MODERN BUDDY BUTTONS ARE HERE!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ericalm
Site Admin

MODERN BUDDY BUTTONS ARE HERE!

Post by ericalm »

Modern Buddy Buttons Series 1 are no longer on sale! Some of these will still be available in the future. Stay tuned.
All proceeds from the sale of Buddy Buttons will go towards supporting the site and making more ModernBuddy stuff!

So here's how this is going to work (for now):
Buttons are 3 for $5 or 5 for $6, shipping included.
Want magnets instead of buttons? Add $1 to the amount of each set (not each button).

Paypal your payment to ericalm@modernbuddy.com.
In the notes include your MB member name, real name, mailing address and the number for each button that you want (see below). If you buy more than one set and want some magnets, some buttons, please be sure to indicate which should be which.

Buttons are hand made at ModernBuddy.com World Headquarters in Los Angeles, CA. No animals are harmed in the making of Modern Buddy buttons. Because these are hand made, it may take us 7-10 days to produce and ship them.

[EDITED TO ADD:] These are 1" buttons, by the way, not those gauche 1.25" monstrosities you see the poseurs wearing.

BUTTON PRODUCTION WILL BE SUSPENDED FOR MONTH OF JULY! ALL ORDERS MUST BE IN BY END OF JUNE. I'm going to be away for 3 weeks, so July will be the month we'll be having our buttons series 2 contest!

Last edited by ericalm on Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:33 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
addictionriot

Post by addictionriot »

oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!!

*jumps up and down like a little kid. gimme gimme

you totally rock btw :D :D :D

EDIT: Yipee I ordered!
Last edited by addictionriot on Tue May 27, 2008 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ryder1

Post by ryder1 »

These are great!

Love all the choices.

I ordered mine from the great company in CA
Last edited by ryder1 on Thu May 29, 2008 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pita1963

Post by Pita1963 »

Yay !!

I ordered my 10 !!!

Robb

:nerd:
The answer is : 42
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Nice! I put my order in just now.

Thanks Eric!

-John
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

OK, hold the phone.

You say these are made at Modern Buddy World Headquarters in Los Angeles, California.

Are these of craftsman quality made by Americans in an American facility on American machinery?

Are your employees paid a fair wage with health benefits and vacation and retirement plan?

How do we know you don't have this huge shipping container stuffed in your back yard crammed with buttons produced by some poor third world kids trying to earn enough money to buy a pair of jeans? Or something like that?

Never mind, I've gotta find my pass word and order some buttons.

Dennis
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

DennisD wrote:Are these of craftsman quality made by Americans in an American facility on American machinery?
Yep.
DennisD wrote:Are your employees paid a fair wage with health benefits and vacation and retirement plan?
Of course not. What do you think this is, Europe?
DennisD wrote:How do we know you don't have this huge shipping container stuffed in your back yard crammed with buttons produced by some poor third world kids trying to earn enough money to buy a pair of jeans? Or something like that?
They're not really "poor third world kids." They're my cousins, honest. They're just naturally that skinny. And if they don't want to hose each other off, they can stay that dirty for all I care (as long as they stay out of the house).
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
addictionriot

Post by addictionriot »

ericalm wrote: They're not really "poor third world kids." They're my cousins, honest. They're just naturally that skinny. And if they don't want to hose each other off, they can stay that dirty for all I care (as long as they stay out of the house).

:rofl: that's just wrong
mattgordon

Varry Niiice!

Post by mattgordon »

Is the "magnetic surcharge" per pin?
ericalm
Site Admin

Re: Varry Niiice!

Post by ericalm »

mattgordon wrote:Is the "magnetic surcharge" per pin?
Nope—that's for the whole set. Extra $1 for 3 or 5.
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

oh how wonderful. Just ordered a bunch!
madtolive

Post by madtolive »

sweeeeet!!!! they're gorgeous, eric! yaaaaaay!!! :clap:
sunil: "And if you spend 40 dollars making a pizza then you sir are a retard."
ericalm: "No name calling, please. Maybe he's using truffles and top-grade meats."
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

:shock:
:D
8) coolness

will be ordering some :nerd:

congrats on finally getting them made :clap:
Penguinboy

Post by Penguinboy »

Just ordered a set of 5 buttons and a set of 5 magnets! Nice work, Eric! Man, you've got some mad crazy graphic artist skills!
EP_scoot

Post by EP_scoot »

Eric,
this paypal thinggy. Do I go to PAYPAL dot com and click on the SEND MONEY link and check the GOODS button?

