twoscoots...
so the old truck is #1 - the truck in front of it is #2
Where is truck #3?
twoscoots

Post by twoscoots »

ScootLemont wrote:twoscoots...
so the old truck is #1 - the truck in front of it is #2
Where is truck #3?
It's parked on the far side of the antique piece. You can see some of the striping and the turntable for the aerial ladder just to the right of the sign sitting on the old piece.
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

twoscoots wrote: It's parked on the far side of the antique piece. You can see some of the striping and the turntable for the aerial ladder just to the right of the sign sitting on the old piece.
got it... 3 points - thanks
sailortot

Post by sailortot »

here is my entry...(i realize that we are only to submit one photo, but i had to prove there were this many firetrucks. plus they turned on the lights and that was exciting).

six trucks in the first picture(you can tell where some are better by the next picture if you dont believe me)= 6 pts
four firemen= 4 pts
=10 pts

i score extra points for the lights and sirens, right?

they asked if i wanted to put my scooter on the lift on front of the firetruck, but i told them that it was not necessary.
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

sailortot wrote:here is my entry...(i realize that we are only to submit one photo, but i had to prove there were this many firetrucks. plus they turned on the lights and that was exciting).
six trucks in the first picture(you can tell where some are better by the next picture if you dont believe me)= 6 pts
four firemen= 4 pts
=10 pts
i score extra points for the lights and sirens, right?
And we have a new point leader!
in the first pic you can just make out the farthest truck... so yes 10 points
NICE PIC!
(for the record, we are not counting things in the additional pics, that you cant see in the first pic (all the trucks are in the 1st pic) just in case this issue comes up with other scavenger hunt subjects.

And thanks to everyone who has PM'd me the suggestions so far (keep them coming - but dont post them up here so no one can can get a head start)
We have some really fun suggestions for the rest of the summer.
Syd

Post by Syd »

I rode up on a brush fire today, but it was getting dark, so I'm not sure I will be able to lighten the picture I took up enough to see the trucks and firemen.

Fingers crossed!
The majority is always sane - Nessus
OScoot!

Post by OScoot! »

[(for the record, we are not counting things in the additional pics, that you cant see in the first pic (all the trucks are in the 1st pic) just in case this issue comes up with other scavenger hunt subjects.

Hey....not that I'm a sore loser or anything (grin)....but how the heck do you see a 6th truck in this photo? Count the bay openings. The 6th truck would have to be the first bay to the left of the one that is closed. And if you can see a truck in that bay you gotta have Xray vision. 1 bay 1 truck. I count 5. Show me the 6th truck!
robtaylor

Post by robtaylor »

i count six but one looks like an ambulance
formerly known as robonz23

www.cannonballbuddy.com
Dan Buddy

Post by Dan Buddy »

Any Buddy riders in Appleton WI? Pierce manufacturing has a plant that makes fire trucks there! The last time I drove by there were 20-30 fire trucks sitting in front of the facility. Wish I would have remember that last weekend, don’t have the time to run down there today. :cry:
brape

Post by brape »

How many points for a fire boat?

close up the boat to prove its a fire boat

Or if that doesn't count how about this :-P (It was hanging around the bike shop, and I really couldn't resist the photo op)

I would also like to add that our fire departments are all volunteer, which means no one is around, and this is the best I could come up with.
sailortot

Post by sailortot »

count the bays. six. and they are all occupied.
furthermore, look at the front of the last truck on the left you can see plainly. it has a flat front. you see the farthest truck through the window area and it has a semi-style front.
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

bustoc wrote:Hey....not that I'm a sore loser or anything (grin)....but how the heck do you see a 6th truck in this photo? Count the bay openings. The 6th truck would have to be the first bay to the left of the one that is closed. And if you can see a truck in that bay you gotta have Xray vision. 1 bay 1 truck. I count 5. Show me the 6th truck!
There are 6 bays in the pic - you can see the front of the farthest truck through the closed door of bay #2 - Its a streach, but I am trying to give everyone the benifit of the doubt.
FYI - the point totals will be added to all summer... so one point here wont make a big difference over the next 13 weeks (hopefully)

I do have a question about the white truck....
Sailortot - is that a fire truck or an ambulance?
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

brape wrote:How many points for a fire boat?
well... it was supposed to be fire TRUCKS - but that is too cool not to count
so you get a point - nice catch & thanks for playing along
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

I just got this back from Natalia in the lab over at CSI-MB
Clear evidence....
at CSI-MB we never close....
[puts sunglasses on & walks away]
[cue the music]
baaaa ba ba - baaaaa ba ba - we dont get fooled again.... dont get fooled again... no no
[fade to comercial]

Last edited by ScootLemont on Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
runtotorun121

Post by runtotorun121 »

When do we find out what our object is for this week?

