Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

toddrw2251

Let the Rumors Begin

Post by toddrw2251 »

Werd, Yo! I'm Rusty.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Niiiice. I noticed the Canadian Metro version of the BuBu has matte black like this.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

I wanna say seth's bike, but I dont remember him modding it. And he had a buddy back then before the 150's came out, right now he rides a mint green stella.

Then because on their site it says "My personal buddy" it makes me think maybe it's dave's buddy, but wait, dave rides a red stella! Who's bike is it?

It's just a black buddy, pamplona rims/tires, painted rear passenger grips, prima pipe, and playing card vinyl sticker on the fender.

Bit i'm liking these other bikes they made.

Also, heres another shot of that bike you posted

I'm super curious about these bikes they made, never saw them in their stores, guess they sold them, but the "personal buddy" still confuses me.
Dan Buddy

Post by Dan Buddy »

Love the flat black! They should go with a flat red on the rims if they are really going to go to market with it.

This was my spin on the look:

Should paint the rims red.
toddrw2251

Post by toddrw2251 »

The black and red bikes started with a red and one black bike and the dealer swapped the panels before he sold them. Metro has also been known to pinstripe scooters pre sale.

I think you may be right about the Black Jack being Dave's personal scooter. I know he has a flat black buddy, but I didn't think this was it. I didn't recognize the specialty mirror and Dave's bike doesn't have the cards on the fender and is not a 150cc bike. I think someone may have gotten creative with Photoshop to make the picture. I did hear that a flat black buddy was in the work and thought that this might be it. Either way it's still an awesome bike and I still want one. If this bike isn't in Genuine's future line up it would be beneficial if they took some notes.
Werd, Yo! I'm Rusty.
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

But genuine already makes a black buddy, the 2008 is all black, but it still has the silver passenger grips, and footrest.

Whoever made this "black jack" buddy debadged it, I was so excited to see it a 150, but I am still wondering if it is a 125, just named with 150.

Heck, maybe it is Dave's bike, he might have ordered a 150 from genuine and swapped them himself, then it would be 150 real cc. Too bad him or seth dont post here, or else we could get this mystery solved.
toddrw2251

Post by toddrw2251 »

In my opinion the flat black looks much cooler than the shiny black they currently make. I know for a fact that dave's bike isn't a 150, because he had it way before the 150's were out. I think the brass from Genuine saw Dave's bike when they came through Cincinnati durring the release of the internationals. It could be a future scoot modeled off of Dave's custom work.
Werd, Yo! I'm Rusty.
kazoo

Re: Let the Rumors Begin

Post by kazoo »

My Italian ain't so good, but that look so magnifico.

toddrw2251 wrote:Image
BuddyLicious

Post by BuddyLicious »

I was just curious,the Buddy in "Dan Buddys" post, looks to have a differant tranny & air box cover.Is that a 50cc or what?

Tim
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

He rode a 50cc bike, the 50cc has a different air filter cover and engine cover, they are more similar in the 08 models though. The pictures I posted were similar, but the bike was 125cc.