Scooter Photo Scavenger Hunt Week 4: Scooter with a Truck

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ScootLemont

Scooter Photo Scavenger Hunt Week 4: Scooter with a Truck

Post by ScootLemont »

Scooter Photo Scavenger Hunt Week 4: Your Scooter & A Truck/SUV
June 20th – 26th

Ok… EVERYONE should be able to play this week! (So I want to see pics from EVERYONE)

Your scooter with a Truck or SUV = 1pt
+ 2pts if photo is taken at a gas station
+ 3pts if it is a Semi
+ 4pts if it is a Hummer (the truck/SUV, not the other kind)
EDIT + 5pts if it is a real MILITARY Hummer
+ 5pts if the truck/SUV is the same color as your scooter
+ 6pts if it is a POLICE truck/SUV (sorry no fire trucks, been there done that)
EDIT +6pts if it is a PINK truck/suv
+ 2pts if you are in the photo (No gear comments please! – Save those for the other threads – this is a gear neutral thread & if I could give points for nudity, I would)
+1pt for the first photo posted (as always)

PLEASE do your own math & include you point total with your submission!!!!

EDIT: to be clear, this is your scooter with A truck/SUV - not points for each Truck/SUV in the photo

For those of you who think this week is too easy… all I can say is that this hunt is about getting lots of people to post up pics of their scooters for everyone to enjoy. For those of you who are extra competitive, I expect you to be waiting at your local gas station for a police hummer, the same color as your scooter.

Thanks to alienmeatsack and SScooterG for suggestions that were incorporated into this week’s hunt.

General Rules for every week:
-A new photo subject added every Friday. Participants will have until the following Thursday to post their pic (taken that week)
-Only one photo may be submitted by each member for each week’s subject. (but if you get a better pic later in the week, PLEASE edit your original post note that you posted a better pic and note in the newer post that it is a replacement for a previous pic.
-Old photos you have lying around can NOT be used- they must be NEW photos taken the week the photo subject was posted
-10 BONUS POINTS (good anytime all summer) for a photo of you getting a ticket (photo must include your scooter & a cop writing the ticket) only one of these may be submitted per player. (Thanks to kazoo for the suggestion)
-No Photoshop submissions
-Prize? Sure, if we can figure out a way to do that, but the real prize will be bragging rights & all the fun we all had all summer.

Scooter Photo Scavenger Hunt!
What is it? - Every Friday a new photo subject will be posted in this thread & it will be your job to go get a photo of your scooter with that subject.

When is it? - It was started May 30th & hopefully will run it all summer, finishing up Labor Day weekend? That will give us 14 photos to get.
Who? - EVERYONE is encouraged to participate, the more players the better! Some subjects will be easy & some will be more difficult. Some might be impossible for some people but do your best & participate when you can. Don’t worry if you didn’t get in at the start... just jump in anytime!

If anyone has any suggestions for photo subjects or on how to make this more fun, please post up or PM me.

If you are just joining us, here is week 3
topic4993.html
and weeks 1&2
topic4570.html
Last edited by ScootLemont on Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:11 am, edited 5 times in total.
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

Points at the end of week 3 - let me know if I made a mistake
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

Here is the video from week 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_hhZnyuqiQ
Racenut

Post by Racenut »

Yay, finally one I can play :D

Truck SUV - +1
Same Color - +5
Me in It - +2
First One - +1

9 Points :)
Attachments
IMG_2496.JPG
IMG_2496.JPG (83.07 KiB) Viewed 3618 times
Last edited by Racenut on Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bunny

Post by bunny »

I *wish* my scooter was already here...I could play this one, too. There's a police dept out here that matches the Italias!

I like the matching scooter/truck combo!
Yes, it's fast. No, you can't ride it.

sotied

Post by sotied »

OK. I don't have 12 little-leaguers in uniform waving with my scoot. But I do have.......

ME +2
My scoot +1
SEVEN HUMMERS +28

Total 31 Points. YAY!
Attachments
JeffTrucks.jpg
JeffTrucks.jpg (100.78 KiB) Viewed 3591 times
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

sotied wrote:Total 31 Points. YAY!
THAT is going to be hard to beat. Well done.
sotied

Post by sotied »

Orange Guy wrote:
sotied wrote:Total 31 Points. YAY!
THAT is going to be hard to beat. Well done.
I almost drove right by it. This is at the Armory in my home town, but about half a mile away down the same road is the police station. But the town is so small that we only have one Police SUV and maybe a pickup truck. But that's where I was headed.

Glad I was doing my SEE training and glimpsed these around the side of the building.

If only they were orange!!
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

sotied wrote:OK. I don't have 12 little-leaguers in uniform waving with my scoot. But I do have.......
ME +2
My scoot +1
SEVEN HUMMERS +28
Total 31 Points. YAY!
Nice pic but it is not 4 points for each hummer
Your Scooter & A Truck/SUV
If it was for each truck, all anyone would have to do to get ahead in this game would be to visit a car lot - that wouldnt be fair. sorry
7pts
- Great Pic!
Last edited by ScootLemont on Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sotied

Post by sotied »

And I'm also glad they didn't rush out of the Armory and try to sign me up for the Marines.

I wouldn't blame them for trying though, after seeing how stealthy and quick I stopped, set up the self-timer and dashed across the lot to get in the photo.

:-)
pretz_ruck

Post by pretz_ruck »

1 point....unless i get extra for the really cool angle?!

sotied

Post by sotied »

ScootLemont wrote:
sotied wrote:OK. I don't have 12 little-leaguers in uniform waving with my scoot. But I do have.......
ME +2
My scoot +1
SEVEN HUMMERS +28
Total 31 Points. YAY!
Nice pic but it is not 4 points for each hummer
If it was, all anyone would have to do to get ahead in this game would be to visit a car lot - sorry
7pts
Darn you Squire Lemont!!! Darn you and the scoot you rode in on!!

So I would have been better off just dashing up to the police station. Harrumph!

Guess I'll have to try again early next week and replace this photo.

Got a trainwreck of a non-riding weekend ahead. Rehearsal dinner, wedding, friends over on Sunday. Velveeta will be lonely.

Perhaps I'll dart out under cover of darkness while they're cutting the cake and spraypaint all the trucks I see orange.

So let me get this straight....

If I'm getting a hummer on my scoot from a police sergeant with an orange police hummer/SUV in the background at a gas station, that would help my paltry existing total of 3??

Just to be clear.

**By the way, car dealers, scoot dealers and other places that have multiple items for sale (like if we do a boat photo next) should be off limits as a matter of course. I would beg the court to consider that if I came across a truck show of all orange Hummers, that should count. Just the same as if a local parade of Escalades was being led by a scooter would also count.

I think you're all still angry about the enthusiastic little league team posing with my scoot. And they were so destitute that their uniforms were ratty T-shirts and whatever pants they could find near the barrel of burning wood near the wrong side of the tracks.

C'est la vie. I'll be fine. No, really. I don't need your charity. Off to find some way to get more points.

Toodles,

Jeff
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

sotied wrote:Just to be clear.
Right ... what if I get a pic with a truck, a Hummer and a semi all at a gas station and they are all red?

27 points?

Or is it just one large vehicle per pic?
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

I think that, if I should happen to find one, I receive ULTRA MECHA BONUS POINTS for a pink truck or SUV. Harrumph! :wink:
ModBud #442
pretz_ruck

Post by pretz_ruck »

Darn you Squire Lemont!!! Darn you and the scoot you rode in on!!

!

!

!
StacyB

Post by StacyB »

sotied wrote:So let me get this straight....

If I'm getting a hummer on my scoot from a police sergeant with an orange police hummer/SUV in the background at a gas station, that would help my paltry existing total of 3??

:rofl:
sotied

Post by sotied »

Off to get lunch. Maybe I can find that Police SUV and get this errand checked off my list. Bonus is that I get to have lunch and ride the scoot some more.

YAY!!

Jeff
sotied

Post by sotied »

GENIUS!!! I'm gonna call in a bomb scare at the local gas station. Then the bomb squad police truck will show up.

The real trick will be getting them to take a photo of me on my scoot in front of the truck and the gas station.
bunny

Post by bunny »

sotied wrote:GENIUS!!! I'm gonna call in a bomb scare at the local gas station. Then the bomb squad police truck will show up.

The real trick will be getting them to take a photo of me on my scoot in front of the truck and the gas station.
Dude. That's a felony.
Yes, it's fast. No, you can't ride it.

ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

sotied wrote:Darn you Squire Lemont!!! Darn you and the scoot you rode in on!!
Jeff
I just added an extra point for military Hummers... so you have 8pts now.

If you can get a pic of you getting a hummer on your scooter from a cop, I bet Eric would make you a special button (but you wouldnt get any points for that)
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

Orange Guy wrote:Right ... what if I get a pic with a truck, a Hummer and a semi all at a gas station and they are all red? 27 points?
Or is it just one large vehicle per pic?
You can have more than one truck in the pic, but you are only getting points for one...
The highest single week score, so far, has been 13pts. If we have people getting 30 pts for this, that wouldnt be fair.
Besides.... nissanman works at a dealership... I bet he could put together quite a line of trucks/suvs for a pic. I have a truck stop about 8 miles from my house that usually has 10 to 20 semis.
That wouldnt be fair to the people the first week that got firemen to pose or the 3rd week when people scheduled a time to meet up & get a pic.

