Played hookey today

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

rkcoker

Played hookey today

Post by rkcoker »

Not really, took a vacation day so I could enjoy riding the only pretty day this week in north Texas. Took a trip to Rockwall to Greeneville turned west towards McKinney turned south to Lake Lavon then home. Almost 90 miles in 3 hours, found that my scoot will indicate 65 mph but the traffic makes me think the speedometer is 5mph fast. A real fun day! I can't say enough about how good my Buddy 125 is. Can't wait until warmer weather let's me start commuting on it.
Southern singular is y'all
Southern plural is "all y'all"
Raiderfn311

Post by Raiderfn311 »

Playing hookey and going riding. The forbidden fruit. :)
The Edge....there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who truly know where it is have gone over. -Hunter S. Thompson
viney266

Post by viney266 »

Nice...I can even hear the theme music for that ride 8)
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
TVB

Post by TVB »

I couldn't play hooky... but I did leave the office for lunch early this afternoon, and scooted around the lake to enjoy the last sunny day in Michigan without snow on the streets. Even took the long way home after dark, reluctant to pull into the driveway.
rkcoker

Post by rkcoker »

viney266 wrote:Nice...I can even hear the theme music for that ride 8)
What? "The Flight of the Valkyrie"? :lol:
Southern singular is y'all
Southern plural is "all y'all"
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

Just like this, hopefully without the red jammies and socks with sandals....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3qGAnBrg2I
"Hey You, yeah, all you'se thoughts, specially you, creepy wierd one in the corner, Screw you guys, I'm going for a ride..."
westniner

Post by westniner »

Good day for a ride.
still shifting

Post by still shifting »

A constant temptation when you are self employed. Healthy and rewarding. Cheap entertainment. R
skully93

Post by skully93 »

I often find myself tempted to 'run to the store' when the weather is gorgeous. I bought the scoot to save money, unfortunately between gear lust and constantly wanting a destination to take it to, it costs.

"Oh, but we're out of graham crackers! I know we don't eat them, but we're out!"
slusher5

Post by slusher5 »

this kinda off topic, but has anyone saved on groceries or lost weight because they can't buy as many groceries in one trip? or has the opposite occurred because they love riding the scooter to the store?
skully93

Post by skully93 »

Any weight I have gained over the past few months is only because it's gotten cold, so we don't walk for several miles a few times per week like we do when it's warmer.

Since I'm not working out 40+ hours a week anymore, I have been able to dramatically cut back on food consumption. There were days when I'd eat a burrito, a pizza, have drinks, and still be in the negative for calories. Knowing I could blow up like a balloon, I cut the junk eating and try to get in some extra walking here and there.
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

Wheelz wrote:Just like this, hopefully without the red jammies and socks with sandals....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3qGAnBrg2I
Yeah...... That was 'weird'
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

skully93 wrote:I often find myself tempted to 'run to the store' when the weather is gorgeous.
I ran out the other day just for a few things, turned the 'wrong' direction out of my driveway towards the grocery store, 100 miles later (the grocery store in only 6 miles) I made it to the store. I had forgotten what I needed in the first place!! :fp:
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba