going into Northside over I-75. Gave us the wave, only the one on the Seafoam bike waved back. (It was my first day on the bike, I didn't want to ride with one hand at 40mph) There was also a red one (me), and a tangerine one.
Tomato Bisque

Post by Tomato Bisque »

I saw my doppelganger (riding pamplona in orange converse!)
at Sunset and Vine on Friday the 13th...
Quinndoggie

Post by Quinndoggie »

A very nice Italia with racks and a top case parked near Paneras in Dublin CA around noon on Sunday, Sept 15.
Quinndoggie

Post by Quinndoggie »

A very nice Italia with racks and a top case parked near Paneras in Dublin CA around noon on Sunday, Sept 15.
Ninjasurfergirl

Post by Ninjasurfergirl »

White Buddy50 on Victory Drive today at 1:25pm, turned right on Lincoln Street. Rider was wearing a gold helmet. I was really excited to see another Buddy!
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

I saw both a white Buddy and a white Blur on my way home Friday. I think they were both on John Rolfe Parkway. I couldn't help but grin and wave. The geeky part of me wanted to give them a big thumbs up.
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

seafoam bud heading south on fair oaks ave in south pasadena after 4pm sometime

looked to be a tall male rider, all in black
Riding is riding
CapnK

Post by CapnK »

Wolfhound wrote:Mine seems to be the only one in my immediate area, see a few Chinese DUI models and that is about it. :(
That is the same situation I have...

A couple nights ago, though, I was actually driving the cage for once when I saw a scooterist pull out a block or so ahead of me. We traveled in the same direction, so when he pulled into a gas station, I followed to see what he was riding. I was surprised when he took off his helmet to see that it was a guy I know who manages a bar downtown. Actually, I was kind of stoked :) thinking maybe I'd found a fellow scooterist/rider. We talked for a while and I checked out his ride...

...but it turns out that he is only a scooterist by DUI proxy... :/

...and, adding insult to injury, it was a Chinascoot. :sigh:

At least people here "get" motorcycles, if not scoots quite yet.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - M. Twain
Stormswift

Post by Stormswift »

Finally!!! A bottle -green Buddy, looked like i170 making a turn from Park Height on to either Old Court Rd or Stevenson (did not see which one the rider took). Rider was wearing a full-face helmet but I do not think there was any other gear. This is the first Buddy I saw that was actually ridden and not towed or in the shop.
I am not a scooter snob.
I am a scooter connoisseur
kmrcstintn

Post by kmrcstintn »

a used '06 black (silver trim) for sale at Lebanon Valley Cycles in Jonestown, PA is the only other Buddy I've seen recently...living is suburb/rural area means less population density and less chance of seeing any
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

kmrcstintn wrote:...living is suburb/rural area means less population density and less chance of seeing any
Ain't that the truth!
Although I've seen you, at the shop you didn't have your Buddy, I've only seen two others in the 'wild' both the west shore of Harrisburg area.......
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba
Danielm

Post by Danielm »

The closest I've gotten to a sighting in my town is a woman stopping me in a parking lot saying she has a Buddy 125 but forgot to treat it for the winter and now needs to get it fixed.

There are a couple other scooters around my town, a vino, a vespa or two but so far I haven't seen another buddy.
Christophers

Post by Christophers »

I think I spotted ericalm riding his 190cc LX150 east on Burton Way this morning (10/28/13) around 10:30 AM.

That reminds me. On Thursday morning (10/24/13) I also spotted a woman riding a Seafoam Buddy 125 south on Larchmont (??) at the intersection of Beverly Blvd at around 8:50 AM. She was wearing a dark leather jacket, white full face helmet and a backpack. I was heading east on Beverly.
Christophers

Post by Christophers »

Blackjack heading east on Melrose at Crescent Heights right around 6:30 PM this Sunday - classic Blackjack exhaust note!
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

seafoam bud heading north on Atlantic Blvd in Alhambra around 4:30pm, 11/3
Riding is riding
Christophers

Post by Christophers »

Christophers wrote:Blackjack heading east on Melrose at Crescent Heights right around 6:30 PM this Sunday - classic Blackjack exhaust note!
Blackjack wasn't you JH? I thought maybe it was, when I posted it.
You've still never been spotted, have you?

FWIW - Neither have I ... Too fast.
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

nope, was not i. and that is right, i have never been spotted. although i have only owned the blackjack a bit over a year and began riding it in earnest only recently. so, i may be spotted yet

however you've been on your Buddy's quite a bit and no spotting yet. so who knows? and our Buddy's are a lot more rare so you would think someone would notice. but even if so they have to post here AND have to care enough to post a spotting

i am not holding my breath :lol:
Riding is riding
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

Buddy Psycho Thurs. 11/14 E. Foothill Blvd Pasadena heading east

saw the scooter and it wasn't apparent at first in the darkness so looked closer and noticed it was a Buddy then noticed it was blacked out, completely. Psycho for sure
Riding is riding
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

sunset orange bud parked on the sidewalk outside a movie shoot in dtla, near the Corner of Spring and 5th or 6th Street?

had around 9,000 miles on the clock and was a bit worse for wear with the front fender being had together with brown packing tape
Riding is riding
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

saw me a red Buddy around noon 12/1 heading east on chevy chase in glendale. male rider, quarter helmet, light jacket, cargo shorts

saw me a yamaha vino and a vespa, too. but i am not signing up for those forums so there 'ya go
Riding is riding
kmrcstintn

Post by kmrcstintn »

kmrcstintn wrote:
...living is suburb/rural area means less population density and less chance of seeing any

Ain't that the truth!
Although I've seen you, at the shop you didn't have your Buddy, I've only seen two others in the 'wild' both the west shore of Harrisburg area.......
there will be less chance to see any 'in the wild' on the 'west shore of Harrisburg area' since I have infrequent interactions with the local scooter 'politburo'; I'm a happier man going solo...
did anyone get the license plate number of the bus that just hit me?!?
hackett

Post by hackett »

I spent the Thanksgiving holiday weekend in San Francisco and saw two Buddies: a 170i parked at the corner of Bush and Dashiell Hammett, and an Italia parked on the 800 block of Market.

