Buddy sightings in YOUR area!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

skully93

Post by skully93 »

wheelbender6 wrote:Saw this one on Wazee St in Denver. Its maybe skully83? I was working near there for a few weeks.
I've seen that one too! I work just a few blocks away on Market.
hackett

Post by hackett »

Saw a black or dark green buddy northbound on Austin Highway at Rittiman today about 6:00 p.m.
"The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body." --HST
theemptythrone

Post by theemptythrone »

Finally saw another roughhouse today!
i see scooters a lot but ive only seen one genuine other then mine before now.
i was cruising down pacific ave, parked and went inside to get pizza, and when i came back out there was a black roughhouse parked next to mine!
i got so excited i almost embarrassed my self.

scoots greazy v MCgilacuddy.
Witch

Post by Witch »

Passed an orange (couldn't tell if it was Tangerine or Sunset) Buddy that was cruising on Sepulveda Blvd., just north of the pass, on Tuesday about 9am.
Whimscootie

Post by Whimscootie »

I saw a Stella riding south on SR 48 near Maineville, Ohio yesterday.

Complete with milk crate and female rider with helmet!
Scootin' for a slower pace of life...
www.49ccscooterlife.blogspot.com
TVB

Post by TVB »

This doesn't actually count as a "sighting" because I was at a Genuine dealer, but they had several new deliveries they were uncrating and assembling.* One was the black-on-black-with-black-trim Buddy 170, which I must say looked worthy of Bruce Wayne. The new metallic Brit-blue Buddy 50 also caused my eyes to stray briefly from my stalwart red Flash in the repair bay.

*In a market where "new, old stock" often lingers on the showroom floor, it's comforting to see a shop bringing in new inventory.
brianwheelies

Post by brianwheelies »

Saw a Black 170i with silver stripe in Las Vegas on Desert Inn near Decatur. Third time ever seeing a Buddy in the wild.
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

Thornton, CO:

Italia on 120th at Colorado Blvd Thursday 4/17 at about 5:30 pm.
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
TVB

Post by TVB »

I spotted an orange Stella with matching sidecar parked at the public park on Reeds Lake in East Grand Rapids. With a for-sale sign on it.
jrstone

Post by jrstone »

Guy riding a Buddy Italia going south on May ave at Britton Rd. I was on the St. Tropez. Had a short chat at the light and I sped away (was running late for work). If you're on here, it was nice to meet you.
DanielPerrin

Post by DanielPerrin »

Oklahoma City, NW Expressway and MacArthur. I saw a black Buddy 125 Wednesday morning 7 AM. The rider had on a skirt. Finally, skirt weather!
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
Whimscootie

Post by Whimscootie »

Saw a light blue Buddy heading east on Montgomery Road this afternoon.
hackett

Post by hackett »

Just saw an orange buddy ride past Molly Darcys on Meramec in St. Louis.
"The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body." --HST
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

Tangerine Buddy 125 with purple stars parked next to me today.
North Western Ave, Chicago.
"Hey You, yeah, all you'se thoughts, specially you, creepy wierd one in the corner, Screw you guys, I'm going for a ride..."
Dage'sVew

Post by Dage'sVew »

Saw an Italia parked on Otterman Street in Greensburg. Nobody around but I tooted anyway thinking the owner might recognize the Stebel horn if they heard it.
hackett

Post by hackett »

Wouldn't normally post a sighting from a rally weekend, but I saw a St. Tropez parked under the awning at the Whole Foods on Broad St. in NOLA on Saturday. Somehow feels removed enough from the rally events to warrant noting.
hackett

Post by hackett »

And saw three Buddies parked in downtown Austin today. A red one parked at 6th and I-35, a white one parked on Brazos north of 6th... and the third escapes me now. Brazos north of 7th, I think.
Witch

Post by Witch »

Spotted myself on Google Street View!
Attachments
small002.jpg
small002.jpg (49.71 KiB) Viewed 4829 times
small01.jpg
small01.jpg (39.4 KiB) Viewed 4829 times
TVB

Post by TVB »

Witch wrote:Spotted myself on Google Street View!
Congratulations! Your 15 minutes of fame* have begun.

*calculated cumulatively from time spent by people worldwide viewing you on Google Maps/Earth
Witch

Post by Witch »

Oh, I got like 5 hours of fame a few months ago from an official Doctor Who page re-posting a picture. :wink: Most people either have no idea what it is, or they won't let me go anywhere for a half hour while they stand in front of it and go nuts. It's hilarious, really. I love it.
TVB

Post by TVB »

Black RoughHouse in the parking lot of MVP Sportsplex on Burton and East Paris. It was there when I got there, and it was there when I left: you're a better person than me. :clap: Unless you were goofing around in the outdoor pool all afternoon, in which case: just wait until you have a full-time job to go to like I do, kid. :P
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

Saw a green 170i at 1st and Limberlost around 5:15P today. Running 2up with a crate out back, both riders were smiling. Bit hot out (I saw 109° F on the thermometer) but an otherwise great day to be scooting.
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
TVB

Post by TVB »

Two kids on a white Buddy, zipping west on Robinson Road. Enthusiastic waves exchanged. :)
jrstone

Post by jrstone »

Yesterday. Psycho Buddy turning south on May Ave. in Oklahoma City just north of Memorial Rd.
ScootLady

buddies

Post by ScootLady »

Saw a bright pink buddy near me in Lacey WA. I was on College and it was turning to go the opposite direction. I am seeing more scooters, but it may be because I am noticing them now.
Scooting through life...smiling all the way!
Delraco

Post by Delraco »

Twice last week I was happily accosted at stoplights by buddy enthusiasts. All nearby my house (Far West Blvd/Steck Area in Austin).

