Another new Seattle Buddy!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

SarahScoot

Another new Seattle Buddy!

Post by SarahScoot »

My '08 Pamplona was delivered by Ducati Seattle this afternoon :D I'm pretty excited, but can't do much with it yet. Everything's working against me - rainy day, no helmet (yet), and not endorsed (yet). If it's nice tomorrow, I may not be able to resist taking it on a small spin down the alley... very carefully, of course!
The folks came over to take a picture of me with the baby (Mom has her own seafoam Buddy), gave me a cover (aww!), and took a few pictures.
I do have a question regarding the exhaust on the internationals. My exhaust is all black but is chrome-tipped, which is different than how it appears on the Genuine website. Anyone know why it's different?
Last edited by SarahScoot on Sun May 04, 2008 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
justscooten

Post by justscooten »

the pics on the site are really just 125s with 150 badging. the pipe on your scooter is the right one do to being a 150. it needs to be bigger than the 125s .. i dont have my endorsment yet ether i just took the writen part wensday i take the riding test on sunday i should be legal by monday. ive done 250 mile with out it sofar.
Queen

Post by Queen »

Congrats on the Pamplona!! I stopped by the dealer yesterday to buy a rear chrome rack for my St. Tropez and the Pamplona they got Friday afternoon was already sold. It's going to be interesting around town this summer...scooters are selling like hotcakes here.
maryvu

Post by maryvu »

congrats! I love the horn on those. I made sure to test the horn last time i was down there. My gf rides my cream 125, she has a royal blue corazzo 5.0 jacket. Should you see her around town.

I'm on avocado Stella with orange stripes on cowls. Have fun and ride safe!
Christy

Re: Another new Seattle Buddy!

Post by Christy »

SarahScoot wrote: My exhaust is all black but is chrome-tipped, which is different than how it appears on the Genuine website. Anyone know why it's different?
mine is exactly the same and I asked the dealer about it, but it's just because Genuine didn't actually take pictures of the Intl's...they just photoshopped the 125's. (you may have also noticed the grips in the pics are brown, but in reality they are tan like the seat)
EPSP #76
SarahScoot

Post by SarahScoot »

Thanks Christy and justscooten; that makes more sense! I do like the look of the chrome along the sides of the 125s, but I'm happy with what it came with :-) MaryVu, I already know a little about your Stella saga because I checked out some of the Seattle Buddy riders on the map. I was actually at the Sustainable West Seattle festival for a few minutes today and saw several WestEnders SC bikes there and talked to "Hairy" for a few minutes. Can't remember his real name now... oops... I'll keep my eye out for you and your gf.
zemacar

welcome...

Post by zemacar »

...to the scooter family, Sarah! :wink:
Let's get Josh....