What's the deal with the price on this Buddy?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

DennisD

Post by DennisD »

jfrost2 wrote:He sells ventos too, those are some cheap low quality chinese bikes. He probably tells his customers they're made in the USA too.
They are assembled in a factory in Laredo, Texas. Read about Vento here: http://www.vento.com/. They may end up being the next Buddy.

Dennis
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Ah, their motorcycles are chinese, not the scooters.

EDIT: Actually doing some research, they are made in china. Qianjiang makes the parts, and in texas, they just "assemble" them.

http://www.qj-motor.com/Product.asp?Big ... e=Scooters

All these bikes look 100% the same as what vento sells, but vento just rebrands/repaints.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

BuddyRaton wrote:WHY RED IS RED!
I think I have an idea for ModernBuddy buttons, series 2...
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
addictionriot

Post by addictionriot »

Yay for teamwork and never ending questions ;)
sotied

Post by sotied »

Are the scooters red or the buttons?

Why?

I prefer to ask questions.

Jeff
http://www.bowlofcheese.com

and of course, http://www.thingstoworryabout.com
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Christy wrote:
BuddyRaton wrote:Q: This is the most unprofessional listing and Q&A I have ever seen. Are you a dealer or not? Why are you advertising something with so many mistakes? The reason people mistrust the listing is due to these errors, not b/c of the questions others are asking. Get your facts RIGHT before listing an item like this. Bidders Beware!!! Jun-01-08
A: I AM VERY SORRY THAT YOU FIND UNPROFESSIONAL, I JUST GOT VERY ANOYED BY ALL THEESE POPLE E-MAILING ME AND SAYING THAT IT WAS A SCAM, WHEN I AM NOT ASKING FOR MONEY OR ANYTHING FROM THE BUERS I AM JUST SAYING COME TO THE SHOP AND BUY IT FROM THERE, ANYWAY I WILL END THE LISTING BECAUSE YOU ARE RIGHT IT HAS A LOT OF ERRORS. I LISTED THE SCOOTERS FOR MY FRIEND, THAT IS SCOOTER DELAER FOR; (GENUINE SCOOTER), (VENTO) AND OTHER BRANDS THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT, I WILL INFORM MY SELF BETTER AND THEN I WILL LIST THE ITEM AGAIN THANKS LEO 718-612-2010

MISSION ACOMPLISHED!!!! (and not like Georgeie!)

On the bright side...this thread has put me over 400 posts!

WHY RED IS RED!

WOOHOO!!! I had to work this morning so I didn't get his emailed response until I got home (just now).

yep, that was me asking this question to him. LOL

:p

I love it when team work comes together!
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
kmetta

Post by kmetta »

I AM SOOOOO Glad!

that i went back and read this.

so much fun.

i wish i hadn't missed this.
addictionriot

Post by addictionriot »

I love how its now in the MB Glossary :lol: because eric rocks ;)
"Why Red Is Red?": expression 1. Modern Buddy's first catch phrase, which has the tenuous meaning of "Why are things the way they are?" It can also be used to imply someone is asking too many questions or to divert a discussion which the speaker (writer) feels has become repetitive or tedious. When used, the expression is often colored red, bold and in large text. The origin of the expression is a thread about a suspicious Buddy sale on eBay. Modern Buddy members and other assaulted the seller with questions, often receiving inadequate responses. This led to this exchange:
Quote:
Q: Why is Fran-Mar Collision NOT LISTED as an authorized dealer on Genuine's web site?
A: Why red Is red !

My 200th post! yipeeeee
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

addictionriot wrote:I love how its now in the MB Glossary :lol: because eric rocks ;)
Thank yew, thank yew.

Just noticed a typo in that one, too. :)
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
runtotorun121

Post by runtotorun121 »

addictionriot wrote:I love how its now in the MB Glossary
"Why Red Is Red?": expression 1. Modern Buddy's first catch phrase, which has the tenuous meaning of "Why are things the way they are?" It can also be used to imply someone is asking too many questions or to divert a discussion which the speaker (writer) feels has become repetitive or tedious. When used, the expression is often colored red, bold and in large text. The origin of the expression is a thread about a suspicious Buddy sale on eBay. Modern Buddy members and other assaulted the seller with questions, often receiving inadequate responses. This led to this exchange:
Quote:
Q: Why is Fran-Mar Collision NOT LISTED as an authorized dealer on Genuine's web site?
A: Why red Is red !
:lol: That is just the best! "Why red is red" now has it's own definition!

I am lobbying soon for "My starter is going bald?" as a second cousin to "Why red is red".
~Celebrate~