Security Alarms / Immobilizers / Locks

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Mtlgrlie

Post by Mtlgrlie »

Yes! Exactly! That is what I do Michelle. slow and precise.

It only takes setting it off a few times huh?

But it still caught a bit most of the time. And looking at my key, I could see where it was hitting and rubbing. Sanded a smidge and perfect.

My orange one is a little quieter and more finicky lock wise too.

My dogs occasionally set them off, but barking and freaking isn't a bad thing when they hear the alarm!

By the way everybody, I bought all the security for my scoot before I even had a helmet. Once a theft victim, always a theft victim!
:shock:
teabow1

More difficult than locking a bike?

Post by teabow1 »

Very interesting posts on how to secure a scooter. Just from reading this forum, i get the impression that locking a scooter securely is more complicated than locking a bicycle. But that shouldn't be so, should it?? A bike is just as easy if not easier to steal because it's lightweight. But, maybe a scooter is more attractive to thieves? Besides, most theives when looking at my bicycle wouldn't realise it costs $1,400.

I have ones question though about securing a scooter:
Can the Honda Metropolitan use a disc lock?someone said here that the Gorilla doesn't work with the Metro. I saw images of disc locks but have no idea how they work.
uncleralph

Re: More difficult than locking a bike?

Post by uncleralph »

teabow1 wrote:Can the Honda Metropolitan use a disc lock?someone said here that the Gorilla doesn't work with the Metro. I saw images of disc locks but have no idea how they work.
The Honda Met has drum brakes, so it will not work with a disc lock. A disc lock requires a disc brake.

Ralph
teabow1

Re: More difficult than locking a bike?

Post by teabow1 »

uncleralph wrote:
teabow1 wrote:
The Honda Met has drum brakes, so it will not work with a disc lock. A disc lock requires a disc brake.

Ralph
Ah! I see. Thanks for clarifying.
skully93

Post by skully93 »

Having 2 scoots I worry about them. Especially since I can only afford 1 kryptonite lock at a time!

we do have a back yard, but no real way to get it in there because there are raised steps. It would also be annoying to my landlords if I had to go through their backyard and start a loud scooter next to their window.

so, they both go in a small gated lot, which is on the other side of our new neighbor's house. The fence is only a few feet tall, so you could climb over it easy, but it's metal and locked. I have 1 kryptonite lock that goes on Yoda (sorry Zumi, but you're paid off and 1/2 the price, so....) and to the fence. Zumi gets a thick cable lock. Both are steering-locked and covered. I also have insurance.

I do believe I'll get a NY noose lock to replace the cable lock though, because it's very small. I only used around town during the day, but with 2 scoots I worry during the summer that someone will mess with em.