Fun rides in Atlanta??

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

applejackATL

Fun rides in Atlanta??

Post by applejackATL »

Hey all,

I just got my 125 cc Italia - Loving it!

Does anyone know any fun rides in the ATL?

Thanks,

Applejack
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

I have fun ANYWHERE I ride :lol: Thats the joy of driving a buddy!
Leeroy Jenkins

Post by Leeroy Jenkins »

I took the bud on "the loop" 180/60/19/129 in the N. GA mountains last time I came to ATL.

not in town, but a really cool ride.
scoots4me

Post by scoots4me »

Hey neighbor (no really, this rider is my neighbor!),
I've heard there are scooter meet ups at Thinking Man's Tavern in Decatur - it's a quick jaunt down Dekalb Ave. from us and if you're not familiar with it, I can give details. Rumor has it the meet ups are on Wednesday nights. Rumor also has it that sometimes people go on rides together from there. I've not witnessed it yet - I'm planning to go once I'm feeling like my skills are up to it. I might brave a drive to the gas station on Mooreland this weekend if you feel like a quick trip with a slowpoke. HAHA. Mama will be sooo proud of me! Watch out kids - I'll be braving RR tracks for the first time...and crappy ones at best.
scooterstud

Re: Fun rides in Atlanta??

Post by scooterstud »

applejackATL wrote:Hey all,

I just got my 125 cc Italia - Loving it!

Does anyone know any fun rides in the ATL?

Thanks,

Applejack
Hi Applejack. I think the most fun I've had on my SI has been riding to and then around Stone Mountain Park from Decatur. If you go the long way around the mountain there are these roads with almost no one on them (at least when I was there) that are kind of twisty and fun to scoot around.
golfinguy

Post by golfinguy »

Check out Atlanta Scooter Society on meetup.com. They are another group that does a lot of interesting little rides, and the person doing the bulk of the organizing now (Angie) has worked in some stuff with other clubs and also with ATL Scooters. We are members (2 and 3 after our friends who started the group before Angie stepped in and ran with it), but we sadly haven't been out in a while.

I really enjoy riding around in town, Atlanta's not a bad place for scooters if you stay off the faster roads.
From our wonderful Buddy 50 service manual:
ass’ part loose
NoogaScooter

Post by NoogaScooter »

I'm from Chattanooga and visit Atlanta often.

I bet 285 on any weekday around 5 p.m. would be fun.

What ya think?