I know, I know . . . pretty soon my VCR will be blinking 12:00 !

Will you include some Blur buttons on the next design go around? The ten strong and counting is a pretty funny one. Will you ask for suggestions?

Thanks,
Beer is the answer . . . what was the question?

D.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

EP_scoot wrote:Eric,
this paypal thinggy. Do I go to PAYPAL dot com and click on the SEND MONEY link and check the GOODS button?

I know, I know . . . pretty soon my VCR will be blinking 12:00 !

Will you include some Blur buttons on the next design go around? The ten strong and counting is a pretty funny one. Will you ask for suggestions?

Thanks,
There will be Blur, Roughhouse, Rattler and Black Cats in Series 2. We will also be having member-submitted ideas and designs.

For PayPal, yep, that's the way to go!

Anyone not wanting to use PayPal, PM me.
madtolive

Post by madtolive »

i can't wait to see what krusty comes up with. :oops: you can put me down for some of whatever she designs, it's always crazy fantastic.

psst...how's about some t-shirts and/or patches? will those be in the pipeline as well?
ericalm: "No name calling, please. Maybe he's using truffles and top-grade meats."
AmyNTX

Post by AmyNTX »

Just ordered my 5 :) can't wait!

thanks for making them! I would love some decals! do you make those too?

~Amy
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

AmyNTX wrote:Just ordered my 5 :) can't wait!

thanks for making them! I would love some decals! do you make those too?
No, but I'd like to have some MB decals made. That's part of what the button fund is for!
Peby01

Post by Peby01 »

I just finished placing my order for 5 buttons. I am SO excited about these. I can't wait to show them off............just don't know where to put them....yet!

Thanks Eric!!!
redcass

Post by redcass »

Thanks so much for these, Eric, they're great!

I second the request for decals, I would order some of those too.

I just sent off my order for 10 buttons & magnets.

Yay!

RedCass
RedCass
madtolive

Post by madtolive »

any word on how long itll take for them to arrive? i can't wait to get my order, but you know, no pressure. just wondering. :wink:
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

madtolive wrote:any word on how long itll take for them to arrive? i can't wait to get my order, but you know, no pressure. just wondering. :wink:
They'll probably go out Monday via USPS, so I'm thinking in a week or a little more (from today).
madtolive

Post by madtolive »

sweet. so is there any more buddy merch in the works? these "cards" someone mentioned - would be cool to leave on buddys we spot in the wild. my boyfriend found one at his new jobsite, i've ordered him to scout around and ascertain the identity of its handler, but since he's the new guy there he's being shy about it. a "modernbuddy.com" business card left anonymously would be quite sly...yes...

i, for one, would like modernbuddy tshirts, and coffee mugs, and patches, and and and...toilet seat covers, and bobbleheads, and oven gloves! the possibilities are endles, yesss.....
bjj4287

Post by bjj4287 »

t-shirts FTW
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I've got a lot more stuff in the works, but the buttons were the cheapest and easiest thing to get started. The cards will come next. Bobbleheads, well... that may be a while. :)

Tshirts are really what I'd like to get going, but they're probably the most expensive thing and I'm not sure we have enough members yet to warrant a decent run of needed sizes. If I get the funds to do them, then I may just sell them to members first, then try to sell the rest on consignment at dealers. We shall see! [I prefer to do screened shirts—CafePress, Zazzle, etc. still aren't good enough quality IMHO. If anyone has used these recently and has an opinion on them, PM me!]

ModernVespa used to have a "swag pack" which included buttons, cards, a patch, and a sticker. We might get this together before the shirts. Problem remains that we still have a moderately-sized active membership.
ay pablo

Post by ay pablo »

Thank you! Order submitted!
If driving a Hummer says "my penis is small",
.......then what does riding a scooter say?

