Scooter Photo Scavenger Hunt Week 5: Your Scoot/History

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ScootLemont

Scooter Photo Scavenger Hunt Week 5: Your Scoot/History

Post by ScootLemont »

Scooter Photo Scavenger Hunt Week 5: Your Scoot & Some History
June 27th – July 3rd

Everyone is still welcome to jump in! (even if you havent played yet)

Next week it the birthday of the good old U.S. of A., so in her honor…

Your scooter with a local Historical Marker, Historic Building, Historic Landmark, or a Statue
(Please include a description with your photo post & PLEASE NO BS… the house you grew up in is not historical because you lived there, the local McDonalds is not historic because Lindsay Lohan ate there. (Sorry but NO ballparks, been there done that)

Your ENTIRE scooter must be in the pic!

Here are the points –

+1pt for the first photo posted (as always)
Edit: this is a point for the 1st person to submit their entry each week (not for the 1st time you play)

3 Points = Your Scooter with a Historical Marker, Historic Building, Historic Landmark, or a Statue
OrangeGuy has provided us a link to a website that should help a lot of you out http://www.hmdb.org/

+ 2pts if you are in the photo with your scooter – your entire body & entire scooter must be in the photo

+ 3pts if you are RIDING your scooter past the thing (riding, not sitting on your scooter – scooter must be in motion) (yes you get the other 2 points for being in the photo as well) (your entire scooter must be in the pic)
(No gear comments please! – Save those for the other threads – this is a gear neutral thread & if I could give points for nudity, I would)

+ 3pts for using a PROP (In front of a church? – are you wearing a pope hat? Dressed like an altar boy? At a civil war marker? – are you wearing a civil war uniform or holding a sword? At an old train station? – are you wearing a conductors hat? Are you just about anyplace in Missouri dressed like Mark Twain? (sorry… you can have more than one prop, but you only get 3 prop points no matter how many you have)
EDIT 6/28 5:20pm CST - the prop should have something to do with your photo subject

For the statue people…
+ 2pts if you are posing like the statue (yes you still get the other 2pts for being in the pic)

PLEASE do your own math & include you point total with your submission!!!! (if you don’t include your points, you don’t get them)

Thanks to OrangeGuy, sailortot, & alienmeatsack for suggestions that were incorporated into this week’s hunt.

General Rules for every week:
-A new photo subject added every Friday. Participants will have until the following Thursday to post their pic (taken that week)
-Only one photo may be submitted by each member for each week’s subject. (but if you get a better pic later in the week, PLEASE edit your original post note that you posted a better pic and note in the newer post that it is a replacement for a previous pic.
-Old photos you have lying around can NOT be used- they must be NEW photos taken the week the photo subject was posted
-10 BONUS POINTS (good anytime all summer) for a photo of you getting a ticket (photo must include your scooter & a cop writing the ticket) only one of these may be submitted per player. (Thanks to kazoo for the suggestion)
-No Photoshop submissions
-Prize? Sure, if we can figure out a way to do that, but the real prize will be bragging rights & all the fun we all had all summer.

Scooter Photo Scavenger Hunt!
What is it? - Every Friday a new photo subject is posted in gallery forum & it will be your job to go get a photo of your scooter with that subject.

When is it? - It was started May 30th & hopefully will run it all summer, finishing up Labor Day weekend. That will give us 14 photos to get.
Who? - EVERYONE is encouraged to participate, the more players the better! Some subjects will be easy & some will be more difficult. Some might be impossible for some people but do your best & participate when you can. Don’t worry if you didn’t get in at the start... just jump in anytime!

If anyone has any suggestions for photo subjects or on how to make this more fun, please post up or PM me.

Here is the video update
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj6Wh6BOky4

If you are just joining us, here is week 4
topic5257.html
week 3
topic4993.html
and weeks 1&2
topic4570.html

Ok.... drum roll please.....
Last edited by ScootLemont on Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:14 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Syd

Post by Syd »

This one is HARD! There's nothing old in Maricopa County, (see here). We bulldoze it to make way for a new housing development.

Do I get points for having the first post, even if it's not with a pic? <grin>
The majority is always sane - Nessus
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

Syd wrote:This one is HARD! There's nothing old in Maricopa County, (see here). We bulldoze it to make way for a new housing development.
You have a few things... http://tempehistoricalsociety.org/page19.html
jeeze... do I have to take the pic for you as well?
brape

Post by brape »

+1pt for the first photo posted (as always)

3 Points = Your Scooter with a Historic Building

+ 2pts if you are in the photo with your scooter – your entire body & entire scooter must be in the photo

+ 3pts if you are RIDING your scooter past the thing

+ 3pts for using a PROP (

12 points

Its the web dean stevens museams. The web house served as george washington's HQ for part of the revolutionary war. My prop is my dads dragooning helmet from when they used to do revolutionary war reenacting. I think there should be bouns points if your object is older then the country ;)
Last edited by brape on Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

Syd

Post by Syd »

ScootLemont wrote:... do I have to take the pic for you as well?
Wow! You'd do that?

Ericalm, this board is the BEST!
pretz_ruck

Post by pretz_ruck »

I wonder if the ac units are original
brape

Post by brape »

pretz_ruck wrote:Image

They need to control the humidity for the stuff thats in it :-P
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

Brape:
That puts you in 2nd place with a total of 40pts! (for now)
Nice work :)
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

pretz_ruck wrote:Image

Pretty sure the original was central A/C. Wonder why they switched to wall units. :P
UrbanBuddy82

Post by UrbanBuddy82 »

Dang!

If yall had done this one last week, I would have had a great picture of a church that was like 100 years old.

It isn't there anymore.
They Moved it...
get this...
FOR A JACK IN THE BOX!!!! :cry:
(my historical heart is broken)

Do I get points if I get in a picture of the ground where it used to be?
(there is still one of those cool Historical markers there)
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

UrbanBuddy82 wrote:It isn't there anymore.
They Moved it...
How far could they have moved it?
did they ship it to tempe arizona? - I hear they dont have anything old there - maybe Syd bought it so he could get points this week.
Note to Syd - the bonus points are for your scooter riding past the building... not the building riding past your scooter
UrbanBuddy82

Post by UrbanBuddy82 »

They moved it like 2 miles away, but it is not re-assembled yet.
It looks like a big heap of wood right now....
Sad too because it was a really pretty church.
I will get pictures of it (in its current condition) and of where it used to be.
Man, I have to work for this one.... :D
Christy

Post by Christy »

if the marker is still there you could still take the picture with the marker, right?
EPSP #76
Evans Performance

Post by Evans Performance »

i live in the oldest city in the country, this is going to be easy
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

Christy wrote:if the marker is still there you could still take the picture with the marker, right?
Sure... that would be a historical marker & that counts....
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

Evans Performance wrote:i live in the oldest city in the country, this is going to be easy
Really? you live in San Juan Puerto Rico? :wha:
StacyB

Post by StacyB »

Ooo! I'm excitied about this one! I know where I'm going and everything!!! Just have to think of a prop (hopefully one that won't get me arrested or shot).
Evans Performance

Post by Evans Performance »

ScootLemont wrote:
Evans Performance wrote:i live in the oldest city in the country, this is going to be easy
no, i live in st. augustine. i think they still call it the oldest city cause puerto rico isnt a state
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

Evans Performance wrote:
ScootLemont wrote:
no, i live in st. augustine. i think they still call it the oldest city cause puerto rico isnt a state

OOOOOO!!! :wha: Take THAT Puerto Rico!!!! :P
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

3 Points = Your Scooter with a Historical Marker, Historic Building, Historic Landmark, or a Statue- this is the oldest church in town and is registered as an historic building

+ 2pts if you are in the photo with your scooter – yep

+ 3pts if you are RIDING your scooter past the thing- yep

+ 3pts for using a PROP- I am holding a wooden cross :lol: since i'm at a church

= 11 points
for kicks
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

StacyB wrote:Ooo! I'm excitied about this one! I know where I'm going and everything!!! Just have to think of a prop (hopefully one that won't get me arrested or shot).
Great... cant wait to see your scoot on the grassy knoll.
I knew Oswald didnt act alone... there was a 2nd scooter!