I have resigned myself to the fact that I won't get the first-post point any week because I just can't bring myself to dart out just for a photo and then drag myself back to the house and computer while we are riding around enjoying the fresh air and sunshine. So I will be anticipating this week's hunting, but don't 'spect to see no photo until Sunday night or Monday after we have stabled the beasts. :)
~Celebrate~
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

runtotorun121 wrote:When do we find out what our object is for this week?
I plan on always posting it up on Fridays - hopefully before noon (CST) (depending on how busy I am with work stuff)
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Well, got it in just in time... I was having the same problem as brape (all volunteer), there was nobody there! Oh well, I won't let that get me down, I'll take my 3 points for now...

PLUS BONUS PICS! I know only the first one counts, but I couldn't resist.
That's my nephew, he LOVES THE BUD!!!

Image Image

BRING ON NEXT WEEK!!!
brape

Post by brape »

Oh my got thats adorable.
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

Krusty, you should go to the Naval Air Station… they must have a pretty big fire department, and I bet you could wrangle up at least 15-20 Navy Boys that are Firemen. My friend is a officer stationed there…
sailortot

Post by sailortot »

ScootLemont wrote: I do have a question about the white truck....
Sailortot - is that a fire truck or an ambulance?
i had the same question when i was there because it looks like an ambulance to me but it has red stripes and not orange, so i asked them and they just told me it was another department vehicle that responds on the scene with equipment. beyond that...i dont know.
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

Five points if I do my math right.

And the shots showing what is in each bay:

BTW, it's 8:07 p.m. central time ...
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

MikieTaps wrote:Krusty, you should go to the Naval Air Station… they must have a pretty big fire department, and I bet you could wrangle up at least 15-20 Navy Boys that are Firemen.
That would've been good. I didn't think of that... It was kinda spur-of-the-moment on the way to the store. My nephew Walter really liked sticking his hands in the horn holes and playing peek-a-boo with the reflection on the chrome bumper. Sorry, not scooter related, he's just so dang cute!

OKAY NO MORE PHOTOS FROM ME!!!
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

KRUSTYburger wrote:really liked sticking his hands in the horn holes and playing peek-a-boo

:shock:
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Orange Guy wrote: :shock:
What's THAT supposed to mean?!
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

KRUSTYburger wrote:What's THAT supposed to mean?!
I just found that particular part of the sentence entertaining. Taken out of context ... well, you get the idea.
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

Orange Guy wrote:Five points if I do my math right.
wow... these are barely visible through the doors... but the CSI-MB lab says they are visible in the first photo... so yes... 5 points for you.
Nice job & thanks for playing.

Next week's subject should not be as hard to get a clear photo of (but I bet some of you will find ways to push the edge of a point tally that I have not thought of)

Tune in Tomorrow (Friday) for the next scavenger hunt photo subject (and point totals from this week)
sailortot

Post by sailortot »

krusty, the nephew pics are really adorable.

kid= more cuteness than firemen.
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

Ok... week one is closed
Here are the point totals
Dont miss the video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2TF5u0YhZ4

Last edited by ScootLemont on Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

Scooter Photo Scavenger Hunt Week 2
June 6th-12th
Subject – BASEBALL PARK/FIELD/STADIUM

Your scooter & any baseball park/field/stadium = 1pt
+2pts if it is during a game (and you can tell that from the one submitted photo)
+5pts if it is a professional minor league park (include the name of the field, team & city, or a link to their website for confirmation)
+10pts if it is a Major League Baseball Park (again, please include the name of the park)
+1 pt for each baseball player, IN UNIFORM, POSING with your scoot (not just walking past or playing in the background)
+5pts for a team mascot in costume, posing with your scooter (thanks Krusty)
+10 pts for each major league player (current or retired, in or out of uniform) posing with your scoot. (Include a name & no faking it!)
+1 pt for being first in (sorry I forgot that & added it Saturday)

Just to clarify… these are all bonus points (this initial photo with any baseball field is one point) A photo of your scooter in front of Dodger Stadium with Takashi Saito = 21 points.
A photo at a little league field, with 12 little leaguers, in uniform, posing with your scoot, during a game = 15 points.

Before it comes up…. No soccer games, no softball games, no photos of the frozen tundra of Curly Lambeau field… BASEBALL. (Besides I am saving the football stadiums for the first week in January)

EVERYONE is still welcome to join in (if you played the first week or not). We have 13 more weeks so everyone will have a chance to catch up if you are behind in points)

I will be away on vacation starting Monday… but I will be checking in via my BlackBerry.
Good luck, have fun & ride safe.
Last edited by ScootLemont on Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

Good ALL Summer - 10 BONUS POINTS for a photo of you getting a ticket (photo must include your scooter & a cop writing the ticket) Only one of these may be submitted per player. (thanks to kazoo for the suggestion)
Just post it up whenever you are (un)lucky enough to buy a ticket
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

What about bonus point for the team mascot? 8)
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

KRUSTYburger wrote:What about bonus point for the team mascot? 8)
Good Idea... I will add that right now.
+5pts for a team mascot in costume, posing with your scooter
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Heater from the dayton dragons.