I am trying not to make the rules, each week, look like a goverment form for getting a new social security card... I will try to be clearer in future weeks.

Seems like everyone is still having fun with this... right?
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

sotied wrote:**By the way, car dealers, scoot dealers and other places that have multiple items for sale (like if we do a boat photo next) should be off limits as a matter of course. I would beg the court to consider that if I came across a truck show of all orange Hummers, that should count. Just the same as if a local parade of Escalades was being led by a scooter would also count.
Jeff
THIS week you can use a car lot (or parade, or car show, or whatever) because you only get points for one truck in the pic.... last week scooter shops were off limits because you were getting points for each scoot in the pic.
So everyone should feel free to scoot to there local hummer dealer (I am not talking about prostitutes - It never gets old... does it?)
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Just wondering... do Jeeps fit in the truck/suv category? Prolly not.
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

ScootLemont wrote:Seems like everyone is still having fun with this... right?
Heck yeah I'm having fun! The reason I ask is because I enjoy the challenge, but I'm not going to put forth the effort of trying to find the red truck/Hummer/semi combo if it isn't worth bonus points.
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

KRUSTYburger wrote:Just wondering... do Jeeps fit in the truck/suv category? Prolly not.
I assume you mean a wrangler right?.... sure we can call them a SUV
sotied

Post by sotied »

ScootLemont wrote:
sotied wrote:**By the way, car dealers, scoot dealers and other places that have multiple items for sale (like if we do a boat photo next) should be off limits as a matter of course. I would beg the court to consider that if I came across a truck show of all orange Hummers, that should count. Just the same as if a local parade of Escalades was being led by a scooter would also count.
Jeff
THIS week you can use a car lot (or parade, or car show, or whatever) because you only get points for one truck in the pic.... last week scooter shops were off limits because you were getting points for each scoot in the pic.
So everyone should feel free to scoot to there local hummer dealer (I am not talking about prostitutes - It never gets old... does it?)
My girlfriend....I mean the local constable woman in uniform, has agreed to help me look for a hummer. She suggests there might be one hiding behind door number one.

No, never gets old.

Having lots of fun. Might even get lucky.

Praise you Squire Lamont. Praise you and the scoots within your power!
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

Ran out after the Cubs/Sox game for a pic (CUBS WIN!)
Got this one but will try for something better this weekend (thunderstorms are rolling in)
6 Points (scooter with truck 1pt + same color 5pts)
Othergods

Post by Othergods »

EDIT EDIT EDIT

See page 4, my 3rd photo is there now :)
Last edited by Othergods on Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Know the truth: WM3.org

ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

Othergods wrote:Does this count? The truck in the background?
I did not just wanna park next to my truck in the drive way and have the wife snap a photo of me in front of it.
Well.... I dont know if that other truck is "with" your scooter... but since you only are looking for 3pts & are looking to upgrade... we will allow it
As for your wife taking a pic... I am hoping to have some photos that will show our players this week - nothing wrong with that.
Thanks for playing
Last edited by ScootLemont on Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
sailortot

Post by sailortot »

polianarchy wrote:I think that, if I should happen to find one, I receive ULTRA MECHA BONUS POINTS for a pink truck or SUV. Harrumph! :wink:
i agree. i know i wont find one, but i would sure enjoy it if someone did.
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

My Green Hornet with a truck! (1 point)
It's a Semi! (3 points)
They're both green! (5 points)

TOTAL: 9 points

Check out the matching mirrors!!!:lol:

ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

sailortot wrote:
polianarchy wrote:I think that, if I should happen to find one, I receive ULTRA MECHA BONUS POINTS for a pink truck or SUV. Harrumph! :wink:
Ok.... +6 points for a PINK truck

Krusty - GREAT pic! Now I feel bad about my quickie trip to the parking lot... i will have to work harder for a replacement
sailortot

Post by sailortot »

hmmm...im really going to have to work hard on this one.
kazoo

Post by kazoo »

Cool picture Krusty.

Its a good thing I'm not in charge because you should minus a point cause the truck is OOS.
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

kazoo wrote:Its a good thing I'm not in charge because you should minus a point cause the truck is OOS.
what's that?
kazoo

Post by kazoo »

KRUSTYburger wrote:
kazoo wrote:Its a good thing I'm not in charge because you should minus a point cause the truck is OOS.
what's that?
Out of state plates. Dumb, I guess. Kazoo likes to think he's so cool sometimes.

