Scooter Photo Scavenger Hunt! week 1 & 2

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

bustoc wrote: Hey, maybe we could team up and get more points if we could get TWO scoots in the same pictures????????? :idea: :wink:
It's in the works & thats all I am saying....:shhh:
Stay tuned
twoscoots

Post by twoscoots »

He vollies up there. I showed him on his own computer, so he knows where to look!
If we can find someone to watch the kids, we can get three scoots in a pic, although it would be a rather painful color combination. :shock:
brape

Post by brape »

Hopefully I can find a game later in the week and get some cute kids to pose with my buddy.
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

Ok... here are the totals, so far, for this week:
Brape 3pts (1pt for the pic at the field +2 for during a game)
twoscoots 6pts (1pt for the pic + 5 for the minor league park)
OScoot! 7 Points! (photo=1pt + 5pts for minor league + 1pt for first in)

did I miss something... did oScoot! change screen names from bustoc?

Remember to post up your point totals when you submit your pic (so I dont have to do all the 1st grade math :cry: )
OScoot!

Post by OScoot! »

did I miss something... did oScoot! change screen names from bustoc?
Yes....I just got ericalm to change my username to OScoot! so it now matches my license plate!

pm'd you with the news, but guess you haven't gotten it yet.
Sorry for any confusion!
sailortot

Post by sailortot »

sooooo close to getting a picture with the mascot. i spoke with the guys working outside the field and the kept trying to round up "hornsby." apparently he was on his way but never showed :cry: . hell...they even let me drive my scoot to the closed off area in front of the ticket gates.

anyhow...this is the best im going to get for now. ill give it another shot later this week.

photo sumbitted. tulsa drillers stadium. during a game tonight. = 8 pts

sotied

Post by sotied »

Not even close to first in. Didn't notice that the posting was a bunch of pages deep.

Here's my deal. Photo was taken today of a little-league field with TWO games going on, 14 players on each team.

Photo was taken by my cell-phone so it's not super clear, but I've counted all the players.

SO...

One point for EACH stadium = 2

During a game on each field = 4

Not pros, minor or major = 0

Players are waving at the fence to be in the photo, but their coach wouldn't let them come around and be with the scoot. I figure their intent was to be in the photo. 12 kids = 12

TOTAL = 18 points.

Would have gotten you the PawSox on Monday night, but it's hard to prove that a game is happening when the walls of every stadium are too high to see in.

OH - photo is at http://jeffcutler.tumblr.com/ and I can email it to someone here if you want.
Attachments
BuddyBaseball.jpg
BuddyBaseball.jpg (45.04 KiB) Viewed 1517 times
Jeff • #2163
Scooter Photo Scavenger Hunter (see Gallery!)
http://www.jeffcutler.com
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

sotied wrote: One point for EACH stadium = 2
During a game on each field = 4
Players are waving at the fence to be in the photo, but their coach wouldn't let them come around and be with the scoot. I figure their intent was to be in the photo. 12 kids = 12
TOTAL = 18 points.
First: THANKS for playing along - its a great pic!

Ok... I just want to be fair...

Your scooter & any baseball park/field/stadium = 1pt
(we didnt have points for multiple fields... sorry only 1 pt)
+2pts if it is during a game (and you can tell that from the one submitted photo)
Yes... but you only get to count the one game (it wasnt 2 points for each game) 2pt
+1 pt for each baseball player, IN UNIFORM, POSING with your scoot (not just walking past or playing in the background)
This is a hard one... yeah some of the players are waving but I dont think that is "posing with your scooter"
I realy dont want to be a hard ass, but I do want to be fair to everyone...
What does everyone else think?
Are they "posing with the scooter"?
- please chime in with your opinion here or PM me.
Thanks!

