Pensacola rides (+pics)!

Info on scooter gatherings of all types & sizes

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

KRUSTYburger

Pensacola rides (+pics)!

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Hi all! I'll be posting all our PSA rides here from now on. We got one coming up towards the end of the month, so don't miss it!

This months ride will be on a Thursday evening, so please let me know if weekdays are going to be a problem then we'll know not to do it in the future.

So Here's the schedule:

Thursday, June 26th!

4:30 pm --- Meet @ PMS

5:00 pm --- leave PMS for CiCi's Pizza

5:30 pm --- Meet @ CiCi's

Whenever we're done eating, then we will go for the ride. So it's not necessary to meet at PMS unless you want some *extra* riding... Feel free to just meet up at CiCi's, that's fine.

We have yet to decide where to ride after we eat, so please email (straightothelephant@hotmail.com) or PM your suggestions to me or (as always) you can call Jimmy @ PMS: 456-6655. Jimmy was thinking Marble Slab or something, but I have a feeling we'll all already be full by the time we're done with the buffet. So if you know of some nice areas within a reasonable distance of the pizza place, please share! Suggestions for future rides are also welcome.

Hope everyone is able to make it!

SEE YOU THERE!

~Cheryl
:mrgreen:
Last edited by KRUSTYburger on Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

Shameless bump!:mrgreen:

See ya' there.
Dennis
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

*bump!* -- 3 more days! :mrgreen:
sikken

Every month?

Post by sikken »

Do you guys meet up every month? I should be getting my Pamplona in August and I am looking for some local groups. I live in Crestview...

Lisa
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

Yes, although I couldn't make the ride last night.
Crestview? Ohh, goody. Sounds like a road trip! Maybe we should all meet somewhere in Baker sometime, eat at Gator's and ride up into Alabama.

Hey, Krusty!

Dennis
sikken

Post by sikken »

I can't wait to get my scooter... i wish i didn't have to wait until august to meet up with you guys! Bad thing about Crestview is getting to P'cola is gonna be quite the adventure since the speed limit on I-10 is 70... Maybe I could take Hwy 90...Hmmm...
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

Hwy 90 is the best. No traffic, smooth. I-10 is for point A to point B mind numbing movement. Stay off. Best way to get to Pensacola is 90 to Milligan, right on 4 to Baker, straight through to 191, stop at the corner country store for a cheeseburger, then across 4 and south on 191 to Milton, take Hamilton Bridge Road to Pace, down Spencer Field Road to 90 again, across the fill to Pensacola. TA DAA! Or just take 90 all the way. Its a nice ride.

Road Trip!
sikken

so....

Post by sikken »

when is the next psa ride? i'll finally have my sooter today!
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

KRUSTYburger is working on it. We were talking about a couple of different things. She'll post something before too much longer I'm sure.
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Hey everyone! We finally have a date for our July scooter ride!!! Sorry it took so long, it's still kind of unorganized and plus I had some "technical difficulties". I already emailed everyone on "the list" so if you're not on the list and want to be just let me know.

Many people weren't able to make the CiCi's ride or didn't come because it looked like the weather was going to be bad, but here's your chance to TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF! Since a couple of you mentioned a beach ride, that's what we're doing:

Sunday, July 27th
Meet at PMS around 9:00-9:30am
We out around 10:00am to Orange Beach

So far that's the only plan... just riding around Orange Beach... should be quite pleasant unless the weather acts up. I'm sure we'll be stopping to eat somewhere and stopping wherever people want to look around or take pictures. If you have a specific place you know you want to check out, you can email me or Jimmy or come up to the store by 9am and tell us about it (that's why I said to meet there between 9 and 9:30). It might be kinda early for some of you, but I hope you can make it, see you there! Don't forget the sunblock!!! :wink:

~Cheryl
sikken

Post by sikken »

WooHoo! I am so excited! Krusty, can you add me to "the list"?
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

I was just reminded that this months ride will take place during AmeriVespa, so there are a couple folks that will not be attending. :(

By the way, sikken, if you PM me your name and email (phone and address optional too), I'll be sure to add you to our list. So far I think we are up to like 25! That's pretty good considering I only see maybe 2 scooters per month on the street (outside of our rides). Let's show 'em who owns the road!!! :mrgreen:
sikken

Post by sikken »

KRUSTYburger wrote:I was just reminded that this months ride will take place during AmeriVespa, so there are a couple folks that will not be attending. :(

