Geek Scooter Project

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ervine13

Geek Scooter Project

Post by ervine13 »

kuruku

Post by kuruku »

I posted that yesterday
Poppie tricks are the number one caper
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Hey, ervine,

This is cool. (It was actually posted here earlier, I think. I also saw it on MV.)

Where in LA are you?
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
ervine13

Post by ervine13 »

Haha. Ooops. I was just excited to post my first message, I didnt even check to see if it was here already.

ericalm wrote: Where in LA are you?
I live in Norwalk. Where 91/605 meets. Are there any scoot groups/clubs in LA/OC?
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

ervine13 wrote:Haha. Ooops. I was just excited to post my first message, I didnt even check to see if it was here already.

ericalm wrote: Where in LA are you?
I live in Norwalk. Where 91/605 meets. Are there any scoot groups/clubs in LA/OC?
Yup! Several, actually. There's the South Bay Scooter Club, West Side Scooter Club (which is all vintage), Reflections Scooter Society (which hosts weekly Friday night rides starting in Hollywood). There are a bunch more groups in Long Beach/OC/

Then there are several informal groups that ride, some of which may have names... Lazy Bones in Silverlake? There are also a lot of various events, rides and rallies. Check out the calendar and links to club sites here: http://scoot.net/calendar/
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
ervine13

Post by ervine13 »

ericalm wrote:
Then there are several informal groups that ride, some of which may have names... Lazy Bones in Silverlake? There are also a lot of various events, rides and rallies. Check out the calendar and links to club sites here: http://scoot.net/calendar/
West Side and Southbay looks interesting. Do you have to have a "vintage" scoot to be part of it? I'd love to go to some of their events.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

To be a West Side member, yes. Then they have some vintage-only events, some open to all scoots. South Bay I think is more open.

In general, the larger events like rallies are open to all scoots while they arrange special rides or separate events for the vintage riders.

The big event in a few months is the Endless Summer rally in Santa Barbara. I've never been, but hope to this year; really want to make that ride up from L.A.