FYI - I will do my best to make next weeks rules as specific as possiable - I dont want to make this like filling out a tax form (that will take all the fun out of it), but I dont want anyone to get upset becasue someone streaches the intent of the rules.
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

I'd count the 12 that are actually looking at the camera and in uniform... I think that's fair enough. They're *sort of* posing.
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

ok.. a question has been raised about sailortot's pic
+2pts if it is during a game (and you can tell that from the one submitted photo)

In the pic you can see the last gate is open with a guy working it... so I think that shows there is a game going on (+ I checked their schedule on thier website for confirmation)

for the sotied issue... I will leave it up to those of us who are playing...
PM me or post up & let me know how many points that pic should be scored.

I am happy to hand out points like candy, I just dont want anyone to feel cheated that goes out of their way to get a good pic.
(and sotied DID get a good pic)
In reguards to "posing with the scooter" - in my mind it was kids, standing around the scooter smiling for the camera - but that is not exactly what I said.

Reguardless, I love all the pics & I will add these to the video next week when I am back from vacation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2TF5u0YhZ4

FYI - Krusty will be posting up next weeks scavenger hunt subject on Friday for me. I will post up the points update, from this week, on 17th or 18th when I am back from seeing the mouse in Orlando.

Thanks to everyone for playing along!
(BTW... I am in the middle of two days of thunderstorms & the little league games have all been called off for the 2nd day in a row... :cry: )
twoscoots

Post by twoscoots »

I'll also give him "posing with" - the coaches aren't going to let the kids run up to the road during the game, and it's fairly obvious that they're hanging on the fence looking at the scoot...
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

I'd agree they are posing enough to count it.

BUT ... I see yellow, blue, white (maybe other colors?) shirts and they don't really look like they're in any kind of uniform. Maybe the one kid at the right in yellow. Kind of looks like a bunch of kids playing a random game.
SteMer

Post by SteMer »

Posing - yes.
Uniformed - no.

I think if you can get two games at one time being played, that should count for something. But it's really hard to see if there's a second game in the background.

All for fun though. This is a great new twist on some of the normal tag games.
Mighty Ohio Scooter Club

ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

Ok... we got a break in the thunderstorms & I scooted out to get a quick pic - not very impressive... but at least I am on the board for this week.
1 Point
FYI - this is the "Miracle Field" for disabled kids - the Chi White Sox kicked in $100K to get it built.
More info at MLB.com http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd ... &fext=.jsp

I think brape has a great pic - little league kids playing ball, guy walking his dog - Genuine should be using that in print advertising!
All it needs is a hotdog & apple pie.
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

SteMer wrote:Posing - yes.
Uniformed - no.
I think if you can get two games at one time being played, that should count for something. But it's really hard to see if there's a second game in the background.
SteMer... now just how does that help me?? :headache:
Glad you like the idea... when will your pic be up for this week??
We need MORE PLAYERS!
sailortot

Post by sailortot »

ScootLemont wrote:ok.. a question has been raised about sailortot's pic

In the pic you can see the last gate is open with a guy working it... so I think that shows there is a game going on (+ I checked their schedule on thier website for confirmation)
first of all...if anyone thinks my pictures are questionable, ask or tell me and ill do my best to prove it. i mean, seriously, we're all grown ups. right? the game had been going on for somewhere between 30 mins to an hour so hardly anyone was at the gates/ticket booth anymore. i will start posting the largest size of picture, instead of the medium, so the little important details are more clear.

but in case you had questions...i got more pictures (which i didnt post) of people walking around the concession areas. if theres going to continue to be such doubt about my pictures for points...ill play without points. i dont care. its just for fun.

regarding the picture with the two games...thats pretty cool that he actually captured both games and im pretty sure the parents wouldnt want closeups of their kids with someones scooter posted on the internet. but i do agree with scootlemont that they werent posing with it. still some kind of points (and probably a good amount) should be awarded for getting their attention.
sotied

Post by sotied »

I splay myself at the mercy of the judges. All the kids are waving and shouting at me - I explained that I needed a photo of them with the scooter and all heck broke loose.