ScooterTrash & brape:
These are the kinds of photos I was hoping for - great pics
Thanks for playing
sailortot

Post by sailortot »

wow. good photos so far. thats going to be hard to beat. i have a few places in mind, but im not sure which one i will visit yet.
Howardr

Post by Howardr »

This one is excellent! I can hardly wait. I just to get someone to go with me and take my picture. Ah.. the suspense.
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com
Christy

Post by Christy »

StacyB wrote:Ooo! I'm excitied about this one! I know where I'm going and everything!!! Just have to think of a prop (hopefully one that won't get me arrested or shot).
you and me might be considering the same thing, here...... it's gonna be hard to get a prop that won't get us in trouble (or one that won't be insensitive)
EPSP #76
kazoo

Post by kazoo »

Wall units were a back up in case the reactor went off line; then they'd be able to switch to indvidual units to conserve. I love the period No parking without representation sign.

Kaz

". . . I'll let it drop there." ECS

jmazza wrote:
pretz_ruck wrote:

Pretty sure the original was central A/C. Wonder why they switched to wall units. :P
bunny

Post by bunny »

Christy wrote:
you and me might be considering the same thing, here...... it's gonna be hard to get a prop that won't get us in trouble (or one that won't be insensitive)
darned if we *ALL* didn't have the same idea...

HEY! IF we got all three of us in the same shot with props and everything, could we DFW gals get BONUS points? Seriously...if I can get Bonheur by Tuesday night, I'd be up for some photo shooting (pun intended) before Thursday's deadline!

I know of some fun props to use that wouldn't get us in trouble, either!
Yes, it's fast. No, you can't ride it.

Christy

Post by Christy »

bunny wrote:darned if we *ALL* didn't have the same idea...

HEY! IF we got all three of us in the same shot with props and everything, could we DFW gals get BONUS points? Seriously...if I can get Bonheur by Tuesday night, I'd be up for some photo shooting (pun intended) before Thursday's deadline!

I know of some fun props to use that wouldn't get us in trouble, either!
I'm available on wednesday during the day...otherwise I'm going to be in that area tomorrow scooting so I'm going to take a pic or two and see if I can get something usable...I won't post until Thursday in case we are able to get together. :)
EPSP #76
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

Sweet quoting/posting order there, Kaz. I like it. I'm going to start putting the quotes below my post that refers to the quotes. I like it!
kazoo wrote:Wall units were a back up in case the reactor went off line; then they'd be able to switch to indvidual units to conserve. I love the period No parking without representation sign.

Kaz

". . . I'll let it drop there." ECS

jmazza wrote:
pretz_ruck wrote:

Syd

Post by Syd »

ScootLemont wrote:...did they ship it to tempe arizona? - I hear they dont have anything old there - maybe Syd bought it so he could get points this week...
Ouch! that hurts!
:rofl:
addictionriot

Post by addictionriot »

I wanna play :cry: :cry: I see great photos every week but I forget my camera..
brape

Post by brape »

Christy wrote:
my dad wanted me to use his sward for a prop.... meaning he wanted me to ride down the street brandishing a sward.

and if you think you get a lot of looks on a scooter, try rideing around with a funky looking helmet on.
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

brape wrote:
Christy wrote:
my dad wanted me to use his sward for a prop.... meaning he wanted me to ride down the street brandishing a sward.

and if you think you get a lot of looks on a scooter, try rideing around with a funky looking helmet on.
Try riding around a church and mortuary brandishing a wooden cross :twisted:
UrbanBuddy82

Post by UrbanBuddy82 »

Christy, Bunny and StacyB,
I know I am not a scootergal (beings how Im a guy)
But I would love to get in on it with yall...
see how many scoots we could get in the same picture.... :lol:

let me know when yall go!
Christy

Post by Christy »

UrbanBuddy82 wrote:Christy, Bunny and StacyB,

hey dallas riders!
I have to work this afternoon so I cant get downtown today or tomorrow but my schedule has opened up a little this week. I'll be available during the day (afternoons) this week (mon-thurs)...assuming of course that it's not going to rain. PM me and I'll shoot my cell # to ya if you're also available those times. let's try to help each other out with the pictures.
EPSP #76
StacyB