I'd rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle.....
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

Modern Buddy do rags?? :mrgreen:
bjj4287

Post by bjj4287 »

if u get some shirts i will buy one forsure
Beamster

Post by Beamster »

Ordered our 5.
Kodos

Post by Kodos »

Very sweet! I'll definitely be ordering some buttons!
scoots4me

Post by scoots4me »

buttons!
CLAP CLAP :clap:
buttons!
CLAP CLAP :clap:

stickers soon!
DANCE DANCE
stickers soon!
DANCE DANCE
gymnation

Post by gymnation »

madtolive wrote:i can't wait to see what krusty comes up with. :oops: you can put me down for some of whatever she designs, it's always crazy fantastic.

psst...how's about some t-shirts and/or patches? will those be in the pipeline as well?
Patches? We don't need no stinkin' patches! Oh, actually patches and T's would be really cool...
Maude Lebowski: What do you do for recreation?
The Dude: Oh, the usual. I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback.
Wafflehaus

Post by Wafflehaus »

looking good. even though i'm not really a button person, I may have to convert for these.
I'm losing my edge, to better-looking people with better ideas.
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

I would buy t-shirts and hoodies... like whoa.
StacyB

Post by StacyB »

Whoo-hoo! Ordered mine!
teacherquinn

Post by teacherquinn »

Very nice! Ordered mine.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

The button factory is in full swing today. We got even more orders than I would have predicted! Yowza! Thanks to all who have ordered so far.
lojical1

Post by lojical1 »

gymnation wrote:
madtolive wrote:i can't wait to see what krusty comes up with. :oops: you can put me down for some of whatever she designs, it's always crazy fantastic.

Patches? We don't need no stinkin' patches! Oh, actually patches and T's would be really cool...
AHAHAHAHA. I loved Troop Beverly Hills. Shelley Long rocks!
"I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive."
-Spike Spiegel

If ur not scared u aint drivin' fast enough .
Mary Jane

Post by Mary Jane »

Put my order in the other day! Too excited -- trying to think of unique places to put my buttons when they arrive........ :wink: :wink:
OScoot!

Whoopee!

Post by OScoot! »

Whoopee! Ordered my 5 buttons and 5 magnets just now!
Thanks a bunch Eric....these were great.

How about MB baseball caps....or something to cover up the "helmet hair" when you're riding your Buddy to the grocery store, etc. and don't want to walk in the store looking like you just stuck your finger in a light socket or dunked your head in a bucket of ??!

I like the do-rag idea mentioned above too.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Hey, folks! Response to the buttons has been great. Thanks to all who have ordered them. I'll probably have the info for member button submissions in the next few days.

Meanwhile, all member orders placed before Sunday are going out with the mail tomorrow! Took me a bit longer to get the first batch done than I'd expected because of the response and some, uh, equipment failure. I never knew what a pain it is to locate and acquire a decent 1.25" circle punch!
AmyNTX

Post by AmyNTX »

woo hoo I can't wait!
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

ericalm wrote:Hey, folks! Response to the buttons has been great. Thanks to all who have ordered them. I'll probably have the info for member button submissions in the next few days.

Meanwhile, all member orders placed before Sunday are going out with the mail tomorrow! Took me a bit longer to get the first batch done than I'd expected because of the response and some, uh, equipment failure. I never knew what a pain it is to locate and acquire a decent 1.25" circle punch!
Is that the real reason??? Isn't it true that your skinny, dirty, sweaty, overworked cousins found out they could be paid better than 1 1/2 moon pies/100 pins and went on strike? C'mon, fess up.

We have ears everywhere!
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

I heard it was only 1 1/4 and they weren't even name brand :shock: !!! Shame on you.
scoots4me

Post by scoots4me »

You pay in MoonPies? Maybe I should move to CA so I can work for you!
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

scoots4me wrote:You pay in MoonPies? Maybe I should move to CA so I can work for you!
Too bad your landlord will not let you pay rent with moonpies... :(
Xena

Post by Xena »

Awesome Eric!

I will look at these tonite with my husband so we can decide which we want...

Since I own a pink buddy that part is fairly obvious...i think the rest will all be magnets for the fridge :)
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Based on sales to date, here are the 5 most popular buttons (from highest to lowest):

#20, "I scoot."
#19, "90+ MPG" (I really thought this would be most popular. It's close.)
#16 & #17 (tie) "Don't call it a moped..." and "It's a Buddy"
#22 Checkered MB mod logo
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

I really like the muticolored "it's a buddy" one... I think it's the cream background. Also, the top sellers should be a given since those are the ones that apply to everyone no matter what color Bud they have.

I no I ordurd me sum uh doze...