Genuine Blur 150 Report Card!!

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

RunRun

Genuine Blur 150 Report Card!!

Post by RunRun »

Today was the big day for my Blur I took it on a 287 klm ride the sun was shinning nicely today. If there is one thing I can say about the Blur it's have no problem leading the traffic I was always out in front doing and 50 and 60 mph with ease. I took it on long highway where the speed limit was 50mph and express roads where the speed limit was 45mph as well.

While I was riding today I got so many waves I was getting tired of lifting my arm in the wind. This is where the Blur shine when other riders see you coming they can't help but think your riding a sport bike. When I stop at a red light one guy wanted to buy my Blur and it don't even have the license plate on it yet.

The 6 link shock in the middle is the best I have ever felt on scooter it soaks up bumps on the road, so smooth you can't feel it. Their was times when I thought it was going to be a rough bump the Blur just soaked it up making feel like I was safe. I think the 13" wheel have something to do with the smoothest of the ride as well their was no vibration from the bike at all just smooth

The brakes is very impressive they work so good it take no effort to get the Blur to come to a stop. I give the over all quality of the Blur 10 out of 10 that include performance as well. If you thinking about purchasing the Blur don't bother to hessate you know that old saying (your lose is someone else's gane) it's true when it come to the Genuine Blur 150.

Genuine Blur 150 Report Card "1 out of 10" Rating.

Front and Rear Brake----------------10
Front and Rear 13"wheels-----------10
acceleration from the line------------10
6 link middle shock-------------------10
Over all Design------------------------10

Best Regards,
Don
Don Cobb
Genuine Blur 150
Run 2006 Model
dahuffy

Post by dahuffy »

That's good to hear. Hubby has his Buddy on consignment and waiting to get a Blur himself.
"Cinderella is proof that a pair of shoes can change your life"
hangukhurley

Post by hangukhurley »

I wish I were tall enough! I sat on a Blur and my feet just dangled--didn't even come close to touching the ground. :cry:
- hangukhurley & Frenchy...Pretty in Pink!
dahuffy

Post by dahuffy »

Same here girlfriend :rofl:
"Cinderella is proof that a pair of shoes can change your life"
MrNatural

Post by MrNatural »

Saw them in the showroom last wk and one real downer is there is NO room for one's feet. If you wore size 10 or bigger there is just no room....Not sure what they were thinking.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

MrNatural wrote:...real downer is there is NO room for one's feet. If you wore size 10 or bigger there is just no room...
Do you wear boots when you ride? I didn't have that much problem with the foot room (and I wear a size 11), but I was wearing sneakers and I remember thinking the footspace might be tight if I were wearing boots. You're right that there's not a lot of space to move your feet around on the floorboard. When I got tired of the regular seating position, I would put my feet up one at a time on the slopped area on the legshield. I found that doing that relieved stress in my lower back. One other thing I did to change up the foot position was to ride "toes out" like I've seen folks do on the small vintage machines.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

(moved to the Blur Discussion forum)

Good post!
RunRun

Post by RunRun »

Hi John,

I don't wear boots and my foot size is only a 9 my height is 5.7" tall. when I sit on my Blur my feet doesn't set on the ground flat I'm on my tippy toes. For me the ride is great I think I seen on one of your post where you said a "picture is worth a thousand words". I'm to try to post some picture of me on my Blur and post some picture of my venture. I live in the Bay Area where the sun shine most of the time so I'll try to get in some ride time good pictures to share with the group.

jrsjr wrote:
MrNatural wrote:...real downer is there is NO room for one's feet. If you wore size 10 or bigger there is just no room...
Do you wear boots when you ride? I didn't have that much problem with the foot room (and I wear a size 11), but I was wearing sneakers and I remember thinking the footspace might be tight if I were wearing boots. You're right that there's not a lot of space to move your feet around on the floorboard. When I got tired of the regular seating position, I would put my feet up one at a time on the slopped area on the legshield. I found that doing that relieved stress in my lower back. One other thing I did to change up the foot position was to ride "toes out" like I've seen folks do on the small vintage machines.
Don Cobb
Genuine Blur 150
Run 2006 Model
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

I've heard a lot of people talking about the footroom... After riding vintage scooters, where you can move your feet around, it seems a bit restrictive, but it's fine. I wear size 11 and there's enough wiggle room to stretch and change position a little, it's not like your feet are locked in place.

For that matter, on a motorcycle your feet *are* locked in the same place all the time, so it's better than that! : )

Going back a few posts, The suspension seems a bit stiff to me. The front suspension is good, but the center/rear suspension doesn't seem to absorb bumps as well as a vintage scooter engine-as-swingarm. (though unlike a vintage scooter, it never bottoms out) It's probably because I'm heavy and I'm compressing it some myself, it'd be nice if you could adjust the preload.

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

illnoise wrote:I've heard a lot of people talking about the footroom... After riding vintage scooters, where you can move your feet around, it seems a bit restrictive, but it's fine. I wear size 11 and there's enough wiggle room to stretch and change position a little, it's not like your feet are locked in place.
Bryan,

Have you gotten your shoe caught on the legshield yet? That happened to me once when I was trying to be all cool and casual at a stoplight in Cleveland. After that, I started being less cool and a lot more careful. I really came close to eating pavement that time.

-John
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

jrsjr wrote:Have you gotten your shoe caught on the legshield yet?
No, but I could see how that could happen. I snagged my left heel on the kickstand once as I was lifting my feet off the ground and accelerating, that hurt.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

illnoise wrote:I snagged my left heel on the kickstand once as I was lifting my feet off the ground and accelerating, that hurt.
Ouch! I'd forgotten, I did that a bunch of times before I wised up. I also kept catching the leg of my pants on the side stand tang. Have you done that yet? That long tang slips up inside the leg of your pants then when you try to lift your foot up it gives you a jolt. :roll:
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

jrsjr wrote:Ouch! I'd forgotten, I did that a bunch of times before I wised up. I also kept catching the leg of my pants on the side stand tang. Have you done that yet? That long tang slips up inside the leg of your pants then when you try to lift your foot up it gives you a jolt. :roll:
That's what I did!

I always cuff my jeans (because it's 1986) and i got the cuff snagged and my foot rolled under the engine. Goodtimes!

Bb.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Ouch! I feel your pain. Have you driven off with the sidestand down yet? I primarily use the sidestand, so I quickly noticed that the Blur can be driven with the sidestand down. Of course, if anything can go wrong, well you know the story... Suffice to say that the first bump I hit with the sidestand down, well, I didn't need a cup of coffee after that to be awake and alert for the next couple hours. :roll:
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

jrsjr wrote:Have you driven off with the sidestand down yet?

!!!!!!!
OK, if i have a sidestand i'm blind, stupid, or retarded because everything i've seen says I should have one, but I've laid down on my back under the bike and I sure don't see a sidestand there. I got over it by telling myself that the US version doesn't have a sidestand, then here you come asking me about the sidestand. So maybe I am crazy...

I don't even like sidestands, so I'd never use it, but that's insane that your bike would have one and mine wouldnt...

Bb.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

illnoise wrote:...I've laid down on my back under the bike and I sure don't see a sidestand there.
Hey, that stand I had isn't DOT-legal, so that probably explains why you don't have one. :wink:

Post by 360 »

wuh???
Is a sidestand not the same as a kickstand?
how could not have one? does that mean you have to hike up your Blur on the centerstand everytime you park?

:?
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

360 wrote:wuh???
Is a sidestand not the same as a kickstand?
how could not have one? does that mean you have to hike up your Blur on the centerstand everytime you park?

:?
Yep. Most scoots do not come with sidestands. They tend to be somewhat unstable... a strong enough wind could probably knock over a Blur on a sidestand.

Post by 360 »

ok. so then, some of the Blurs don't have kickstands? hmm
well, mine does..and it seems pretty stable actually. But i'll keep that in mind.

So how many have them?
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

they all have centerstands (two feet with two mounting points. The foreign-market models also have a sidestand, like a bicycle kickstand. Some (most?) motorcycles have both, but the centerstand is generally much more stable.

Probably DOT forbids any bike with a CVT/auto transmission to have a sidestand, because if it's revved a little bit (or the idle is set too fast) with both wheels on the ground, it'd go flying. On a motorcycle, it'd be in neutral at idle, so the rear tire wouldn't spin. The centerstand lifts the rear wheel off the ground, so it's not a problem.

I'm guessing John's, since it was provided by Genuine for the Cannonball, was probably an earlier prototype before the big production run, or else dealers have been instructed to remove the sidestand during prep because Genuine found out after they arrived that the kickstand didn't meet DOT rules, and his wasn't because it was a demo or test model.

Bb.
Bryce-O-Rama

Post by Bryce-O-Rama »

illnoise wrote:Probably DOT forbids any bike with a CVT/auto transmission to have a sidestand, because if it's revved a little bit (or the idle is set too fast) with both wheels on the ground, it'd go flying. On a motorcycle, it'd be in neutral at idle, so the rear tire wouldn't spin. The centerstand lifts the rear wheel off the ground, so it's not a problem.
DOT just demands a safety interlock switch. You shouldn't be able to turn the bike on with the sidestand down.
- Bryce

Post by 360 »

illnoise wrote: Probably DOT forbids any bike with a CVT/auto transmission to have a sidestand, because if it's revved a little bit (or the idle is set too fast) with both wheels on the ground, it'd go flying. On a motorcycle, it'd be in neutral at idle, so the rear tire wouldn't spin. The centerstand lifts the rear wheel off the ground, so it's not a problem.

I'm guessing John's, since it was provided by Genuine for the Cannonball, was probably an earlier prototype before the big production run, or else dealers have been instructed to remove the sidestand during prep because Genuine found out after they arrived that the kickstand didn't meet DOT rules, and his wasn't because it was a demo or test model.

Bb.
I wonder how mine ended up with both then. I'm glad though, since I use the sidestand for the more short-term park and the center for the long parks (like at work or overnight).

...well, i'm glad as long as it's not a demo or test model.

Didn't realize that wasn't the norm.
RunRun

Post by RunRun »

My Blur came with both on it too.

Don
Don Cobb
Genuine Blur 150
Run 2006 Model
blurblaine

Post by blurblaine »

Mine has both stands and will start with the side stand down.
Blaine

The 'Nati
Blur 150
Sym RV250
http://www.blainekelley.com/scooters.html

orange is good ... except in the NFL!