Tulsa Riders - June 19

Info on scooter gatherings of all types & sizes

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

OKBubbles

Tulsa Riders - June 19

Post by OKBubbles »

No, it's not an official Juneteenth event :) , but --

The Tulsa World will be covering the Tulsa Scooters Thursday Ride this week for an upcoming article. So, tell your scooter riding friends, and y'all come! You don't have to have purchased your scoot at TS, just come for a fun excuse to ride with other folks.

6:00 pm, Thursday, June 19
Meet at Tulsa Scooters, 15th & Florence
Ride to dinner (on your own $$)

Be there, or be square!
sailortot

Post by sailortot »

thanks for the info. unfortunately i cant make it on thursdays as of now.
potamus

Thursday ride

Post by potamus »

I will be there if my direct deposit is on time! :)
alienmeatsack

Post by alienmeatsack »

I'm planning on being there, assuming it doesn't rain.
Dead Bunny SC | Tumblr: spazscooter | Twitter: @SPAZ_Scooter | Twitter: @DeadBunnySC
email: spazscooter@gmail.com
OKBubbles

Post by OKBubbles »

alienmeatsack wrote:I'm planning on being there, assuming it doesn't rain.
Rain? We don't mind no stinkin' rain!
robtaylor

Post by robtaylor »

first ride i've been on where someone was pulled over on the ride. a guy came from out of nowhere on a little honda 100 dirt bike from the 70's or 80's and started riding with us. he looked like trouble as he appeared to me to be drunk. he rode with us for most of the ride not really paying much attention to his group riding skills. then when we hit some construction, right in front of a sherriff car he went off into the gravel doing some jumps in the construction zone. immediately the cop flashed his lights and pulled the guy over, i was glad when the group didn't really notice and rode on.
Last edited by robtaylor on Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
formerly known as robonz23

www.cannonballbuddy.com
OKBubbles

Post by OKBubbles »

I was up toward the front of the group and, frankly, this guy scared the wadding out of me! He was zipping from front to back of the group, crowding into the stagger, riding while looking back over his shoulder, etc. As we approached the construction zone he was riding the cones like a slalom course. What a jerk. I had already passed the sheriff when he pulled his final stunt, so didn't know exactly what had hapened until we stopped for dinner.

He's exactly the kind of rider who ruins it for everybody else -- and could end up hurting others with his actions.

Other that this twit, the ride was a blast, and I'm looking forward to going again next week.
alienmeatsack

Post by alienmeatsack »

I was talking about the guy elsewhere. It's people like that who give the rest of us a bad name. It's hard enough as it is to keep in group formation and deal with traffic and such without someone crazy tagging along.

But, it was a great ride, great food and company!

On a related but unrelated note, I noticed the article about Rob came out this (few days ago) Sunday and I guess our article will be out next (this coming) Sunday.

I have the article on Rob scanned, but here is the link to it on Tulsa World's site:
http://www.tulsaworld.com/lifestyle/art ... oigu997233
Dead Bunny SC | Tumblr: spazscooter | Twitter: @SPAZ_Scooter | Twitter: @DeadBunnySC
email: spazscooter@gmail.com