Help a fellow scooterist

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

sotied

Help a fellow scooterist

Post by sotied »

Hey, just went for the first ride on my Tangerine Buddy 125. In the rain. In the cold. In the raw (conditions, not me in the raw, that's just wrong).

AND I LOVED IT. I now have 33 miles on my scoot. I filled it up when I got back to town - took .939 gallons. I got it with a little in the tank.

But the real reason for this post is to get you to help me become more famous and maybe help Javaspeed and the whole scooting community too.

Just go to http://tinyurl.com/3vy3n7 and read my latest column. THEN - this is important - leave a comment at the bottom. I don't care if it's good or bad or brainy or dumb. Just leave a comment.

Thanks so much for your help.

Link again is http://tinyurl.com/3vy3n7.

Jeff
http://www.bowlofcheese.com
bjj4287

Post by bjj4287 »

dont usually do stuff like that but ill do it for a fellow buddy owner!
runtotorun121

Post by runtotorun121 »

Done.
~Celebrate~
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Careful filling that gas tank! Dont top it off, keep the gas 1-2 inches from the neck or else you'll find out what vapor lock is. :wink:
ay pablo

Post by ay pablo »

jfrost2 wrote:Careful filling that gas tank! Dont top it off, keep the gas 1-2 inches from the neck or else you'll find out what vapor lock is. :wink:
Yep. Good advice. Took me 24 hours to get mine to run right after I did that!
If driving a Hummer says "my penis is small",
.......then what does riding a scooter say?

I'd rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle.....
siobhan

Re: Help a fellow scooterist

Post by siobhan »

sotied wrote:Hey, just went for the first ride on my Tangerine Buddy 125. In the rain. In the cold. In the raw (conditions, not me in the raw, that's just wrong).
Oh my friend, if you think the weather today is bad, you better get yerself some better gear. Fleece neckwarmers, fleece socks and a gore-tex blanket are in your future as the darkness of November looms in the future ;)

Glad to hear you had a blast! Yah Javaspeed!
sotied

Post by sotied »

C'mon. I was so excited to ride today too. The weather robots on TV kept saying 90s and hot hot hot.

It was all I could do to find winter gloves and a real leather jacket.

Full face helmet helped a little, but the wind on my neck could have frozen me.

I'm in slippers sipping tea right now trying to get warm still. And I only went 30 miles today.

*POINT1*
Thanks for all that have read and posted. Not an attempt to hijack MB, just need the editor to see that people enjoy my writing.

**POINT2**
I was VERY careful not to fill up the tank. Made sure only to put in .93 of a gallon so that I didn't even come close to the top. What's worse than riding in CHILLY CHILLY weather? Stalling and having to walk in CHILLY CHILLY weather.

***POINT3***
Crap, I've forgotten it. I know it's there...wait for it. I can't remember. Bummer. Have to submit this and put POINT3 in the next post.

Sorry,

Jeff
sotied

Post by sotied »

NOW I REMEMBER. I'm so excited about the scavenger hunt photo thing, but it was so cold that I couldn't get my brain to remember to stop at a fire station and take a photo of my buddy with fire trucks and people and red stuff.

Why red is red.

So I won't get any points unless the scavenger people accept the blog post on my Bowl of Cheese blog. I put a photo of my scooter (not actually the one I have, but the same model and color) and some other random photos up. MAYBE half a point for riding in the cold weather and thinking about firemen.

Wait. That came out wrong. Forget I asked. Forget this whole post.

Move along, nothing to see here.

*ashamed he shuffles over to the mug of tea and warms his shame*

Jeff
Penguinboy

Post by Penguinboy »

Jeff-

Just added a comment. Patrick at Javaspeed is AWESOME!!!!

-Danny
Wafflehaus

Post by Wafflehaus »

heh. one more reason to visit Boston...in the fall. you do realize it's early June right?

reminds me of the time I was waiting outside to see Jeff Tweedy a couple years ago in Chicago. It was late May and the city had turned the corner to a respectable high-60s, low-70s, so we figured jackets weren't necessary. then the sun went down and we were still waiting to get in. brrrrrrrrRR. man, how the temp dropped. I think I had a sweater or longsleeves on, but that didn't matter while standing within shouting distance of Lake Michigan. an hour later we were inside being warmed up by beer and an intro set by Glenn Kotche. good times.

btw, nice article.
I'm losing my edge, to better-looking people with better ideas.