By the way, sikken, if you PM me your name and email (phone and address optional too), I'll be sure to add you to our list. So far I think we are up to like 25! That's pretty good considering I only see maybe 2 scooters per month on the street (outside of our rides). Let's show 'em who owns the road!!! :mrgreen:
Not sure if my pm's are getting through... Sent three to KrustyBurger over the course of the day but they are all still in my "outbox" not my "sent"... Anyone?
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

sikken wrote:Not sure if my pm's are getting through... Sent three to KrustyBurger over the course of the day but they are all still in my "outbox" not my "sent"... Anyone?
Got 'em, thanx! :wink:
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

So, there are a lot of people who are telling me they will not be able to attend the Sunday 27th ride, so I'm attempting to put one together this Friday (yes, the day after tomorrow). I know it's short notice, but I think it will be more convenient for most people. The 27th ride is NOT cancelled, this is just a BONUS RIDE!!! I'm going to PMS right now to see what Jimmy thinks and we can schedule a meet-up time. I'll keep you all posted! :mrgreen:
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Ok, I'm back! Friday evening is GO FOR LAUNCH!!! The main ride will be to the downtown/Bayfront area and Krispy Kreme Doughnuts. We'll be riding there from PMS around 6:30pm (or whenever they close the store). If you prefer not to ride at night, I think maybe some of us will be up there an hour or so early to ride around the area a little before the guys get off work... I had a short scenic ride in mind if enough people wanted to join in. If everybody is cool with riding in the dark then maybe I'll save it for another day... I'm up for whatever, I'll ride all day if you want, I'M OFF WORK!!! WOOHOO! So anyways, now we have some options, so I hope everyone can make it to one or both of the rides this month. See ya on the street!

~Cheryl :mrgreen:
sikken

Post by sikken »

I'll try and be there...
Hammered Mettle

How long is the wait for a buddy scooter

Post by Hammered Mettle »

Hey, what is the deal with the buddy scooters. I have been on the list for a month and nothing. No update, no word, just crickets. Does anyone have some sort of time table for these things to magically appear on this continent? :cry:
KRUSTYburger

Re: How long is the wait for a buddy scooter

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Hammered Mettle wrote:Hey, what is the deal with the buddy scooters. I have been on the list for a month and nothing. No update, no word, just crickets. Does anyone have some sort of time table for these things to magically appear on this continent? :cry:
Where did you order one from? If it was Pensacola Motorsport I could probably find out... other than that I have no idea. I know they did get in a shiny red Stella (unless they sold it today). Hope you get your scoot soon!
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

KRUSTYburger wrote:Ok, I'm back! Friday evening is GO FOR LAUNCH!!! The main ride will be to the downtown/Bayfront area and Krispy Kreme Doughnuts. We'll be riding there from PMS around 6:30pm (or whenever they close the store). If you prefer not to ride at night, I think maybe some of us will be up there an hour or so early to ride around the area a little before the guys get off work... I had a short scenic ride in mind if enough people wanted to join in. If everybody is cool with riding in the dark then maybe I'll save it for another day... I'm up for whatever, I'll ride all day if you want, I'M OFF WORK!!! WOOHOO! So anyways, now we have some options, so I hope everyone can make it to one or both of the rides this month. See ya on the street!

~Cheryl :mrgreen:
OH YEAH! The ride started out a little slow and some might even say confusing, unorganized, fragmented, debilitating, infuriating, maybe even discouraging. Not for me! And after an infusion of caffeine, yeast, fat and sugar at Krispy Kreme we said goodbye to several who had to leave and the "Ride After The Ride" began in earnest. It was a beautiful night ride that took us from high humidity and heat to areas where the temp seemed to drop 10 degrees suddenly. AHHHHHH! :D There were 2 Buddys, 2 Vespas, 1 Burgman and 1 Reflex. A wanderer on a Ruckus discovered us at a convenenience store about 10PM. There was a beautiful moon, no clouds, the bays were beautiful, winds were light and the long bridges a joy to cross in these conditions, even if we did discover a toll increase to $3.50. :( Pictures will be posted soon!
All in all a beautiful ride with a bunch of nice folks.
Some pics.

http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s113 ... Doughnuts/

http://www.flickr.com/gp/23146940@N06/b45336

And a couple more.

http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e382/ ... c86a77.pbw
BigColdMartini

Post by BigColdMartini »

KrustyBurger,

My wife wants to know where you got your basket and how does it stay on? She thought she saw something similar at Hobby Lobby but likes the color of yours better.

