"It" Happened ... Update

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Pita1963

"It" Happened ... Update

Post by Pita1963 »

Ok, get this - the guys' insurance company ( Liberty Mutual) is saying that because I was second in line making my turn, that I should have been able to avoid the crash. So therefore they are not accepting responsibility and are refusing to pay for my medical costs and scooter repairs....Even though he was ticketed for causing the crash..... Anyone know a good lawyer ???

Robb

:shock:
The answer is : 42
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Original post for hose who don't know:
topic4814.html

Crap. Well, chances are they're going to lose if you go after them. Doesn't mater. He's at fault. Period.

I'm in the process of dumping Liberty Mutual for my car insurance. Just got a quote for half their cost. Now I'm extra happy about it. Jerks!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
runtotorun121

Post by runtotorun121 »

So anyone who causes a multi-car accident is not responsible for causing it?

That doesn't seem right. Anyway, with the ticket I would think that the insurance company would have to accept responsibility. Have you called and asked your insurance company?

Good luck.
~Celebrate~
Pita1963

Post by Pita1963 »

runtotorun121 wrote:So anyone who causes a multi-car accident is not responsible for causing it?

That doesn't seem right. Anyway, with the ticket I would think that the insurance company would have to accept responsibility. Have you called and asked your insurance company?

Good luck.
My insurance (Geico) says that because there was no contact between myself and the car, they will not cover it....

Robb
The answer is : 42
runtotorun121

Post by runtotorun121 »

Pita1963 wrote:
runtotorun121 wrote:So anyone who causes a multi-car accident is not responsible for causing it?

Good luck.
My insurance (Geico) says that because there was no contact between myself and the car, they will not cover it....

Robb
Oh no. Oops, sorry. I was multi-tasking when I typed this. I meant, have you asked your insurance company about what they think about the other guy getting a ticket. I have State Farm, and I have asked them what they would do in specific situations. So if Geico knows they would have to pay a claim against you if you got a ticket then they might know that the driver's insurance company will likewise have to pay.

I HATE insurance companies. Slimy, and most will try to lie, cheat, steal. . .
~Celebrate~
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

Do you have comprehensive on the scooter? if so Geico would cover it (minus your deductible of course) under that and then likely go after Liberty, right?

But I'd just get a attorney and let him/her deal with it. Sounds pretty clear cut.

In fact, since there are medical expenses involved, I'd probably get a attorney either way. Many times the insurance company will try to cut you a quick check for your ER visit or whatever... and by signing that check you release them from any other claim. It's their way of paying you off quickly, you feel like they took care of it and then later when you realize you need PT, you're screwed.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Yeah, talk to your insurance company, if they're paying out, and there's any chance they can squeeze the money outta someone else, they'll do the legwork for you.

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
twoscoots

Post by twoscoots »

I was going to say that your insurance should be doing the work for you, but maybe not so much. They say they're not going to cover you because you didn't actually HIT the guy? You were supposed to risk getting maimed, I guess.