Truckers really are biting the big one, ain't they. I hope you didn't shove the 90+ sign in his/her face.
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

OOOhhh... now I get it. Alabama is only about a half-hour away from me.
Knox

Post by Knox »

Ok, kinda average truck, but you just wait for the sports car contest :twisted:
This is only a 1 pointer, I know, but the idea is to get our scoots pictured.
Attachments
rht.jpg
rht.jpg (45.71 KiB) Viewed 3389 times
Last edited by Knox on Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

I'll get a 13 pointer tomorrow :wink: now that my camera is found
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

Knox wrote:This is only a 1 pointer, I know, but the idea is to get our scoots pictured.
That's right! + we cant all have Krusty's artistic eye
thanks for playin
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

And just in case any of the new people need help posting photos...
ericalm wrote:Preferred way of posting an image:

You'll need to use a free (or other) image hosting service such as Flickr, Photobucket, even .Mac.

Link to an image stored on a publicly accessible web server, e.g. http://www.some-unknown-place.net/my-picture.gif. Image links must end with an acceptable image file extension: .gif, .jpg, .png. When posting an image hosted on Flickr, the URL will frequently end in "?v=0" or something similar. To post the image, just remove that bit from the URL so the name ends in ".jpg". You cannot link to pictures stored on your own PC (unless it is a publicly accessible server) nor to images stored behind authentication mechanisms such as Hotmail or Yahoo mailboxes, password-protected sites, etc. To display the image use the BBCode [img] tag (if allowed). BBCode example:

Code: Select all

[img]http://www.service.com/imagename.jpg[/img]
jsprandel

Post by jsprandel »

Alright, I couldn't find a red Hummer (and I challenge anyone to find a pink one!). Anyway, here's my pic. There are several ways these point could be awarded, so here's what I think it might be - you'll have to tell me if it's right:

My Scooter with a truck/SUV: 1 point
At a Sunoco gas station: 2 Points
It's a Hummer - the truck/SUV, not the other kind: 4 points
I'm in the picture: 2 points
Total: 9 points
Attachments
Buddy & SUV 1.JPG
Buddy & SUV 1.JPG (82.97 KiB) Viewed 3454 times
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

So I get home from work on Friday and there are 5 men sitting on my porch. Two I know (my boyfriend and my neighbor Ron); three I don't. Turns out the 3 guys were driving by and saw my neighbor, who knows one of the guys (Big Mike) who happens to be a contractor. My house is under a constant state of repair but has been on hold for a while because our last contractor disappeared and I gave up on ever getting gutters and the final woodwork completed.

My neighbor brings Big Mike over to meet my boyfriend, who then proceeds to bring him 'round the outside of the house for a quote to finish it up (one day we'll actually paint the place so we'll stop being called *that* blue house).

I pull up and Big Mike rushes over to have a look at my scoot. He had a bad accident in high school on motorcycle and gave it up. But he went to Bermuda on his honeymoon over 20 years ago and fell in love with scoots and was asking all about it.

Then I turn around and say, is that your truck? Turns out he has a blue & grey pick-up...could I get any luckier? A matching truck and possible gutters!

Big Mike even agreed to pose in the pics!

+1 for a truck
+5 for matching color (the blue is not a perfect match but I was psyched the truck was a two-tone)
+2 for me being in the pic
=8

Othergods

Post by Othergods »

sailortot wrote:
Oddly enough on my way to my motorcycle safety course this morning I saw a pink pick up, it was for some business. If it is there tomorrow I will try to remember to snap a photo of it.
Know the truth: WM3.org

ScooterTrash

Re: Scooter Photo Scavenger Hunt Week 4: Scooter with a Truc

Post by ScooterTrash »

Got it
Your scooter with a Truck or SUV = 1pt
+ 2pts if photo is taken at a gas station
+ 3pts if it is a Semi
+ 5pts if the truck/SUV is the same color as your scooter
+ 2pts if you are in the photo
= 13 points 8)

Howardr

Post by Howardr »

Alright, 10 points, my scoot with a semi, at a truck stop, same color. This is at Tucson's TTT truck stop. :)

edit{ I don't know what happened to the color on the ground and sky. I convert thru an image resizer and the colors got all weird.
Edit - Correction 11 points, Thanks
Edit - corrected the color that got messed up in the original post. Here is what it really looked like. HR
Last edited by Howardr on Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:15 am, edited 4 times in total.
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

you get 11 actually
sailortot

Post by sailortot »

EDIT +6pts if it is a PINK truck/suv
does that mean its just one more point than all other colors, or six more points in addition to it being the same color as your scooter?

im searching real hard for a pink truck, but not if its only one more point.

also...would pink flames count? :lol:
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

I believe you get both sailortot, or you should :lol:

Edit: But then again, you are in first so maybe not :twisted:
Christy

Post by Christy »

i would guess it meant only one more point...similar to how it's only one more point if it's a real military hummer v/s a fashion hummer.
EPSP #76