On the other hand, I think I saw at least a half dozen Honda Elites. :?:
"The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body." --HST
Rob

Post by Rob »

Two unusual things about this sighting.

First seeing a scoot, or any kind of two wheel ride, in December in this area. Someone was taking advantage of the 50 deg temps despite some drizzling rainy conditions.

Second, I think this was the first time I've spotted a Buddy Saint Tropez. At the intersection of Calumet and Broadmoor in Munster on my way home from work, about 3 PM.

Rob
"Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen."
- Steven Wright
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

Italia heading north on fair oaks ave in pasadena on 12/11 near the corner of maple at around 6:45pm

female rider, stylishly geared up think it may have been local Buddy rider and mb member colette
Riding is riding
craftynerd

Post by craftynerd »

The only Buddys I see regularly (at least this time of year) all park in the same parking area on campus as I do or are my friends (Seafoam Buddy Brigade for life! :D), but I'm hoping to see more new Buddys in the spring once scooter season picks up again...
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

12/17 Altadena Drive just past 6pm sometime. racing green (the one with a racing stripe) 170i. i was on my agility
Riding is riding
hackett

Post by hackett »

Saw a black Buddy this afternoon parked at the Tobin Lofts on Main St. near SAC.
"The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body." --HST
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

kmrcstintn wrote:
kmrcstintn wrote:
...living is suburb/rural area means less population density and less chance of seeing any

Ain't that the truth!
there will be less chance to see any 'in the wild' on the 'west shore of Harrisburg area' since I have infrequent interactions with the local scooter 'politburo'; I'm a happier man going solo...
s'OK.... Same here, I was excommunicated by 'them' a couple years ago.
I am, as well, no longer working in Camp Hill and will have little other reason to head to 'that part of the world' even yours for that matter for the time being.
Come spring my commute riding will likely just be the 5.5 miles from the house into Elizabethtown.....
Nullius in verba
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

Spotted on 18th St in Tucson, a 150 International Pampalona. In a front yard behind a chain link fence.

I had my mom in the truck with me, delivering a load of donations to the St. Vincent de Paul thrift shop. She's the one who spotted the Buddy.

She said, "Oh look, there's an old Vespa like yours!"

Yes, she got it wrong, but considering that she's seen Buddy's before and not said a word, I'd consider it a compliment to Pampilona owners. :)
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
rudie11

Post by rudie11 »

Hello to the black Buddy 125 that I park next to in my work parking garage! Love all the stickers, especially Loki :)
soakland

Post by soakland »

Scooter sightings in December! Unimaginable here in Minnesota.(':lol:')
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

Heh, we had a Polar Bear ride on Jan 1, but it was organized by the 'classic' guys and I was the only 'plastic' that crashed the party. :D
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

i was finally spotted!!

by two vespa riders on eagle rock blvd around noon on 1/12. they had the jump on me for around 3/4 mile but i caught up with 'em wtf? then Buddy smoked 'em and gave a little chuckle as it passed :lol:

ok i am pretty sure this ain't how this whole shebang works but i am desperate....and they did spot me!! they're just not HERE to post about it, is all :roll:
Riding is riding
Christophers

Post by Christophers »

JHScoot wrote:i was finally spotted!!

by two vespa riders on eagle rock blvd around noon on 1/12. they had the jump on me for around 3/4 mile but i caught up with 'em wtf? then Buddy smoked 'em and gave a little chuckle as it passed :lol:

ok i am pretty sure this ain't how this whole shebang works but i am desperate....and they did spot me!! they're just not HERE to post about it, is all :roll:
I think I saw those two... One was a black bike with a tan seat. Rider was wearing a black 3/4 helmet...
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Seen a Seafoam Buddy with Kentucky plates a couple times on Cahuenga in the Pass coming into/out of Hollywood a few times recently. Welcome to LA!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Witch

Post by Witch »

I passed an Oxford Green 170i this afternoon. It was going south on Lindley in Reseda.
Syd

Post by Syd »

I saw a black 50 going north on Gurley in Prescott on Sunday, about 4pm.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
Tomato Bisque

Post by Tomato Bisque »

Parked next to a white Buddy 125 yesterday, 2/3, at Sony Studios, Culver City.
yarpa

Post by yarpa »

Light blue buddy heading south on Lawrence@Pruneridge around 5:30pm. Didn't see you until you'd already passed.
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

Saw this one on Wazee St in Denver. Its maybe skully83? I was working near there for a few weeks.
2013 Buddy 125, Prima Pipe, #95 main jet, Orange CDI
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

Yesterday evening, Saturday 15 March, about 6:45pm. Orange Stella south bound on Pa 441 just outside Royalton.
Nullius in verba
Christophers

Post by Christophers »

Buddy Blackjack - Wednesday 03/19/14 - Glendale Galleria - Parked outside entrance to Bloomingdales.

Classic trim. White walls. Red Rims.
However - After market mirrors and a black top case.
License plate frame from Route 66 / Marina del Rey