No. Their uniforms were not on, but there was a game going on. Maybe it was intrasquad.

This photo - with the phone - was just lucky and my future shots will be fully detailed and taken with a proper camera. Had to run all the way across the street to see if I could get the second game in...but it is tough to see.

My photo of the scoot when I'm up close - http://www.bowlofcheese.tumblr.com - is really detailed, even with the phone.

And my mom always said I took good photos.

By the way, whoever thought this up is a genius. This is so cool. It's like geocaching on the scooter...which is also something I plan to do a lot this summer.

Root Root Root for the Home Team!
Jeff • #2163
sailortot

Post by sailortot »

By the way, whoever thought this up is a genius. This is so cool. It's like geocaching on the scooter...which is also something I plan to do a lot this summer.
i know! i agree. isnt it fun?
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

sailtot..... slow down...
no one questioned your WORD... only questioned if you could tell from the PIC if the game was on (that was part of the "rules")- & this came up after I publically questioned sotied's claimed points.

It's tough... some people were questioning if an ambulance was a fire truck the first week...

I am not a very competitive person (only 2 points so far) but I do want to try & be fair & give everyone the benifit of the doubt...
I dont want anyone to stop playing because someone got points that they might not deserve or because I didnt give them points they thought they should have.

FYI - I dont think we will have this problem next week... (I know I said that last week)

How did this get started?
on the weekend challenge thread, Kevin K mentioned that he had particpated in a local photo scooter scavenger hunt that day.
That sounded fun to me but I thought it would be fun to streach it out all summer (maybe into the fall???)
I tried to get Eric to start it up (I am new to scoots & pretty lazy) & he told me to go ahead.

I am glad everyone is enjoying it & I hope we can keep it going all summer (with even more people) - I think it will be very cool to look back in september & see all the pics.

I will check in from Disney on Friday & see what kind of trouble I stirred up with the next subject, after Krusty posts it for me.
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

sotied wrote:I splay myself at the mercy of the judges. All the kids are waving and shouting at me
No. Their uniforms were not on, but there was a game going on. Maybe it was intrasquad.
Ok... that puts it to rest then...
The rule was
"+1 pt for each baseball player, IN UNIFORM, POSING with your scoot"
So sorry... but not points for the kids (since they are not in uniform, they dont count.
So.. they way I see it:
1pt for the pic + 2pts for the game (even if it might be a practice game)
3 Points - is everyone ok with that?
Its a great pic & thanks for playing
"The MB Scooter Photo Scavenger Hunt With The Rules From Hell" :lol:
bjj4287

Post by bjj4287 »

this is intense
ryder1

Post by ryder1 »

And awfully comical :lol: !
sailortot

Post by sailortot »

when is someone going to post the major league stadium?

i know we've got a few in/around boston. post 'em with fenway park. *go sox
Howardr

Post by Howardr »

I think this is such a great idea. I went to one of our minor league fields today and snapped my picture. Then I noticed that I had left the memory card in my computer. Oh well, I'll try again in the next couple of days.
One thing, would it be possible in future hunts to make the playing field a little more even? There are lots of Buddy owners out there who live in communities without major or minor league teams. It doesn't seem quite right that they should be penalized for that.

Just a though

Howard
SteMer

Post by SteMer »

ScootLemont wrote:
SteMer wrote:Posing - yes.
Uniformed - no.
SteMer... now just how does that help me?? :headache:
Glad you like the idea... when will your pic be up for this week??
We need MORE PLAYERS!
Maybe you can also award "wild card" points for creativity. :)
I'll try to get you a major league park this week.
Mighty Ohio Scooter Club

ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

Howardr wrote:One thing, would it be possible in future hunts to make the playing field a little more even? There are lots of Buddy owners out there who live in communities without major or minor league teams. It doesn't seem quite right that they should be penalized for that.
Howard
My thought was that if you didnt have a pro ball park, you could make up for it quick with a team of little leaguers posing with the scoot
I figured a MLB park was worth 10 & a little league team should be at least 10 kids.
So yeah... I will do my best to keep the playing field as even as I can.

