Riding in the Rain - New

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

DennisD

Riding in the Rain - New

Post by DennisD »

Buddy got wet for the first time today. Riding home early to avoid storms coming from the west didn't work. I thought I would make it, but as I turned and went up the 17th avenue hill, my thought was, "I'm going to get hammered around the back end of the bayou!" Sure enough, the heavy wind, huge rain and lightening hit just as I turned onto the road around the bayou. Only two miles to go and the wind was gusting as high as 40-50mph off the bayou, hitting me and Buddy from the side. I slowed to 30mph and was thankful I had on a full face but sorry I didn't have the windshield yet. Buddy would get knocked a bit to the side and I counterbalanced and pretty much kept her on a straight line. As luck would have it, a cager pulled out in front of me at one intersection after looking directly at me. Maybe he didn't see me but I doubt it. I made it home and my garage door opener in my jeans pocket still worked even though it was soaked. I rode into the garage, closed the door and got naked. Clothes are hanging all over the garage dripping still. The good news is that all of my Buddy paper work was in an envelpe in the storage compartment under the seat and it is as dry as a bone. About 20 minutes later, it quit raining and the sun came out. Beautiful weather. There was a tornado sighted somewhere in the area. And ya know what? It was fun! A little scary, but fun!

Dennis
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

I had my first rain ride today as well, tho I've had my Bud since the end of February... I was kinda diggin' it too (except my jacket doesn't cover my neck, so it was stinging a bit). Luckily I got home about 2 seconds before it REALLY LET LOOSE!!! It was crazy. Our power went out for a couple hours. Glad to hear you're enjoying your buddy...

P.S. about the garage strip-tease: T.M.I.!!!
lojical1

Post by lojical1 »

KRUSTYburger wrote: P.S. about the garage strip-tease: T.M.I.!!!

HAHAHAHAH! I dunno Krusty.......I would say something borderline crude/lascivious, but the SO would get me. :twisted:
"I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive."
-Spike Spiegel

If ur not scared u aint drivin' fast enough .
madtolive

Post by madtolive »

Our power went out for a couple hours.
there was a crazy hailstorm in austin last night. what the hell is up with this weather? at any rate, what the hell is up with the planet. there's a thread on modernvespa speculating that the world is imploding.

ps. i'd been wondering how to incorporate the buddy into a strip tease. great job, dennis and krusty. :wink:
sunil: "And if you spend 40 dollars making a pizza then you sir are a retard."
ericalm: "No name calling, please. Maybe he's using truffles and top-grade meats."
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

madtolive wrote:there's a thread on modernvespa speculating that the world is imploding.
But are there still any threads about scooters? ;)

Unseasonably hot in L.A. this week. That's all I'm sayin'.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

Global warming will be a thing of the past as more people discover Buddy.
Why, even Al G. might be riding!
Dennis
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Al gore's been riding for years

Riding a jumbo jet daily to new york strip malls to go shopping. Then having a hummer drive him around town as his in city transportation. Way to go al gore, that's some environmentally friendly activity.
piceloni

Post by piceloni »

It rained pretty much all day here, too. I threw on my SUPER dorky rainsuit this morning, and delighted in my morning ride to work. I managed to arrive at the office completely dry except for my chin (3/4 helmet w/ flip shield), but with a smile on my face. I couldn't help but think, as I was driving along, how much fun I was still having. :D

One crappy grey day, made 100% better by my Buddy.