America's newest Blur owner

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

KCScooterDude

America's newest Blur owner

Post by KCScooterDude »

Well, probably not quite, but I've had the Blur since yesterday and wow, I'm impressed. I was looking at some 250cc Kymcos, but just didn't like the looks or the price.

Got my baby at Scooterworld in downtown Overland Park, KS and got a great deal. The 2-year warranty and roadside sold me.

If there is one of these left at your dealership, you owe it to ride one and see if you can do a deal. Lots of fun and it gets my fat A** up the hills with plenty of throttle left. Very, very impressed.

I'm going to be commuting every day on two-wheels, and I couldn't ask for better machine. So far, you can't get me off of it. I'll probably need to do that first oil change next week.
EP_scoot

Post by EP_scoot »

Dude,
Welcome to the board and congrats !

First time on two wheels? Or like many of us, coming back after a long hiatus ! :D
Beer is the answer . . . what was the question?

D.
justscooten

Post by justscooten »

YESSSS another blur owner i have a 07 too and love it i got it in feb. and had to wait for it to worm up here in michigan but i have been riding to work the last two weeks and just past the writen test yesterday and take the riding part next week to get my cycle endorsment. then im legal!! man your going to have a plast on it.. 8)
CTL11

Post by CTL11 »

Justscooten, What did you pay out the door if you don't mind me asking?
KCScooterDude

Post by KCScooterDude »

EP_scoot wrote:Dude,
Welcome to the board and congrats !

First time on two wheels? Or like many of us, coming back after a long hiatus ! :D
Well - dirt bikes in the 80s in junior high and high-school, so I am coming back after a long hiatus. I did buy a second hand Tank 150 in january and put about 1,000 km (Chinameters) learning to ride.

I quickly realized I needed something better for every day use. I will say, despite what you read on these boards about China scooters (and I agree, there is a lot of junk out there) the Tank was pretty good bike to learn on. The engine is okay if a bit doggy, and I did have dealer support (though nothing went wrong in that time). Like a lot of people the price attracted me because I wasn't sure if a scooter would be practical for me. I mean, they are what they are - cheap and ment to be driven into the ground.

Really excited about riding a quality ride, though. I continue to be amazed each time I ride the Blur.
daytimedeal

Possibly...

Post by daytimedeal »

I jsut picked up my 2006 Blur today (May 3)! What fun.
CTL11

Re: Possibly...

Post by CTL11 »

daytimedeal wrote:I jsut picked up my 2006 Blur today (May 3)! What fun.
Do you mind me asking what you payed?
Tenchi

No price reduction yet on this end....

Post by Tenchi »

Local shop here in San Jose still has them at MSRP......I want one, even in orange and grey..... :cry:
Davek

hmm

Post by Davek »

I'm sure they will deal on that Blur.. just ask them what their best price is.

If they won't, talk to Barry at the SF Scooter Center.. he has one 2006 left and I know he's willing to deal since I've talked to him about it before I found the one I got. Barry is really cool; I'm sure he'll work with you on getting that Blur, or he said he could order 07's if that is what you prefer.
tempalte

Post by tempalte »

congrats on the new bike.

If you see a orange and black one around town thats me. I have only seen one other Blur in KC and it was a 2007 grey one. I think I have the only orange/black one in town.
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

I've noticed there are several Blur owners located here in San Francisco from some of the posts I've seen, although I've yet to see one in person (other than my own 06). So, if any of you's see an 06 with the orange stripes removed and a black instructment cover (rather than orange), that'd be me! I'm thinking about painting the orange side covers aluminum color soon so look out for that, too. :D
KCScooterDude

Post by KCScooterDude »

tempalte wrote:congrats on the new bike.

If you see a orange and black one around town thats me. I have only seen one other Blur in KC and it was a 2007 grey one. I think I have the only orange/black one in town.
I'm in K.C. - Leawood, actually. Do you have a jacket with yellow on it. I might have seen you riding down Lee Blvd. Only other Blur I've seen. I've only had mine (an '07) about a week. I'm off 83rd between Lee and Mission.
ADouble

Congrats

Post by ADouble »

Congrats on getting a new scooter...i just got one Saturday...and i love it too