Hey... Eric! - dont you live like 2 miles from Dodger Stadium?
2StrokeBuzz, Johnny, arrowman, sargelee71 - can someone take a ride past Wrigley? Or is everyone waiting till Tuesday when they will be home beating Atlanta? Go Cubs!
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

im waiting for a game to take a pic of the Mariners
Syd

Post by Syd »

+10pts if it is a Major League Baseball Park (if it's not clear, that is the southeast corner of Chase Field - forever to be known by Valley of the Sunners as Bob - in the background)
That's 11 points, I believe. Unless there is a penalty for picturing a non-Buddy.

Boy, it's hard to get a good picture of one of these new, urban ballparks! And am I the first Major League Ballpark poster? WooHoo!
The majority is always sane - Nessus
OScoot!

Post by OScoot! »

Hey ScootLemont,

I think the game is great fun and I think you're doing a great job. Some people read the rules more literally than others and therefore question when others don't seem to be "playing by the rules". Some are more competitive than others. That's why we are such a diverse group. If we were all alike, where would be the fun?

The whole point is to take a picture of the subject you post. The RULES are whatever you make them to be. If the RULES state something needs to be clearly distiguishable, or in uniform, or a truck, not a car, or whatever the heck you say.....then methinks folks should follow the rules, otherwise why post them? Without rules you could simply say, "Take a picture of X and post it. The End." And I still think you'd get a lot of good photos.

Sorry....had to chime in my 2 cents.....just didn't want to see something that is so much fun get people so riled up.
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

OScoot! wrote: Without rules you could simply say, "Take a picture of X and post it. The End." And I still think you'd get a lot of good photos.
hey... good point - This Friday's hunt is all set up.... but for the following week I will see if I can keep it very basic & see if that makes it all simpler

Syd - Great Pic - I was really hoping for some MLB parks, thanks
sotied

Post by sotied »

I'll be near Fenway either tomorrow or Wednesday and will get a pic - BUT I'm not going to submit it in place of my lollipop guild collection of little leaguers.

UNLESS I get the mascot on the scooter with Big Papi riding with him and the rest of the Sox surrounding the bike in fireman helmets holding firetrucks DURING a game.
Jeff • #2163
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

sotied wrote:I'll be near Fenway either tomorrow or Wednesday and will get a pic - BUT I'm not going to submit it in place of my lollipop guild collection of little leaguers.

UNLESS I get the mascot on the scooter with Big Papi riding with him and the rest of the Sox surrounding the bike in fireman helmets holding firetrucks DURING a game.
Dont forget that something needs to be on fire, and also windshield gas is better....
bfreed

Post by bfreed »

Excellent. Glad I found this post - I'll have to remember a camera tomorrow. I've been looking for an excuse to use my lunch hour scooting. :-)

If I could offer an organizational suggestion: what about making a separate thread for each week? You could add links to each week's thread in the "master" thread.

I'm joining late, and it took me a while to page through last week to find out what this week's goal is...
Just a thought - disregard if that's a PITA. Great idea! Thanks so much for kicking this off!
OScoot!

Post by OScoot! »

sotied wrote:UNLESS I get the mascot on the scooter with Big Papi riding with him and the rest of the Sox surrounding the bike in fireman helmets holding firetrucks DURING a game.

:rofl: AND PUTTING OUT A FIRE AT THE SAME TIME!!!
Now THAT's a photo I wanna see!!!!
OScoot!

Post by OScoot! »

bfreed wrote:If I could offer an organizational suggestion: what about making a separate thread for each week? You could add links to each week's thread in the "master" thread.