:D

Defiantly not fake :roll:
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

maybe someone should start up a photoshop thread
toddrw2251

Post by toddrw2251 »

We could do a fake scooter tag like they have on Modern Vespa. :lol:
Werd, Yo! I'm Rusty.
sailortot

Post by sailortot »

question...how do you suppose we get a picture during the game with the team?
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

If it is just a game at a local park, not pro, you could get a pic of that. Well, the team couldn't pose with you, but they could be in the background.

Now I'm wondering how many points we could get if we ride our scoot across the field during the game?! :twisted:
MarsR

Post by MarsR »

KRUSTYburger wrote:If it is just a game at a local park, not pro, you could get a pic of that. Well, the team couldn't pose with you, but they could be in the background.

Now I'm wondering how many points we could get if we ride our scoot across the field during the game?! :twisted:
I guess you could get a pic of a cop writing you a ticket on the field...

Get the team members to pose before or after the game with the stadium full of people to prove that it's not just during practice?
MB#1749 RBC#8

"I have GOT to get me one of THESE!"
--Captain Steven Hiller (Will Smith), Independence Day
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

sailortot wrote:question...how do you suppose we get a picture during the game with the team?
Well... at little league games, one game is typically after another... so while one game is being played... there are usually two teams standing around waiting to play or that just got done playing.... so I bet this would not be that hard to get.
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

MarsR wrote:Get the team members to pose before or after the game with the stadium full of people to prove that it's not just during practice?
At that point a game would not be going on so you wouldnt get the point for during a game... but you could get a lot of points for players.
OScoot!

Post by OScoot! »

Ok...so The Richmond Braves are going to leave Richmond and go to Atlanta...but they're still on the marqee and I'm not sure they're officially gone......and it's still a minor league field. And I'm the first photo again. Do I get an extra point for being first?

Hey, if I find a little league game this weekend, can we replace our photos? Or is the first photo, the one you go with?

Edited Saturday:
Oh, and I checked, the Braves are still here and playing games. Their schedule is online at www.rbraves.com
Last edited by OScoot! on Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
sailortot

Post by sailortot »

nice picture! i believe in the original rules it does state that you can replace your picture as long as its still within the timeframe.
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

ummm... is that a giant, drinking a beer in the supports of the stadium?? :shock:
aerogirl7

Post by aerogirl7 »

MikieTaps wrote:ummm... is that a giant, drinking a beer in the supports of the stadium?? :shock:
That creeped me out a little too
At midnight, I'll turn into a pumpkin and drive away in my glass slipper. ~Roman Holiday
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

bustoc wrote:Ok...so The Richmond Braves are going to leave Richmond and go to Atlanta...but they're still on the marqee and I'm not sure they're officially gone......and it's still a minor league field. And I'm the first photo again. Do I get an extra point for being first?
Hey, if I find a little league game this weekend, can we replace our photos? Or is the first photo, the one you go with?
Nice pic
yes... you get the extra point for being first in.
yes... you can replace your photo (but you loose the first in point if someone else posts up before you new one) just edit your first post & mention that you have "re-submitted" your new pic.... but leave this up, its a great pic.
7 Points! (photo=1pt + 5pts for minor league + 1pt for first in)
OScoot!

Post by OScoot! »

MikieTaps wrote:ummm... is that a giant, drinking a beer in the supports of the stadium?? :shock:

No, it's a "Brave".....as in Indian Brave! And I think he's holding a tomahawk.
Attachments
Brave.JPG
Brave.JPG (56.78 KiB) Viewed 2348 times
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

And just in case anyone missed the link to the video of last week's pics...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2TF5u0YhZ4
twoscoots

Post by twoscoots »

bustoc, I'm just going to follow you around town (although this photo was actually taken at 11am on Friday). I'm also working today with one of the guys in your FD photo so I got to show him he was famous. :D
toddrw2251

Post by toddrw2251 »

So I was out grabing a local scooter tag today and what did I drive past... a building on fire with 4 fire trucks out front. So close...So close.
Werd, Yo! I'm Rusty.
OScoot!

Post by OScoot! »

twoscoots wrote:bustoc, I'm just going to follow you around town (although this photo was actually taken at 11am on Friday). I'm also working today with one of the guys in your FD photo so I got to show him he was famous. :D
Hey cool. I actually ran by the Diamond on my way home from work Friday and then posted it when I got home. You should'a beat me to the punch! BTW, who was the fireman? Did you work at the Strawberry Faire today? I was up there too on Pink. I was gonna send the guys at the FD a link to the photos, but I couldn't find a website or email address for them. Hey, maybe we could team up and get more points if we could get TWO scoots in the same pictures????????? :idea: :wink: