Scooter Photo Scavenger Hunt! week 1 & 2

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ScootLemont

Scooter Photo Scavenger Hunt! week 1 & 2

Post by ScootLemont »

Scooter Photo Scavenger Hunt!

First off? I am hoping that Eric or one of the other moderators will run this. (If not, I can do it, but I am not, in any way, anything official on this board & have only been a scooterist for a couple months so I would be happy to turn this over to one of our veterans) EDIT: Eric is cool with me coordinating this so I will
If anyone has any suggestions for photo subjects or on how to make this more fun, please post up or PM me.

What is it?
Every Friday a new photo subject will be posted in this thread & it will be your job to go get a photo of your scooter with that subject.

When is it?
It was started May 30th & hopefully will run it all summer, finishing up Labor Day weekend ? that will give us 14 photos to get (one per week) (If only 25 people participate, we should end up with over 300 photos!)

Who?
EVERYONE is encouraged to participate ? the more the better ? some subjects will be easy & some will be more difficult ? some might be impossible for some people ? but do your best & participate when you can. (I will try to do a subject that everyone can do with bonus points for additional features)
Dont worry if you didnt get in at the start... just jump in anytime!

Rules (so far? post up or PM me if you think we should change them)
-A new photo subject added every Friday. Participants will have until the following Thursday to post their pic.
-Only one photo may be submitted by each member for each week?s subject. (but if you get a better pic later in the week, you can edit your original post & REPLACE your original pic with the better one, as long as it is up by Thursday)
-Old photos you have laying around can NOT be used- they must be NEW photos taken the week the photo subject was posted (we will just have to trust each other, play nice)
-PhotoShop submissions will result in negative points :roll:
-Points may or may not be awarded (we can see how it goes & how competitive everyone wants to get with this) and points may vary each week with the difficulty of the photo subject.
Prize ? sure? if we can figure out a way to do that, but the real prize will be bragging rights & all the fun we all had all summer.

EDIT: good all summer - 10 BONUS POINTS for a photo of you getting a ticket (photo must include your scooter & a cop writing the ticket) Only one of these may be submitted per player. (thanks to kazoo for the suggestion)
Last edited by ScootLemont on Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:05 am, edited 12 times in total.
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

Scooter Photo Scavenger Hunt Week One
May 30th-June 5th
Subject: Scooter with a Fire Truck

Lets start with an easy one that everyone should be able to get!

Points will be awarded as follows:
Your scooter with a Fire Truck = 1pt
+1 point for each additional Fire Truck in the photo
+1 point for each fireman in the photo
+1 point for the first (real) photo submitted
+5 points if the photo features a fire truck in use putting out something on fire (I do NOT recommend starting your neighbor’s house on fire just so you can get the 5 bonus points)
Remember – If you are going to ask firemen to pose with your scooter, you need to tell them the photo will be posted on the internet & have their permission to do so.

Please total your own points & include your total in your post with your photo.

We are off and running! Let’s see those pics of scooters with Fire Trucks
All submissions must be posted by JUNE 5th at midnight (in your own time zone)
Last edited by ScootLemont on Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
BadBrains

Post by BadBrains »

Brilliant! Now I just need to find the camera I lost... :nerd:
Pita1963

Post by Pita1963 »

HHhmmm..... There's a fire station about 3 blocks form my house and they are always at the neighborhood grocery store.... this one shouldn't be too hard

Robb

:nerd:
The answer is : 42
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

I win!

BadBrains

Post by BadBrains »

No, I win!!!
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

Ok... thats -3 points for each of you for cheating :lol:
Howardr

Post by Howardr »

Okay, I have the picture. How do I post it?

Howard
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

First... make sure its not more than 600 or 700 pixels wide
Then click POST REPLY (like you just did)
scroll down... ther is a section called add an attachment"
click browse & find your photo on your PC
The click "Add Attachments"
Then click submit
that is the easy way... but you only have so much space on this forum so a lot of people post of photos on flickr & other sites & then just link to them (see Eric's post below)
http://www.photobucket.com seems to be a popular place to host photos to use in this board
Last edited by ScootLemont on Sat May 31, 2008 12:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Preferred way of posting an image:

You'll need to use a free (or other) image hosting service such as Flickr, Photobucket, even .Mac.

Link to an image stored on a publicly accessible web server, e.g. http://www.some-unknown-place.net/my-picture.gif. Image links must end with an acceptable image file extension: .gif, .jpg, .png. When posting an image hosted on Flickr, the URL will frequently end in "?v=0" or something similar. To post the image, just remove that bit from the URL so the name ends in ".jpg". You cannot link to pictures stored on your own PC (unless it is a publicly accessible server) nor to images stored behind authentication mechanisms such as Hotmail or Yahoo mailboxes, password-protected sites, etc. To display the image use the BBCode [img] tag (if allowed). BBCode example:

Code: Select all

[img]http://www.service.com/imagename.jpg[/img]
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
brape

Post by brape »

I went by the firehouse today while they where emptying the hoses (On my bicycle) I missed my golden opportunity. This is a very cool idea and it screams for a flickr group.
Lagerhead

Post by Lagerhead »

Most awesome, I love games. Thanks ScootLemont! :)
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

brape wrote:I went by the firehouse today while they where emptying the hoses (On my bicycle) I missed my golden opportunity. This is a very cool idea and it screams for a flickr group.
I already run the Buddy Flickr group. Maybe I can figure out how to incorporate this.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
brape

Post by brape »

ericalm wrote:
brape wrote:I went by the firehouse today while they where emptying the hoses (On my bicycle) I missed my golden opportunity. This is a very cool idea and it screams for a flickr group.
I already run the Buddy Flickr group. Maybe I can figure out how to incorporate this.
Someone could just make a modern buddy scavenger hunt group too. I was thinking when I read this that it was screaming for a flickr group.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

brape wrote:
ericalm wrote:
Someone could just make a modern buddy scavenger hunt group too. I was thinking when I read this that it was screaming for a flickr group.
Yeah... but since it's organized here, it would still be good to have the photos crossposted here. Whatever works!
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

ScootLemont wrote:All submissions must be posted by May 5th at midnight (in your own time zone)
I think you mean JUNE 5th? Otherwise we're all disqualified!!! :lol:

Anyways, great idea, can't wait to see everyone's pics!
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

whoops!
Ok... I fixed it - thanks
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

Ok... I am starting it out with my pic
1 Point (I am not taking the point for 1st post since the subject was my idea)
OScoot!

Whooo Hoooo 8 points!!

Post by OScoot! »

Whoooo Hooooo! 8 points or is it 9 points??? :lol:

From Ashland, VA aka "The Center of the Universe"

4 firemen + 4 firetrucks + Lil Pink = 8 points + 1 point for first "real" photo????? Total of 9 points???

The last firetruck is way back in the right bay.....it's dark, but it's there!!!

Here's a link to a bigger photo!

http://bustoc.home.comcast.net/~bustoc/ ... 0Hunt1.jpg

Last edited by OScoot! on Sat May 31, 2008 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ScootLemont

Re: Whooo Hoooo 8 points!!

Post by ScootLemont »

bustoc wrote:Whoooo Hooooo! 8 points :lol:
NICE SCORE!
And yes... I see the other truck.
runtotorun121

Post by runtotorun121 »

I got a couple of photos today with two trucks, but the firemen were eating their supper so I didn't think it would be nice to suggest they all get up from the table to pose with Buddina :? so I thought I would wait and see if I can snag a warm firebody or two later to post before the deadline!

I think this is great fun to have something to do like this each weekend. Thanks, and I can't wait to see what all the other scavenger items will be! :D
~Celebrate~
ryder1

Post by ryder1 »

bustoc...I'd say you got one hot pink Buddy...nice photo! :)
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

runtotorun121 wrote:I got a couple of photos today with two trucks, but the firemen were eating their supper so I didn't think it would be nice to suggest they all get up from the table to pose with Buddina :? so I thought I would wait and see if I can snag a warm firebody or two later to post before the deadline! :D
Glad you are enjoying it so far.... go ahead and post up your pic from today & if you get a better one by Thursday, just edit your post & replace your pic (and point totals) with the new one.
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

No pics yet from me... However, on our ride today we passed an actual forest fire that had just started and while we were stopped at the gas station we saw a couple firetrucks pass by. I was thinking the whole time I should totally go back there and get that shot... BUT I was not the only person and it would've been inconsiderate, so I didn't. :roll:

What are the odds?!
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

KRUSTYburger wrote: I was thinking the whole time I should totally go back there and get that shot... BUT I was not the only person and it would've been inconsiderate, so I didn't. :roll:
What are the odds?!
ok... so you are considerate... but it COST YOU 5 POINTS!

Looking forward to your pics.

.... and something tells me the girls will have an easier time getting the firemen to pose with their scooters!
Ronin

Post by Ronin »

ScootLemont wrote:.... and something tells me the girls will have an easier time getting the firemen to pose with their scooters!
This makes a great case for all-women fire stations!! Gives us guys a fighting chance :P
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

I think there may be some controversy in this picture... ie... do ambulances count? do fire CARS count? and do Fire Yukons count?

3 Fire Trucks, the one outside and 2 inside the doors,
2 "Trucks" Suburban and Yukon
1 Car
1 Ambulance

there was also a ladder truck on the street, but i was using my cell phone and it was the seattle waterfront so there were a ton of cars, and a fire boat behind the station but it wouldnt fit in the picture either.... :?
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

Seattles Bravest

ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

MikieTaps wrote:I think there may be some controversy in this picture... ie... do ambulances count? do fire CARS count? and do Fire Yukons count?
3 Fire Trucks, the one outside and 2 inside the doors,
2 "Trucks" Suburban and Yukon
1 Car
1 Ambulance
Ok.. I say the ambulance does not (its an ambulance not a fire truck)
The car does not (not a truck)
but the subruban & yukon do so thats 5 points
does that work for you?
(although I am having a hard time seeing the other truck inside... we will give you the benifit of the doubt)
Nice Entry!
ScootLemont

Re: Whooo Hoooo 8 points!!

Post by ScootLemont »

bustoc wrote: + 1 point for first "real" photo????? Total of 9 points???
Yes... you get the point for being first in - so you are in the lead with 9pts.
runtotorun121

Post by runtotorun121 »

Okay, here is my photo! :D I have three trucks in here and six firemen. . .unless you count the little fireperson in the big firejacket. :lol: So that is nine points (or ten with the little firewoman :wink: )

We had to take this far enough away to capture all three trucks, but, yes, they are all smiling with Buddina. :) My husband took a nice close up with the firemen, Buddina, and me, but you can't see all three trucks so this is my one to post, and the other one is my souvenir.

And thanks again! What a fun thing to do this weekend while we were riding.

~Celebrate~
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

runtotorun121 wrote:unless you count the little fireperson in the big firejacket. :lol: So that is nine points (or ten with the little firewoman
Well... I doubt the little girl is a certified firefighter so we cant count her... so that is 9 points and you are tied for 1st place!
Nice job
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

Only 4 1/2 days left!
Get your entry in by Thursday at midnight - come on... I know more of you have firetrucks in your towns :) EVERYONE is invited to play along
audrey

Post by audrey »

ScootLemont wrote:EVERYONE is invited to play along
That actually have their scooter. :cry:
The waiting for my buddy is killing me. Ok, sorry about that.

The scavenger hunt is a great idea ScootLemont. Thanks for posting and everyone joining in. Hopefully I can join in soon enough.