I agree......a new thread for each week would be great...like you...I find myself scrolling a lot on this one.
ryder1

Post by ryder1 »

A new thread each week would be helpful; plus, change Subject to include date(s) photo opt is taking place and the title of the photo.

Great pics...I enjoy them! thank you all for posting.
sailortot

Post by sailortot »

polianarchy wrote:Image
polianarchy, thats a fun shot! tell us about the picture.
sailortot

Post by sailortot »

Syd wrote: Boy, it's hard to get a good picture of one of these new, urban ballparks! And am I the first Major League Ballpark poster? WooHoo!
yep! i knew someone would come through on the major league park. it IS really hard to get a good picture angle with these huge stadiums. i went all the way around the park searching for the best/only way to tell it was a baseball park with a game going on.
Syd

Post by Syd »

Bump. Just want to keep this fresh in people's minds.
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

+5pts if it is a professional minor league park (include the name of the field, team & city, or a link to their website for confirmation)
http://idahofalls.chukars.milb.com/index.jsp?sid=t444

=8 points, It is a high school game going on you can see the boys in blue

The proof of minor league field

I will let Eazy post his own pics for his own points
sailortot

Post by sailortot »

wait...im confused. is it a high school game, or a minor league game?

p.s. that is a great picture of the scoots in front of the stadium entrance!
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

+5pts if it is a professional minor league park (include the name of the field, team & city, or a link to their website for confirmation)

8 points for this one:

Quad-City River Bandits at Modern Woodmen Park.

If you look under the stock turn signal, you can see the ticket takers. Also, that black plastic wall in front of the ticket takers is a floodwall ... just minutes old.
Christy

Post by Christy »

I'm all excited, I'm going to get to participate in this one. The minor league park is having a game mid day tomorrow and I'm gonna go get a picture!!!
:)

i'll be back with whatever I can get later tomorrow.

woohoot
EPSP #76
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

sailortot wrote:wait...im confused. is it a high school game, or a minor league game?

p.s. that is a great picture of the scoots in front of the stadium entrance!
High School at a minor league park, the Chukars season doesn't start till next week :P
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

Here is my Buddy at Safeco Field, home of the Major League Baseball Team The Seattle Mariners...

+1 for a baseball field
+10 MLB

+11 Total

Sorry I couldn't get the Mariners or Safeco field signs in with the buddy... its too big, and I couldnt run across the 4 lanes roads that surround the stadium to get a wider detailed pic... :(

Bonus points for a motorized roof? :P
Last edited by MikieTaps on Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

NO FREAKIN WAY!!!

A vacant building just across the street from me just caught on fire!!!

14 fire trucks, 30+ firefighters, 2 ambulances, and 4 police cars... just a week too late!!!

I would have taken the whole summers worth of points!!!

photos coming shortly...
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

Sorry about the poor quality... smoke + cell phone camera + flashing lights + lots of reflective stuff everywhere = crappy pics

The fire was in the basement, so no actual fire pics

If I had taken this with my buddy, last week...

+14 for fire trucks,
+30 for fire fighters
+15, 3 trucks pumping water to fight the fire... this is probobly a stretch but im not getting any points for this anyway...

59 points!
:D

Last edited by MikieTaps on Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

I hope that my Corazzo Jacket uses the same reflective material as their jackets... they were lit up that bright just from my little cell phone flash about 60-70 feet away...

The first picture is of them breaking into the building... :twisted:

Syd

Post by Syd »

MikieTaps wrote:Here is my Buddy at Safeco Field, home of the Major League Baseball Team The Seattle Mariners...

+10points

Sorry I couldn't get the Mariners or Safeco field signs in with the buddy... its too big, and I couldnt run across the 4 lanes roads that surround the stadium to get a wider detailed pic... :(

Bonus points for a motorized roof? :P
Mikie, don't forget the 1 point just for the picture. (And if you get points for the roof, I do too!)
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

Thanks syd!

+11 ! :D