I even got to bump fists with one of the guys before parting ways at the stoplight. It was such a pleasant surprise. :P

If anyone in the Austin area does weekend scooter romps round town hit me up!
Stormswift

Post by Stormswift »

Finaly saw one yesterday traveling down Falls Rd towards the city sometime after 11 am. Male rider, wnhite trim Buddy, could not tell main color.
I am not a scooter snob.
I am a scooter connoisseur
dsmith65

Post by dsmith65 »

In Franklin, TN on Friday evening a white 125 parked outside La Hacienda
MB #2349
hackett

Post by hackett »

In Omaha around 7:30 this evening, I saw two Stellas and a handful of other scooters on the road (Pershing?) underneath the 680 bridge over the river.
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

Yesterday 5pm or so, I saw an orange Bud on Sublette on The Hill, heading north. Lovely afternoon in a nice scooter neighborhood. Ciao!
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

I saw several Buddies in San Francisco over the weekend. They climb the hills well. Alas, no pics. I did see a lot of these electric jobs.
2013 Buddy 125, Prima Pipe, #95 main jet, Orange CDI
Neurotic-Hapi-Snak

Post by Neurotic-Hapi-Snak »

wheelbender6 wrote:I saw several Buddies in San Francisco over the weekend. They climb the hills well. Alas, no pics. I did see a lot of these electric jobs.
First twist n' go tupperscoots, now electric scoots. What is the world coming to? Time to go to my garage and breath in deliciously aromatic exhaust and listen to the lovely symphony of my exhaust.
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

What kind of scoot is that above?
TVB

Post by TVB »

A duo of a hot-pink and a black Buddy just went past my house! (They probably didn't notice Flash sheltered on my front porch.)
snoozy

Post by snoozy »

Saw 2 white Buddies waiting to board the ferry to Bainbridge Island from Seattle this morning...
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

Hooligan, no plate, parked on the sidewalk in front of Milo's Tavern (& bocce garden). Hope the Po-lice don't figure out your new scoot and tow it.... :shock:
ScootLady

olympia wa

Post by ScootLady »

Saw an orangish boddy a few times in town
first in lacey and then on the west side by the mall
sunday
the 10th?
ScootLady

olympia wa

Post by ScootLady »

Saw an orangish boddy a few times in town
first in lacey and then on the west side by the mall
sunday
the 10th?
Girl on Fire

Post by Girl on Fire »

Saw a black 125 parked near the Grove in Los Angeles. It was parked front wheel to the curb. Woops.
Christophers

Post by Christophers »

Girl on Fire wrote:Saw a black 125 parked near the Grove in Los Angeles. It was parked front wheel to the curb. Woops.
LOL

(Buddy parking police)
If this is your first day with PSYCHO, you have to ride.
Benzo Mike

Post by Benzo Mike »

Sea foam green Buddy spotted out in front of Eli's barbecue (Cincinnati East End) this evening, around 7:00 PM. You might have seen me blaze by on the wife's Italia.
New signature - you don't care what else I have, and I don't care to tell you about it. I have a 2009 Buddy Italia, let's leave it at that.
Stormswift

Post by Stormswift »

Saw orange buddy today, female rider, head gear only, traveling down Old Court Rd, crossing Greenspring Ave.
I am not a scooter snob.
I am a scooter connoisseur
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

Black Buddy, couldn't tell at a quick glance whether it was 50 or 125, looks like it was ridden by a student as I was dropping my kiddo off at his high school (St. Louis U. High).
SF Pamplona

Post by SF Pamplona »

Drum Pro wrote:What kind of scoot is that above?
Are you referring to the red, electric one with the "Scoot" on the side? That's Scoot Network in San Francisco. It's like car sharing for scooters. I was using this for awhile until I decided I needed my own and bought a Buddy.

It's a really terrific service though and very cheap.
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

SF Pamplona wrote:
Are you referring to the red, electric one with the "Scoot" on the side? That's Scoot Network in San Francisco. It's like car sharing for scooters. I was using this for awhile until I decided I needed my own and bought a Buddy.

yeah. What brand of scoot are they?
Benzo Mike

Post by Benzo Mike »

Saw a Blackjack at the NHRA US Nationals. Bob Vandergriff (Top Fuel) pit bike. Only Buddy in a veritably sea of Kymcos (official sponsor, etc).
New signature - you don't care what else I have, and I don't care to tell you about it. I have a 2009 Buddy Italia, let's leave it at that.
SF Pamplona

Post by SF Pamplona »

Drum Pro wrote:
SF Pamplona wrote:

yeah. What brand of scoot are they?
They are a little electric number which Scoots Network customizes for their purposes. I don't know the brand name though... only that they are built in Taiwan (according to their rep).
Whimscootie

Post by Whimscootie »

Saw an orange Buddy at the traffic light on Rt 48 and Rt 22, Warren County, heading north on Rt 48!

Also saw a black Honda Elite 110 at Old SR 74 and Rt 32, Clermont County. Two up!

8)
GearsAndSuch

Post by GearsAndSuch »

Saw a Red and Creme Buddy on Survey Drive in Reston on Friday.

Also saw a Red Stella 2T in Brunswick MD yesterday. Topcase, stickers, and cowl protectors. Seemed like it was loved.
Whimscootie

Post by Whimscootie »

Witch wrote:Spotted myself on Google Street View!
THAT is freaky!

:shock: