Poll for ready made blinker mod Y cables

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

How much would you be willing to pay for a set blinker mod Y cables?

Poll ended at Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:49 pm

$15
39%
$20
35%
$25
17%
$30
9%
$35
No votes

Total votes: 23

CesarsPapa

Poll for ready made blinker mod Y cables

Post by CesarsPapa »

:?: I'm thinking about putting an order together for the parts and tools required to make Y cables for the Blinker Mod. These cables would make doing the blinker mod truely plug and play. The advantage of using Y cables would be you could remove them and there would be no trace left of doing the blinker mod. Before I order the parts I wanted to see what kind of interest there would be in these cables if I were to make them up and sell them along with detailed instructions. Since to do them correctly would require investing in the tools to do the crimps correctly I figured I would make up cables to get my investment back and then maybe some scooting money. If you could purchase a set of these cables already made how much would you pay for them? Please answer the poll question attached or reply to me directly.
pcbikedude

Post by pcbikedude »

I've been wanting to do the mod but I do no have the time, tools or the patience to do it.
The scenery only changes for the lead scooterist.
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Took me 20 minutes to do my dad's pamplona, I did it with no tools, just a pair of siccors, and some electrical tape.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Since this isn't actually an items for sale, I'm moving to General Discussions, where it will get more views.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

I dont want to come off rude but I wouldnt pay anything over $5 for it, which probobly wouldnt be economically viable for an individual to make these. I was able to do mine in 20 min with $4 worth of stuff... I Like tinkering...

That being said... I know this, and any, electrical work really scares alot of people. And its hard for new buddy owners to make that first cut into the heart of their buddy... I could definately see plenty of people that would be interested, especially if there was no cutting involved at all. I am just not one of them.

Good Luck! :D
7eregrine

Post by 7eregrine »

$4.00 for parts and 20 minutes of my time or $15 for a 2 minute job? I'd buy some. ;)
Sunil

Post by Sunil »

I prefer to do it myself, but I think it would be great to have some mods like this on the market! 15 to 20 bucks. Just package it with a disclaimer stating you are not responsible if someone jacks up their scooters electrical system somehow.
Scoot first, ask questions later.
Lil Buddy

Post by Lil Buddy »

I looked into making a bunch of these myself. Decided the time vs. profit just wasn't worth it.

Feel free to rub it in my face if you make it big someday.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Motorsport sells a kit for the Vespa LX that does this for like $45. It includes new bulbs and a relay, though. I have to say the cost has prohibited me from buying it.

For the Bud, I'd shell out $20 for the cables and connectors.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
sotied

Post by sotied »

Have you made the kits yet?

The only thing stopping me is taking Scootle apart and not being able to put her back together.

And having an easy-to-use kit for this mod.

HURRY!!