buddy Int'l. price + tags, lic, dlr prep...

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ko57

buddy Int'l. price + tags, lic, dlr prep...

Post by ko57 »

I'm wondering if this is similar to other's experience in the price of a new Buddy. The dealer's price on an International is 2999 (I've noticed its 3099 at Genuine's site...understanding a dealer might have a bit of leeway, etc.). The tax in my parish (county) is 9.7%, so +9.7% tax, license, notary, dealer prep, (shipping maybe?) the price goes up to 3835.31 out the door.

Is this in the ballpark for what others have paid for their scoots, after all the add on charges? I went back & forth from a Buddy Int'l to the Stella, but after the added on fees & taxes, wow! I'm familiar with this, my father had a dealership years ago. The Stella starts at $3499 and out the door is $4350. I'm not trying to be nosey about what people are spending just wondering if this sounds about right in other states for some of you other owners. If so, no big deal just wondering, and saving some moolah for the scoot (it will be a while.... :)
tdaley26

Post by tdaley26 »

Hey, I see you are in Louisiana just like I am..... I bought my buddy at Big easy scooters in new orleans... is that where you went?

Your price sounds about right.... I got a 150 cc pamploma for about that. That was about 3 weeks ago.... I have already put about 400 miles on it.

Of course, that doesnt answer your question about other parts of the country
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Sounds about right since you tax is higher, and right now with the way scooters are selling before they even touch dealer floors, you better get it!
kmetta

Post by kmetta »

mmmmm i love NH

Tax free.. WOOO

2750 out the door for my 2008 125, plus 50 for reg.
kmetta

Post by kmetta »

.... sorry for gloating.
fiver1971

Post by fiver1971 »

I just paid $3,526.00 out the door for my new Buddy '08 Italia 150cc at EcoMoto in SLC, UT. I thought that was a great deal, considering the price of hte Buddy versus a Vespa, HOWEVER whenever someone asks me what I paid for my scoot and I tell them, they think it's a lot. I blame all the cheap Chinese imports that sell for approximately $1k all of the place.
addictionriot

Post by addictionriot »

jfrost2 wrote:Sounds about right since you tax is higher, and right now with the way scooters are selling before they even touch dealer floors, you better get it!
True
When we went in to put a deposit on the second Intl the dealer raised the price $100 even though we had bought from them just a few weeks ago.. Needless to say that is NOT why we didnt get it. (*grumbles :twisted: ) "We" decided to get a motorcycle instead.
SA_Pamploma

Post by SA_Pamploma »

$3707, out the door...listed for $3095..He handle registration and mailed me my plates.

Since then, the list has gone up to $3195...Supply and demand.

Joel
ko57

Post by ko57 »

I was thinking in terms of how the price jumps approximately 21-22% for the International and the Stella. He did say he was out of Buddys right now, he did have Stellas in stock. When I do have the money I'll probably go and put a deposit on one and if they have to order it when it comes in I'll pay for it.
That will be a while (a few months) from now, so I'll do with some brochures for now :twisted:. When I finally do get it I will post. Thanks for the information.
ko57

Post by ko57 »

Yes, considering a Vespa...the Buddys and Stellas are a good deal. I'm sure people will think I paid allot when I've finally gotten mine. But they are fun to drive, like one poster said, it's like having a mini-vacation when they are riding theirs.
The last time I had one was back in '88, that Honda Spree (50cc & red) and it was my mode of transportation, rain or shine, winter & summer back in Phoenix AZ. I loved riding it even though I got a few 1 finger salutes as some people would pass me on the road while I was doing a whopping 31-34mph :lol: "Back to ya'!"
bunny

Post by bunny »

I was told last month that Genuine was planning a price hike of $100, so that doesn't bother me.
Yes, it's fast. No, you can't ride it.

mo1981

Post by mo1981 »

That's just about the identical price for my Italia @ Vespa Ft Worth.
armacham

Post by armacham »

I'm paying about 3740 OTD and that includes a windshield with installation, tax, title and registration, so that sounds about right.

If I break it down, it was

3199 for the scoot
151 for title and registration
90 bucks for the windshield
30 for installation
+266 tax
jonhen

Post by jonhen »

I paid $3,3396.94 out the door at Scooter Superstore in Hollywood, FL. That was the scooter itself, tax, dealer prep, and delivery. It did not include tags or any other state license fees; those are / will be charged separately.

Mine is a 2008 Buddy 150cc Series Italia (the green two-tone).
jonhen

Post by jonhen »

Ooops, one two many "3"s. Above post should read: $3,396.94
ko57

Post by ko57 »

"Hey, I see you are in Louisiana just like I am..... I bought my buddy at Big easy scooters in new orleans... is that where you went?"

Hey tdaley26, yes, I called them (didn't go just yet), they seem like cool people, spoke with Dwayne on the phone, and they've answered my emails. I mentioned earlier-can't buy just yet but I will buy from them when I do.

The price jump seemed a bit up there, I understand about taxes, license, registration, pre-delivery inspection, there just seemed to be an unexplained $200 somewhere, but I realize these are selling well.?. Glad you are enjoying your scooter, tdaley26 (and the rest of you...).
Peby01

Post by Peby01 »

I just picked up my International yesterday and it was roughly $3,800 OTD. (taxes, tags, prep inc) I wasn't offered any deals :cry: but they are hard to come by so I really didn't expect any!
Yesterday may have sucked but TODAY IS MY LUCKY DAY!!!!
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Back then (early this spring) a deal could easily be snagged, but during this time, the only internationals were a italia 125. Now just a few months later, and scooters flying out the door because of gas prices, anything is a good deal.
smb174

Post by smb174 »

You guys really pay a lot on your scooters in US.....

I got my BUBU125(same as BUDDY in US) in Taiwan for $1200(including insurance, tax, reg and license).............

I have lived in St.Louis for 3 years before.............
audrey

Post by audrey »

I just got my Italia 150 this weekend and it was $3629.00 including the back rack, top case, crash bars, tag, taxes, shipping, set-up, etc.
Glen G

Pricing

Post by Glen G »

My Dealer puts the price right on the scooters. Buddy '08 125 OTD $2800. Think the international was $200-$400 more.

I had a Yamaha dealer and Vespa dealer pull the Tax, tag, title extra $1200 deal ...Ridenow.com (That's all to negotiate) This is totally why I bought the buddy at my dealer, it was priced right, OTD, not hidden fees, etc.

As I'm thinking about buying a second buddy, just checked. They said they have no plans on raising prices. I think anyone that would be foolish enough to jack up prices just because of this little bump in sales would just upset customers. But god bless them if they can.

G
pcbikedude

Post by pcbikedude »

I don't think demand has driven the price up on the Buddy as much as the loss of the value of the dollar vs. other currencies over the past year.
The scenery only changes for the lead scooterist.