Post by StacyB »

Christy wrote:
UrbanBuddy82 wrote:Christy, Bunny and StacyB,

hey dallas riders!
I have to work this afternoon so I cant get downtown today or tomorrow but my schedule has opened up a little this week. I'll be available during the day (afternoons) this week (mon-thurs)...assuming of course that it's not going to rain. PM me and I'll shoot my cell # to ya if you're also available those times. let's try to help each other out with the pictures.
It might be hard to get this organized, but I'll see what I can do with my schedule. Christy PM'd you my cell. Bunny/Urban will send it to you as well.
UrbanBuddy82

Post by UrbanBuddy82 »

I FIGURED IT OUT!!!

I know what our prop can be.
If yall can, bring a video camera with you. it is perfect and it won't get us shot!
suitupscooter

Post by suitupscooter »

still waiting on my scooter to arrive. they bumped it back another 2 weeks...so hopefully by the 16th!!

just wanted to let you guys know that i'm enjoying viewing your pics and that this week looks like a lot of fun. can't wait to see what you guys all come up with!

have fun and happy scooting!
OScoot!

Post by OScoot! »

Photo withdrawn.....
Last edited by OScoot! on Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Christy

Post by Christy »

OScoot! wrote:So what are you guys gonna disqualify this week? :roll:
not you thats for sure. that is completely awesome!!!!
EPSP #76
StacyB

Post by StacyB »

OSCOOT! Awesome job!!!!!!!!!!
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

OScoot! wrote:
So what are you guys gonna disqualify this week? :roll:
Since you asked I think the prop is supposed to relate to the monument, awesome pic though :o
Christy

Post by Christy »

ScooterTrash wrote:Since you asked I think the prop is supposed to relate to the monument, awesome pic though :o
civil war general = patriot = proudly displaying flag?
EPSP #76
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

OScoot! wrote:So what are you guys gonna disqualify this week? :roll:
I dont think General Stuart would be happy with the American Flag.... but we will take it for your effort
And yes.... the intent is that the prop has something to do with what you are in the photo with - but the rules dont say that specifically

But if you are willing to take the point for this... and not go back and get another pic with a prop that would be appropriate for a confederate general.... I guess we can let it slide.
I am sure everyone else wont be tooo hard on you... for cutting corners.... :lol:
Good pic
thanks for playing
Last edited by ScootLemont on Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

Christy wrote:
ScooterTrash wrote:Since you asked I think the prop is supposed to relate to the monument, awesome pic though :o
He was a captain and her flag has to many stars :lol:
Christy

Post by Christy »

ScooterTrash wrote:
Christy wrote:
i could have sworn wiki said he was a major general. oh well. either way most people don't have a rebel flag sitting around their house...
EPSP #76
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

Christy wrote:
ScooterTrash wrote:
Christy wrote: civil war general = patriot = proudly displaying flag?
i could have sworn wiki said he was a major general. oh well. either way most people don't have a rebel flag sitting around their house...
not a rebel flag as he was part of the north, I meant there weren't 50 states back then
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

I just edited the rules....
EDIT 6/28 5:20pm CST - the prop should have something to do with your photo subject
But this counts as the rules were not clear (I guess)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J.E.B._Stuart
James Ewell Brown "Jeb" Stuart (February 6, 1833 – May 12, 1864) was an American soldier from Virginia and a Confederate States Army general during the American Civil War.
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

Christy wrote: either way most people don't have a rebel flag sitting around their house...
Yeah... I am sure the Stars & Bars are hard to find in Virginia

And I do want to give ScootTrash props for riding around with a cross
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

ScootLemont wrote:I just edited the rules....
But this counts as the rules were not clear (I guess)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J.E.B._Stuart
James Ewell Brown "Jeb" Stuart (February 6, 1833 – May 12, 1864) was an American soldier from Virginia and a Confederate States Army general during the American Civil War.
I should have checked Wiki :shock: , I failed history