Thanks
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

BigColdMartini wrote:My wife wants to know where you got your basket and how does it stay on? She thought she saw something similar at Hobby Lobby but likes the color of yours better.
I picked up that basket at a thrift store for five bucks and sprayed it with a sealer that protects from moisture and sunlight. It's actually a Grey Goose Vodka picnic basket. Anyways, glad you like it!

More panhandle scooting action:

some of the crew checking out Dennis' Bud at Pensacola Motorsports

Dennis' Buddy again! Up close and personal. Diggin the new seat cover man.

Still at PMS waiting for everyone to show up...

My lil Bud stylin' and profilin' with freshly cleaned wws and a purdy new basket!

Jason's P*200*X and Jill's brand spankin' new S! Ready to ride.

Jason spotted this Mint green Stella in a parking lot on the way and stopped by and got some digits! Maybe he will be our next member!

Another stop for a photo at a local marina.

We rode down to the bayfront...

...and stopped for ANOTHER photo. You can never have too many!

Here's another view.

We FINALLY got to Krispy Kreme!!! Yay!

HOT FRESH DOUGHNUTS NOW!!!

mmm... look at all those dooooughnuuutttsss... (drool)

And I just had to get a shot of the Buddies chillin' out front for MB!

...Of course there was MUCH more riding to be had after Krispy Kreme, but I didn't get any pics since we didn't stop much and it was dark. Lots of fun though, I hope a few can make it to the ride on the 27th! I may or may not be able to go, depending on if someone at work will trade days with me. Orange Beach is a nice ride!!!
BUCK10

Post by BUCK10 »

THE BUDDY IS COMING .........MY NAME IS MARK THOMPSON AND I AM A SALESMAN AT PENSACOLA MOTORSPORTS.......WE HAVE A LIST OF PEOPLE WAITING FOR BUDDYS SO PLEASE CALL ME AND ILL ADD YOU TO THE LIST......WE HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT 6 ARE IN ROUTE AND 3 ARE SPOKEN FOR .........SO CALL ME TUESDAY AND ILL TRY AND GIVE YOU MORE INFO.......THANKS :D
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

BUCK10 wrote:WE HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT 6 ARE IN ROUTE AND 3 ARE SPOKEN FOR .........SO CALL ME TUESDAY AND ILL TRY AND GIVE YOU MORE INFO...
Hey Mark, nice screen name! 8) By the way if anyone wants that number, it's 456-6655. So when are you and your lady finally gonna ride with us? Greg hasn't said anything about coming on the 27th, does he even have that Chinese scooter anymore?
GMT1372

scooters in stock

Post by GMT1372 »

HI THIS IS MARK FROM PENSACOLA MOTORSPORTS. I HAVE RECIEVED 4 NEW SCOOTERS TODAY FROM GENUINE. I HAVE 2 INTERNATIONAL ST. TROPEZ AND 2 PAPOLONA BOTH 150 CC....PLEASE CALL ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE SO I CAN RESERVE ONE BEFORE THEY ARE GONE....850 456 6655
sikken

NBR: Pensacola Swing... Anyone been?

Post by sikken »

NBR: Pensacola Swing... Anyone been?
Has anyone in the P'cola area been to Pensacola Swing? I wanna learn Lindy and I saw there was a place in P'cola, wanted to see if anyone has been there or heard of it!
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Sounds familiar... I used to know some swingin' folks, but they always went to American Legion posts. That was a couple years ago, so I don't know if they still do it there or not. I don't even know if they went there for lessons or just for dances...

...you were talking about dancing, right?
sikken

Post by sikken »

Yeah, apparently this place where they have "dances" and lessons is at an American Legion post... I'm curious to see what it is all about but it's a hell of a ride out there...
sikken

Post by sikken »

Is tomorrow's ride still on?
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

sikken wrote:Is tomorrow's ride still on?
HECK YES IT IS!!! Sadly, I will be unable to attend... :cry:

I begged and pleaded to no avail. But Jimmys got the route under control and there a definitely a few folks planning to be there. I wish I could go, I got a hankerin' fer some open road!!! Guess it's time to start planning the next ride already! We should be having one like every-other week... Hope you are able to make it.
sikken

Bummer...

Post by sikken »

Dammit, I really wanted to go tomorrow but I do not think I will be able to make it. I have been trying to do my homework all day (its due tomorrow) but I still have a reasonable amount left and I have stuff to do later on today (besides hw) so I think tomorrow is going to have to be a pass for me :cry:
I really wanted to meet everyone too! Oh well, hopefully the next ride will be real soon!
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

OK, where do we meet and what time for the Orange Beach ride. I wanna go.
sikken

Post by sikken »

KRUSTYburger wrote:Hey everyone! We finally have a date for our July scooter ride!!! Sorry it took so long, it's still kind of unorganized and plus I had some "technical difficulties". I already emailed everyone on "the list" so if you're not on the list and want to be just let me know.

