Buddy sightings in YOUR area!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

sargelee71

Post by sargelee71 »

Chicago is TOTALLY becoming a Budy-Town. I'm seeing them everywhere!! What a city!
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

i have yet to see a buddy in houston, on my side of town :(
houstonians please get a buddy and make me happy!
haha
addictionriot

Post by addictionriot »

I actually havent seen any in my area :cry: and I've only seen 2 scoots, both Vino's in the 6 months that I've lived here.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

I had my 2nd buddy sighting in 3 months Friday on my commute. It was parked in a strip mall parking lot in Gladstone, OR. I see other models of scooters fairly regularly, but its nice to see another buddy!
ScootScoot

Post by ScootScoot »

This is so fun! I can't wait till I start seeing Buddys around town. I have seen a few Vinos, one Vespa, and a few various off-brand scoots.
SScooterG

Post by SScooterG »

r0sa, where in Houston are you?? My guy and I live downtown in historic 6th ward. Do you go to the Scooter Batallion rides?? I see many many buddys, but I live near Scooter Smith (the only Genuine dealer in town)
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

i heard scooter smith is near the heights! i live in north houston, in the spring/woodlands area, kinda far from you :( no wonder i dont see you around lol
ive heard of the scooter battalion group but i just moved back home, by august, im back in san antonio.
Ronin

Post by Ronin »

so far, it's a no go on seeing any other Buddy in Des Moines, IA. I've seen a number of Vespas, some Chinese off brand scoots (including one last night broken down on the side of the interstate!).

I am hoping to see some another Buddy sometime though! I know alot have been sold recently....
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Here in Madtown, WI I've seen but one Buddy: A creme Buddy last week on capital square.

I hope its owner treats it nice. It was so pretty.
shmelty

Post by shmelty »

I saw a Pamplona and St. Tropez in Mansfield this am. They were at a stop light on rte. 140.
penguinwife

Post by penguinwife »

Woohoo! We've been spotted! That would be me and my hubby (Penguinboy) on the way to work.

In related news, I spotted an Italia in Mansfield on Forbes Blvd. yesterday afternoon. Was that you shmelty???
shmelty

Post by shmelty »

penguinwife wrote:Woohoo! We've been spotted! That would be me and my hubby (Penguinboy) on the way to work.

In related news, I spotted an Italia in Mansfield on Forbes Blvd. yesterday afternoon. Was that you shmelty???
Not me. I am still waiting to find a Pamplona :(

Glad I spotted you. I work in the industrial park on Cabot blvd.
brape

Post by brape »

I saw my first other buddy today. Someone on an italia (pink jacket) on the Berlin Tpke. I was crossing the intersection they where front line at the light. sometime between 10am and 11. I of course honked and waved like a loon.
chrissolo48

Buddy sightings in YOUR area!

Post by chrissolo48 »

I spotted 3 scooters today in the Highland Heights, Lyndhurst & Beachwood area.

Around 7:40 this am by the Richmond Mall going towards Highland Road - Ivory colored Buddy-rider wearing a white helmet.

Around 12:45 pm on Ridgebury going towards Lander Road-Spotted a girl on a mint green Buddy with matching helmet and pod on the back. I saw this same person about a month ago on the corner of Ridgebury and Richmond Road. It caught my eye because that is the color I decided on getting.

Around 1:15 on South Woodland crossing Richmond Road-Spotted someone on a Pamplona.

All in all I would say it was a very productive day!
rajron

Post by rajron »

I’m seeing more and more!
peabody99

Re: Buddy sightings in YOUR area!

Post by peabody99 »

chrissolo48 wrote:I spotted 3 scooters today in the Highland Heights, Lyndhurst & Beachwood area.

Around 7:40 this am by the Richmond Mall going towards Highland Road - Ivory colored Buddy-rider wearing a white helmet.

Around 12:45 pm on Ridgebury going towards Lander Road-Spotted a girl on a mint green Buddy with matching helmet and pod on the back. I saw this same person about a month ago on the corner of Ridgebury and Richmond Road. It caught my eye because that is the color I decided on getting.

Around 1:15 on South Woodland crossing Richmond Road-Spotted someone on a Pamplona.

