I went vroom!! =D (SR)

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

LunaP

I went vroom!! =D (SR)

Post by LunaP »

This is late, I've been tied up and/or sick since... but I wanted to share, because this is sort of a milestone. I rode a scooter for the first time since my accident on Sunday! Seven Hills has a club ride every first Sunday of the month, and this month it was delayed a week for weather.

I was treated to a ride in the Scoot Richmond sidecar, driven by RVA's Scootergirl Extraordinaire herself. It was a total blast! I was really excited to ride again. The sidecar was actually way roomier length-wise than I expected, so it wasn't crazy uncomfortable for my leg; I was rather impressed.

Pics!

theflash784

Vroom

Post by theflash784 »

So good to see you riding again! Riding in a sidecar has to be pretty cool. I would love to try it some time. Did you feel nervous at all? Looks like youi were having a good time. I hope you will get to take other rides while you are still healing up.
JAEGER

Post by JAEGER »

Noice!

How'd the scoot handle, and what sort of acceleration can you get with that rig?

Only time I ever got to ride in a hack (Ural) was briefly around DC getting a ride to the Metro. I discovered that the bike really didn't like turning right. :P

That said, yeah, the hack was quite comfortable, but I was very aware of the asphalt buzzing by around 3" from my butt. :shock:

--Jaeger
"Exterminate all rational thought. That is the conclusion I have come to." -- Bill Lee, Naked Lunch
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2003 Triumph Speedmaster 904 // 2013 Genuine Buddy 125
www.blackletter.org
persephonelily

Post by persephonelily »

Now I want a sidecar!
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

Ah, so great to see you back on the horse, LunaP!
That smile says it all.
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

I wasn't driving, but it seemed to handle exactly how you might think- wide turns, etc etc. Scoot Richmond put a custom steering damper on this side rig, so it's a smoother ride than most. There is definitely a noticeable lag in the speed- mostly in acceleration. This particular Stella got very pouty towards the end of the ride... I had a feeling it had to do with a larger person being in the sidecar, it's just a lot of weight being pulled in general. But it still scooted along, for sure.

I was a little too excited to be nervous. I've been driving my car for 2-3 weeks now, and been doing well. I did jump once... a douchebag driving a Mustang decided it was necessary to floor it and pass the entire parade of us in a merge lane that was ending... when he zoomed past us, I think my heart stopped and my stomach did a triple flip. But it takes stuff like that, or people cutting me off short notice, for me to startle on the road. I think, though, it will still be very different to actually ride cupcake again, once I get to that point. Especially on Lokky's Buell, which he bought while I was in the hospital and I've never ridden before. Definitely way more comfortable to think about riding the Stella.
skully93

Post by skully93 »

what fun!
TVB

Post by TVB »

:+!:
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Hooray and congrats!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Rusty Shackleford

Post by Rusty Shackleford »

Luna!!!!!!!!!!! I've met you IRL before. Neato. Are you going to the rally?
Last edited by Rusty Shackleford on Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C'mon, sko sko sko!
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

Hooray and congratulations!

Scootering is hard to walk away from. Even riding vicariously in a sidecar beats abstinence! :D
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
CROSSBOLT

Post by CROSSBOLT »

Good to see you out and about! Classy way to do it!

Karl
mrandmrslindholm

Post by mrandmrslindholm »

Yeah!
avonpirate

Post by avonpirate »

Luna..... you look great!!!! a side car is in my dreams. Luky Girl!!!
She with the most 'used' toys wins.

jprestonian

Post by jprestonian »

Fantastic, LunaP!!
michelle_7728

Post by michelle_7728 »

Nice! Good to see you out and about and enjoying a good scoot about on a nice day. :)