Where is everyone?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

chancerbeans13

Where is everyone?

Post by chancerbeans13 »

Usually I am on here a every couple of minutes throughout the day to see what all the latest talk is. Today, there have been very few posts? Is everyone sick? :lol:
Piedmont

Post by Piedmont »

I think what we've all been fearing has happened. The zombies are upon us. :shock:
addictionriot

Post by addictionriot »

Or its a nice day and everyone is out 8) except me... its my bed time
bunny

Post by bunny »

Piedmont wrote:I think what we've all been fearing has happened. The zombies are upon us. :shock:
Quick, board the windows and arm the children!
Yes, it's fast. No, you can't ride it.

polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

Board the children! Arm the windows!

And I'm here, at work, working. Pshaw, they expect me to act like a librarian every once in awhile, those taskmasters! :roll:
ModBud #442
madtolive

Post by madtolive »

zombies are soo last week, you guys. :roll:
sunil: "And if you spend 40 dollars making a pizza then you sir are a retard."
ericalm: "No name calling, please. Maybe he's using truffles and top-grade meats."
Piedmont

Post by Piedmont »

madtolive wrote:zombies are soo last week, you guys. :roll:
Does this mean you'll trade panels with me?
coffeebrown

Post by coffeebrown »

I'm like you chancer....I'm here every few minutes throughout the day just to see what's going on.

Unfortunately, my scoot isn't ready yet (I was hoping I'd have it by last weekend) so I'm still just reading everyone's posts and learning tips for WHEN mine finally does arrive (new date-TODAY).

Polianarchy:

I am getting my scoot from Philadelphia Scooters - maybe I'll see you around town and we can hook up and ride. I'm sure you can learn me a few things. :wink:
bunny

Post by bunny »

So what are we afraid of this week?

Mutant worms? Rabid snakes (can snakes *get* rabies?) Disoriented doodle bugs? Hooded strangers? Masked men on horses? Goth girls with too much hair wax? Talking pigs? Educated spiders?

Let me know so I can prepare for the next invasion...

sotied

Post by sotied »

bunny wrote:
So what are we afraid of this week?

Mutant worms? Rabid snakes (can snakes *get* rabies?) Disoriented doodle bugs? Hooded strangers? Masked men on horses? Goth girls with too much hair wax? Talking pigs? Educated spiders?

Let me know so I can prepare for the next invasion...
If for once you guys would go to http://www.thingstoworryabout.com you would see what gets me worried and scared.

SERIOUSLY. It's a real site, not just a random sentence turned into a URL.

And by the way, sorry I wasn't online earlier. Had to add about 60 miles to my odometer to get closer to my first service on Thursday. Now I have approx. 360. Will need to add at least 140 by then, including the ride to Rhode Island.

I think I can do it if the weather is good.

Who wants to have lunch in Providence on Thursday while Javaspeed works on my scoot?
ericalm
Site Admin

Re: Where is everyone?

Post by ericalm »

chancerbeans13 wrote:Usually I am on here a every couple of minutes throughout the day to see what all the latest talk is. Today, there have been very few posts? Is everyone sick? :lol:
Well, you did post at 6:53 am my time. And I was up from 3-6 with insomnia...
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

Ah, awesome coffeebrown! I really love the Black Cat -- I've been dying to ride it! Where in Philly do you live? And most importantly, will you be at the rally?! http://hostilecitysc.org
ModBud #442
marsturm

Post by marsturm »

I put 109 miles on my Pamplona today!
maribell

Post by maribell »

Going to the grocery store and making a cheesecake for my friend (who is financing the baking :D ) afterward!
Syd

Post by Syd »

ericalm wrote:Well, you did post at 6:53 am my time. And I was up from 3-6 with insomnia...
I used to date a girl named insomnia. rimshot
The majority is always sane - Nessus
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Syd wrote:
ericalm wrote:Well, you did post at 6:53 am my time. And I was up from 3-6 with insomnia...
I used to date a girl named insomnia. rimshot
Want her back?
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
scoots4me

Post by scoots4me »

my company put the smackdown on some of our internet cruising throughout the day. SIGH. gotta love it.
*** scootie scoot scoot ***
coffeebrown

Post by coffeebrown »

polianarchy:

I am still waiting for my cat to arrive (actually it is at the dealer but not quite ready yet - Saturday definitley) so......anytime after Saturday, I should be ready to roll!!! YAY!!!!

Btw, I live in University City. I'm not sure I will be ready to take the ride with you guys since I have 0 experience. :(
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

coffeebrown, wellllllll...you can still come and hang out for a bit. There will be a variety of rides for all different skill levels, walking around the parking lot in slow circles staring at all the scooters and talking to their owners, fantastic deejays, punk rock karaoke, microbrew beer, Tastykake, an awesome tee-shirt.... I think you get the picture!

If you can't make it, then I'll see you around. :D
ModBud #442
madtolive

Post by madtolive »

i'm in the middle of having a big stinkin crush on my yoga instructor. please stop interrupting. :P
sunil: "And if you spend 40 dollars making a pizza then you sir are a retard."
ericalm: "No name calling, please. Maybe he's using truffles and top-grade meats."
Piedmont

Post by Piedmont »

polianarchy wrote:...Tastykake...
Bah! My one source for this magical, addictive substance has closed it's doors. A curse on the philosophy professor that introduced me to it. I have a feeling he knew damn good and well what he was doing.
coffeebrown

Post by coffeebrown »

polianarchy,

Sounds like a blast!!! I think I will drop by; if nothing else it would be great to see other scooterists and their scooters. Believe it or not, I haven't seen many in my part of town. I usually only see a bunch of them as I am getting close to the Philadelphia Scooter part of town. Bummer; I thought the UC folks would be scooterists.

Anyway....what do I need to do to sign up???
Sunil

Post by Sunil »

Ive been busy lately... Getting married! Going on a honeymoon tomorrow so Ill talk to you all later!
Scoot first, ask questions later.
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

coffeebrown, if you're going to ride and get the wristband for the free meals, drink specials, rally shirt & patch & TONNES of other goodies, then you'll need to sign up at http://hostilecitysc.org/registration/. If you're just planning on stopping by and hanging out for a bit, then just show up! I'll be the woman selling raffle tickets. :D

Okeh, see, I'm convinced that you'll start seeing 10x more scooters once you actually have yours and start riding around. Your [s]spidey[/s] scooter sense will become fully activated then! Whenever I'm riding around UPenn & Dregs Hell, I see a bunch of scooter riders. Also, the students are mostly gone now, right? You'll see more in September.
ModBud #442
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

Sunil wrote:Ive been busy lately... Getting married! Going on a honeymoon tomorrow so Ill talk to you all later!
CONGRATS Sunil!!! :D
ModBud #442
coffeebrown

Post by coffeebrown »

Great polianarchy! Thanks for the info; I will see you one way or another.

Sunil: Congratulations on the nuptials!!!
bfreed

Post by bfreed »

polianarchy wrote: Okeh, see, I'm convinced that you'll start seeing 10x more scooters once you actually have yours and start riding around. Your [s]spidey[/s] scooter sense will become fully activated then! Whenever I'm riding around UPenn & Dregs Hell, I see a bunch of scooter riders. Also, the students are mostly gone now, right? You'll see more in September.
Ah... You'd think so, but we "Dregs Hell"ions go(went) to school year-round. That's right - no summers off at Drexel. :-)

Although, to be fair the population is still a bit light, as seniors have graduated and Freshmen do get the first summer off.
bunny

Post by bunny »

I'm still impatiently waiting...

polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

Haha, bfreed, don't I know it. I got my Masters at Drexel in 2006. But still, there's a lot of students who don't attend the summer quarter. I, of course, was not one of them. *sigh*
ModBud #442
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Sunil wrote:Ive been busy lately... Getting married! Going on a honeymoon tomorrow so Ill talk to you all later!
Hey, congrats! When does the lucky lady (or, I suppose, gent is a possibility in CA now, too*) get a scooter?

* I say this not to illicit any comments on gay marriage but as a consideration. I have met Sunil and he seems like a good guy with a sharp Corazzo 5.0 jacket, but know nothing about his personal life. (He is, BTW, tall and rather good looking. I say this as a hetero male comfortable with saying such things. This is LA, after all.) So pleeeeeaaaaassssseee no comments/debating of gay marriage here. Thanks.
Sunil

Post by Sunil »

Thanks guys! The Lucky Lady will be on a scoot soon hopefully. She had a bad bike car incident a while back and is still a bit timid about 2 wheels so I dont want to force her. Shes interested in going to a parking lot and trying it out though. Id like for her to take the MSF course as well. I wish we had done it toghether. She likes riding on the back of my buddy, but I couldn't talk her in to riding away from the wedding on it. We might still fake some pictures at some point, Ill post them if we do.

Lol, nice disclaimer eric. I guess most scooterists look a bit gay...
Scoot first, ask questions later.
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

Like Paris in the spring, right?
ModBud #442
jmsmith802

Post by jmsmith802 »

still hangin' out in the hospital listening to music and modern buddy-ing lol 8) cant wait to get out and ride the scoot.