How far have you ridden "2 up"???

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jfw18338

How far have you ridden "2 up"???

Post by jfw18338 »

My wife and I did about 30 miles today and it seemed a bit long. The buddy handled it great, even hills, but we were uncomfortable. How far have you gone???
Keys

Post by Keys »

My wife and I did a couple hundred miles one weekend. But then, she had her own scooter, too...

--Keys 8)
"Life without music would Bb"
KidDynomite

Post by KidDynomite »

My wife and I often do a 15 mile round trip for breakfast on the weekends.
You don't wanna get mixed up with a guy like me. I'm a loner Dottie, a REBEL.
rajron

Post by rajron »

A couple of times when I was getting a scooter serviced we rode 15 miles across town getting to and from the shop – The only good thing was feeling her against me!
JNV

how far 2 up

Post by JNV »

My wife and I have done weekend trips; 160 miles round trip plus whatever little bit of riding we did at our destination. We have done that several times.
weaseltamer

Post by weaseltamer »

whenever one of my sisters is in town i like to buzz them around town. they enjoy it, and i enjoy it. i feel the prima would help with the pickup a little, but we still get up to my reg. cruising speed of 50 indicated and and the breeze is just as good. my younger sister was having so much fun enjoying the stares from other cars, she was giving everyone all thumbs ups. :roll:
hcstrider

Post by hcstrider »

The farthest that my wife and I have ridden "2 up" is about 7 miles one way. I am 170 lbs. and 5 foot 10 while my wife is 125 lbs. and 5 foot 5. For me I am sitting farther foward in the seat than I prefer so any trip farther than about 5 miles gets uncomfortable. We installed passenger foot pegs so that the passenger has a more comfortable place to put their feet but we both agree that we would not want to travel farther than about 10 miles.

Initially we purchased our Buddy for RVing so that when we hooked up our RV in a campground we still had some form of transportation. For this purpose the Buddy has been outstanding because the campground is usally no more than 5 miles from town.

We both agree that it is much more fun to be a solo rider and last week we both passed our class M driver's license so I predict that a second Buddy is in our future.
un_designer

Post by un_designer »

probably about 20something miles each way... i found that when riding 2-up the slide-forward movement of both passenger and rider is increased. it's just one of those things that's part of having a flat seat. i've seen some other scooters whose seat has a slight rise in the front to keep you from sliding forward. i don't know how comfortable that would be though.
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

I rode down to Baltimore from Philly with a dude who rode 2-up on his Series Italia with his girlfriend. :shock: (Of course, they're both skinny and on the shorter side of average.) That was Friday. The next day, they rode on the long ride during the Charm City Scooter Rally. Then on Sunday, we all rode back...2-up for them, once again. I couldn't believe the Buddy was so sturdy! Ran like a top...they even beat me on some hills! :roll:
ModBud #442
vaderscoot

Post by vaderscoot »

i ride 2up everytime i get on it lol im 6' and 300 lbs im happy with performance
cowgirl helmet

Post by cowgirl helmet »

I rode as a passenger on my Buddy for about five or six blocks (across the National Mall and up a block or so) behind a motorcycle-lovin' friend -- she didn't have a vehicle and we were trying to get to a movie on time; I had never ridden with a passenger and didn't want my first time to be when we were in a hurry. I hated every minute.

I may give somebody a ride behind me sometime, if they have a helmet and (preferably) some additional gear. But I doubt it.