My Buddy Died...help!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

apierce

My Buddy Died...help!

Post by apierce »

I was driving my buddy for about a half hour or so. I was almost home and she died on me. I turned her off, sat a minute, and turned her back on and she started fine. My fuel gauge is right above the red area. Do you guys have any answers as to why it died on me and any suggestions on what to do??? Do I need to have the dealer fix something on it???? Please help.
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Either a simple case of bad gas and it just couldnt keep running because of the whole bad chain reaction, or some vapor lock. If it happens again, talk to your dealer about possibilities and fixes. I had a similar problem once also, just turned to be bad gas at the bottom of the tank when I was almost empty.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

No answers, but a bunch of questions:
What model and year Buddy do you have? How many miles on it?

Have you put gas in it since it died? How much?

Did it die at a stop or while running?
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Were you on a hill? If you don't have much gas left, and you're on a hill, it could have not been enough to reach the fuel tap, then when you leveled out it was OK.

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.