-Audrey
runtotorun121

Post by runtotorun121 »

audrey,
Buddina says you can share our points with us until your adoptee makes it home. :)

Hope it's not too much longer for you to have to wait!
~Celebrate~
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

Well... hopefully some more people will play along & we will have 13 more weeks of this... so you can join in as soon as you get it (hopefully soon)

If anyone has suggestions for photo subjects for the scavenger hunt, please PM me -

I do have a few more ideas... but not 13 more!
jsprandel

Picture Scavenger Hunt - Fire Engines

Post by jsprandel »

I just bought my Buddy today after researching it on this post. There's a lot of useful information here!

My Buddy only has 13 miles on her, so we're getting acquainted today.

Anyway, here's my entry unless I can find a better photo-opp before Thursday.

Two engines (ones pointed out the other side of the station) and two firemen. 4 points?
Attachments
Buddy&Firemen.JPG
Buddy&Firemen.JPG (68.2 KiB) Viewed 4247 times
ScootLemont

Re: Picture Scavenger Hunt - Fire Engines

Post by ScootLemont »

jsprandel wrote:Two engines (ones pointed out the other side of the station) and two firemen. 4 points?
Yep... 4 points & welcome to the wonderful world of scooter ownership! Have fun
Dan Buddy

Post by Dan Buddy »

Sharp looking ride though but you need to wash those whitewalls, they still look blue.
SScooterG

Post by SScooterG »

ARE THOSE BLUEWALLS??
bjj4287

Post by bjj4287 »

welcome to the pamplona family
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Someone forgot to remove the vinyl on their tires. :wink:

They come with blue plastic to protect the white wall area, you have to peel them off.
jsprandel

Scooter Photo Scavenger Hunt!

Post by jsprandel »

Aargh! After posting my picture, I screwed up and left my camera on my desk when I went for my first ride with my new scooter (guess I was just too excited to remember the camera). And wouldn't you know it - I came across a 12 point photo-opp. Two fire engines and ten firemen responding to an emergency (car accident - not a fire - it didn't look like anyone was severely injured, though......). I positioned my scooter but when I went for the camera...... it wasn't there..... :cry:

Yep, those are bluewalls! My scooter got her first look at the world today and hasn't even had her first bath. Don't worry though, it rained at the end of the ride and we both got a bath - her blue walls are very white now....... :D
mandyscoots

Post by mandyscoots »

this is freakin awesome

undoable for this week but I am looking forward to next week!

Buddy owners are so cool. :D
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

Only one day left to get in your pics of your scooter with a fire truck!
(this week's subject will be closed Thursday at midnight & a new subject will be posted up Friday)

Glad people are enjoying this so far - hope more people come and play with us next week.
twoscoots

Post by twoscoots »

Well, it's all downhill from here for me, I guess.

(That would be three fire trucks, including the eighty-six-year-old water tower. And does it count if a firefighter is *taking* the picture?)
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

sorry but the fireman has to be IN the photo.... so I only see 2 trucks... where is the 3rd? "watertower?"
Is the "watertower" the old truck?
Nice job being the only scooter actually IN a fire station!
aerogirl7

Post by aerogirl7 »

Here's my contribution. That is my lab mate in the pic. Four firemen + 2 firetrucks = 6 points. For what it's worth, the very nice firemen offered to start a trashcan fire to up our points... :shock: lol
Extra points for the aerial response unit (truck on the left)??
Attachments
AndreaScooter crop.jpg
AndreaScooter crop.jpg (128.43 KiB) Viewed 4223 times
At midnight, I'll turn into a pumpkin and drive away in my glass slipper. ~Roman Holiday
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

6 points - nice job aerogirl
this is getting fun - thanks for playing along
Last edited by ScootLemont on Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
twoscoots

Post by twoscoots »

ScootLemont wrote:sorry but the fireman has to be IN the photo.... so I only see 2 trucks... where is the 3rd? "watertower?"
Is the "watertower" the old truck?
Nice job being the only scooter actually IN a fire station!
...but my arms aren't long enough, and there's no timer on my camera phone :cry: Yes, the water tower is the old one. The scooter is inside because I was using the antique piece as a table while I put the rear rack on it today.