All in all I would say it was a very productive day!
I have a friend with a cream buddy and black ff helmet that lives in S. Euclid. Look out for her!
Peby01

Post by Peby01 »

This past weekend, I saw my first ever Buddy!! It as black 50 and was chained up outside a Lowe's in Abingdon, MD. I hope she/he finds out about ModernBuddy.com. Maybe I could have a fellow Buddy Lover to ride with!! If I see it again, I am thinking about leaving a post-it note on the seat???? You think that is an ok thing to do?????
djelliott

Post by djelliott »

Saw a Buddy 150 Italia Downtown Cleveland on West 9th parked in front of the Adult Mart on 6/11/08 (Naughty Buddy wink wink). At about 10:00am this morning I saw a female rider with a pink 3/4 helmet go down St. Clare on I think a blue or maybe green Buddy 125. Been seeing a lot of them.

DJE
Prima pipe
UNI filter
125 Main Jet
2000RPM Stall Spring
1500RPM Clutch Springs
Dr. Pulley Variator with 11 Gram Sliders
NCY Front Forks
Prima/NCY 161cc Big Bore kit With 150 Head
KS Power GY6 Performance Springs
NCY Secondary Shieve
badapple

Post by badapple »

I spotted an Italia sitting at a stop light on Alicia Pkwy in Mission Viejo today. It's the only other Buddy I have seen. If my windows were down, he might have heard me scream. :D
ferfdom

Post by ferfdom »

I see TONS of Stellas, a few Vinos and Vespas, a LOT of who knows what Chinese scoots.

I even saw a herd of scooters go by my street yesterday, but I haven't seen another Buddy!
Daisyscoot

Post by Daisyscoot »

ferfdom wrote:I see TONS of Stellas, a few Vinos and Vespas, a LOT of who knows what Chinese scoots.

I even saw a herd of scooters go by my street yesterday, but I haven't seen another Buddy!

We are picking up my new Buddy from Commonwealth today, so hopefully I'll see you around :D
ferfdom

Post by ferfdom »

That's AWESOME! I do hope to see you around!

I have a cream Buddy with a black basket, windscreen and chrome back rack...

I live in the Highlands!

:D
Daisyscoot

Post by Daisyscoot »

There should be a few more around too. When I called the shop on Tuesday morning they had all three of the Intl's, but when we went to look Wed. afternoon, the St. Tropez was the only one they had left. We grabbed it up quick! :D When I went back today, the used one in there that you saw was gone too.

It's scooter madness!
Can't wait to go to Bike night on my scoot scoot
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Saw my second buddy sighting yesterday, some guy on a black and silver Buddy 50 on Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy.

I nodded at him, he nodded back. Good times.
curlyred

scooter sightings

Post by curlyred »

We are in West Chester, OH and spotted an orange buddy with tan seat and an orange topcase on the bridge over I75. We were heading out to dinner at Mitchell's Fish Market and he was going the other way. My daughter and I said it was a guy, my DH says it was an older lady. White shorts, tennis shoes?

Jim beeped at them from our cage and we all waved like big fat geeks. Whoever you are, Hi from us!

We own a pink 125, if you see us, give a wave!
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

djelliott wrote:Saw a Buddy 150 Italia Downtown Cleveland on West 9th parked in front of the Adult Mart on 6/11/08 (Naughty Buddy wink wink). At about 10:00am this morning I saw a female rider with a pink 3/4 helmet go down St. Clare on I think a blue or maybe green Buddy 125. Been seeing a lot of them.

DJE
The pink helmet person could have been me. I was on St. Clair at around time, but I ride a cream buddy. For some reason people "misremember"..the color. Or it could have been someone else.

I am disheartened at scooter wave lately. As I discussed with another fellow scooterer, scooters are getting more common and and you get this indignant "do I know you look?" when you toot and waive.
bushbaby

Another Prairie Buddy...

Post by bushbaby »

I'm commuting close to 40 miles a day, from downtown Kansas City, MO to Overland Park, KS, where I work on the Sprint Headquarters Campus (apologies in advance to any victims.) Just this month, a new Pamplona started showing up in our parking lot, next to the motorcycles and odd scooters (my '07 cream 125, a vespa, a malaguti, some mysteriously unbranded bikes). I caught the owner showing his new bike off to some workmates one day and had to stop and say, "hey, I'm the guy with the cream one!"

Oh, we are dorks.
Oceanicluv

Hawaii Buddies!

Post by Oceanicluv »

I have seen an 07 Italia on the big island of hawaii. With my 08 Tropez there's a least 2 roaming this island. I don't know of anyone registered here that's livin it up in the islands. So maybe we're the the only ones.
Vodka tonics are my friend.
PasadenaSue

Post by PasadenaSue »

I saw my first Buddy (outside of a rally) a few weeks ago as I was riding my bicycle. It was a Sunset Buddy and the owner was using an ATM in Sierra Madre. I was so excited I yelled "Buddy!" but I don't think the guy heard me or realized I was talking to him. Still, I was excited.

Then just last week I saw a beautiful red Buddy parked overlooking JPL in Pasadena. I had to stop and admire it. The owner must have gone for a walk up the Arroyo since there wasn't anyone around.

I've had my Buddy for 15 months with no sightings, and then 2 in a month.
hackett

San Antonio

Post by hackett »

Yesterday in San Antonio, I saw a Pamplona parked in an open garage off of Brees. Is that anybody on here?
djelliott

Post by djelliott »

peabody99 wrote:
djelliott wrote:Saw a Buddy 150 Italia Downtown Cleveland on West 9th parked in front of the Adult Mart on 6/11/08 (Naughty Buddy wink wink). At about 10:00am this morning I saw a female rider with a pink 3/4 helmet go down St. Clare on I think a blue or maybe green Buddy 125. Been seeing a lot of them.

DJE
The pink helmet person could have been me. I was on St. Clair at around time, but I ride a cream buddy. For some reason people "misremember"..the color. Or it could have been someone else.

I am disheartened at scooter wave lately. As I discussed with another fellow scooterer, scooters are getting more common and and you get this indignant "do I know you look?" when you toot and waive.
I bet it was you. It was very sunny and I had my polarized sun glasses on. They tend to skew color a bit. I'm on a tangerine Buddy. You can catch me downtown anytime the weather is good for riding. I work over on West 6th. Hope to make the acquaintance some day.

DJE
Prima pipe
UNI filter
125 Main Jet
2000RPM Stall Spring
1500RPM Clutch Springs
Dr. Pulley Variator with 11 Gram Sliders
NCY Front Forks
Prima/NCY 161cc Big Bore kit With 150 Head
KS Power GY6 Performance Springs
NCY Secondary Shieve
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Yesterday, I saw a St. Tropez in front of the Yamaha/Honda dealer off Lankershim in NoHo. Maybe buying a nice mesh jacket?
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
fiver1971

Buddy sightings

Post by fiver1971 »

I've seen several Buddy Italias along the Wasatch Front here in Salt lake City, along with couple of guys riding red buddy 125's around town.
hackett

Another in San Antonio

Post by hackett »

Again in San Antonio, I saw a tangerine Buddy pulling out of the Lowe's parking lot at Harry Wurzbach and Austin Highway today. Blue jacket, full face helmet. Anybody around here?
Mike @ NoHo Scooters
Dealer

Post by Mike @ NoHo Scooters »

ericalm wrote:Yesterday, I saw a St. Tropez in front of the Yamaha/Honda dealer off Lankershim in NoHo. Maybe buying a nice mesh jacket?
That was probally me riding the shop Buddy over to pick up some parts I ordered for my ugly CB750 chopper. The seventies are back in a bad way.
Mike Frankovich
NoHo Scooters
North Hollywood, CA
www.nohoscooters.com

Named "Best Scooter Shop" by Los Angeles Magazine in their 2009 Best Of LA issue!

www.twitter.com/nohoscooters
www.facebook.com/nohoscooters
www.youtube.com/nohomike
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Mike @ NoHo Scooters wrote:
ericalm wrote:Yesterday, I saw a St. Tropez in front of the Yamaha/Honda dealer off Lankershim in NoHo. Maybe buying a nice mesh jacket?
That was probally me riding the shop Buddy over to pick up some parts I ordered for my ugly CB750 chopper. The seventies are back in a bad way.
Ha, figures. That chopper is going to be crazy. You should ride the hell out of it.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
SheZAAM!

Post by SheZAAM! »

I've seen Buddies all over. I have a Pink 125, hubby has a black 125. We live and scoot all over Stapleton in Denver.

Did you know that Denver is the 4th scootingist city in the US?
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

where did you get that stat... I wanna know how we stack up!
chancerbeans13

Post by chancerbeans13 »

I actually saw a Buddy St. Tropez on the road today. Well, actually in a driveway, but I digress. It still had its temporary tag. It was just off Anders Road in Jacksonville's southside. I drive by every morning so I hope to actually see them out sometime.[/b]
7eregrine

Post by 7eregrine »

SheZAAM! wrote:I've seen Buddies all over. I have a Pink 125, hubby has a black 125. We live and scoot all over Stapleton in Denver.

Did you know that Denver is the 4th scootingist city in the US?
I talked to a guy at Colorado Motorsports and he said they were selling 4 scoots a day for almost 30 days!!!
chancerbeans13

Post by chancerbeans13 »

The lady at VespaJacksonville where I bought my scoot, said they were averaging selling 10-15 during the week and about 30 each on Saturday and Sunday, oddly enough, I hardly ever see them around. The business is located out at the beach. All the scooters must be staying out there...LOL
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

Pink Buddy with the zebra scooterseatcover, fueling up at State Road/Landsdowne Road -- I yelled at you that PINK SCOOTERS RULE OKEH while stopped at the traffic light. Yay! :D
ModBud #442
StacyB

Post by StacyB »

Oak Cliff: 06/23, 6:15 pm., Red Buddy at Tyler Street and Davis. Kinda looked like he was wearing a red and cream MoMo helmet, but I really couldn't tell. Also had some sort of red storage thingie on the back.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Highland/Cahuenga before the Hollywood Bowl: St. Tropez lane splitting past me in my cage. Black Nolan N30 helmet. Givi topcase. I'd have been scootering to avoid all that traffic for the STP concert, but the missus has a cold coming on and felt pretty crappy.
7eregrine

Post by 7eregrine »

Yesterday evening:

1) Pink Buddy parked outside the Reagle Beagle in Lakewood.

2) Green Buddy Westbound on Lorain Road just past the Fairview Hospital bridge. Gave me the Motorcycle Hi sign and I beeped at you.
Sushi513

Post by Sushi513 »

Hola Everyone!

I have been lurking around for quite some time now and felt really silly to post anything since it will be another good 10 mos before I get a Buddy! :cry:

However, I was just wondering what would happen if I did not break in the buddy exactly as it states in the owner's manual?

.... just kidding <ducks behind the computer for any flowing debris> :wink:

I did however wanted to say hello to the fella I saw in Richmond Va this past weekend, when I was there for dance camp. I spotted a Buddy 150 Italia zooming around in Carytown!! I was SO excited to actually see someone riding one that I almost waved him/her down to say hello! But I decided better of it since I didnt want to get run over or cause an accident.

So I am saying hello here .. in the safety of the internet. :D
mo1981

Post by mo1981 »

My buddy here at work bought a Pamplona (that's actually how I found out about Genuine). I saw a lady riding a red Buddy 125 a couple days ago here in Ft Worth.
amanda_c

Post by amanda_c »

I saw a pink Buddy in Marina del Rey on Father's Day.

Today I was in the cage (actually, driving it to the car wash so it will be clean the next time I take it out of the garage--which, at this rate, won't be for at least a few weeks) I saw an Italia scooting down Colorado Blvd. in Eagle Rock.

Howdy, Neighbor! :D
Last edited by amanda_c on Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

Sushi513 wrote:Hola Everyone!

I have been lurking around for quite some time now and felt really silly to post anything since it will be another good 10 mos before I get a Buddy! :cry:

However, I was just wondering what would happen if I did not break in the buddy exactly as it states in the owner's manual?

.... just kidding <ducks behind the computer for any flowing debris> :wink:

I did however wanted to say hello to the fella I saw in Richmond Va this past weekend, when I was there for dance camp. I spotted a Buddy 150 Italia zooming around in Carytown!! I was SO excited to actually see someone riding one that I almost waved him/her down to say hello! But I decided better of it since I didnt want to get run over or cause an accident.

So I am saying hello here .. in the safety of the internet. :D

I like your attitude coming out strong with a joke on the first post!! Welcome!!! You will fit right in!
charltons

Post by charltons »

chancerbeans13 wrote:The lady at VespaJacksonville where I bought my scoot, said they were averaging selling 10-15 during the week and about 30 each on Saturday and Sunday, oddly enough, I hardly ever see them around. The business is located out at the beach. All the scooters must be staying out there...LOL
They can't ALL be at the beach- I saw a Pamplona in my neighborhood today, and a silver and black Buddy the other day. (see your "Calling all jacksonville scooters" thread)

The thing is, they're not here on MB. Between vespajax and Solano in St. Augustine, there should be plenty of Buddies around. As far as I know, they both still have them in stock.

So, how do we get them on this site?
" You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought " - Leia