Many people weren't able to make the CiCi's ride or didn't come because it looked like the weather was going to be bad, but here's your chance to TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF! Since a couple of you mentioned a beach ride, that's what we're doing:

Sunday, July 27th
Meet at PMS around 9:00-9:30am
We out around 10:00am to Orange Beach

So far that's the only plan... just riding around Orange Beach... should be quite pleasant unless the weather acts up. I'm sure we'll be stopping to eat somewhere and stopping wherever people want to look around or take pictures. If you have a specific place you know you want to check out, you can email me or Jimmy or come up to the store by 9am and tell us about it (that's why I said to meet there between 9 and 9:30). It might be kinda early for some of you, but I hope you can make it, see you there! Don't forget the sunblock!!! :wink:

~Cheryl
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

Hmmm, that looks familiar, but can't find it.

Thank you! :D
sikken

Post by sikken »

No prob!
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

~ :D ~ :D ~ NEW RIDE!!! ~ :D ~ :D ~

Next Friday evening (August 8th) we gonna ride!

Meet at PMS at 6pm, we'll leave for Steak n' Shake at 6:30.
PLEASE don't wait til 6:30 or later to show up, we're going to
leave as soon as Jimmy closes the store. I'm not trying to
be a stickler, just want to get the earliest start possible so
the folks who prefer not to ride in the dark will not have to.

After we eat, I think we'll be riding around east hill and the
bayou... should be quite pleasant. Hope everyone is able to
make it this time, see you there!!!
sikken

Post by sikken »

*BUMP*

WOOHOO! Ride on Friday!!! 8)
GFRphoto

Post by GFRphoto »

Hopefully I can make it. Nothing on the schedule as of now, but as a freelancer they tend to give me stuff on the fly a lot! :roll:

:o But I want to be there!
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

Maybe a ride after the ride? Perhaps through Destin to Tallahassee north to Thomasville and back through Dothan, Andalusia, Baker, Milton, Pensacola? Should be home by midnight.
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Well, turns out Jimmy will not be able to make it (yeah, again)... So really we COULD go earlier than 6:30. I can't change it though since some people might not get the message and that's just confusing. Mark is still planning on coming so I think he works till 6.

MY idea was to ride *BEFORE* the ride and work up an appetite! 8) I'm off all day so I'm up for anything, I guess we'll see what the weather does.

Hope to see everyone there! :mrgreen:
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

P.S. Frank (with the Stella & sidecar) got a Buddy 125 today! Welcome him to the other side!!! So far he loves it and says he plans to keep the Stella, but I don't know how much use it will get! :lol:
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

P.P.S. Hey Dennis, when are the wife & son gonna come along? I know you got enough scoots!
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

How about out next ride be a Saturday morning? I'm off on the 16th! :D
GFRphoto

Post by GFRphoto »

Saturday Mornings usually work for me. (although I'm not really part of the group yet) I'd vote for a Saturday morning! :lol:
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

w00t!!! Steak n' Shake ride was a blast! Got some photos to drool over, hope to see everyone on our next ride. :mrgreen:

(click on pic to go to slideshow)

KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

By popular demand, we'll have a ride this Saturday morning (August 16th I think). We'll ride to Fairhope, AL. Not certain where we're meeting up yet, or exactly what time, but I'll be sure to post it as soon as I know for sure. A couple people suggested eating at Panini Pete's, so we probably will.

If you want to go really crazy, some folks might be going to Dauphin Island and take the ferry back to Gulf Shores after lunch.

^^^DON'T FORGET TO CHECK OUT THE PICS FROM THE LAST RIDE IN MY ABOVE POST!!^^^^
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

I rode my bicycle to Dauphin Island from Pensacola once. Should be much more fun on a scooter.
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Okay the Fairhope ride is scheduled for tomorrow (Satudurday) morning. Let's meet at the Winn-Dixie on the corner of Sorrento and Gulf Beach Hwy. In case you don't know where that is, it's point "A" on this map. We will probably ride somewhere along those lines.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Saturday, August 16th
Winn-Dixie parking lot
Meet there at 9:30 am
Ride to Fairhope, AL
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

See you there!

8)
GFRphoto

The ride?

Post by GFRphoto »

How was the ride? I was out of town this weekend, could not attend :/
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Yeah, I missed the Fairhope ride too. :( Sounded like they had fun, maybe next time!