Did I miss something?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Corsair

Did I miss something?

Post by Corsair »

I'm sure I'm more than late on this one but what's up with this:

170cc Big Bore kit GY6 125/150
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Those are all over the internet. That is a big bore kit to increase the displacement of some GY6 based engines to 170cc. That catch? From everything I've heard or seen, it will not work with PGO's version of the GY6 (but it will work with the Kymco, if anyone's interested...). And if you find one that did, the engine would have to be entirely disassembled because the crankcase needs to be machined out to fit the larger cylinder size. Look at the service manual for either the Blur or the Buddy. I believe there's a drawing or picture somewhere that shows the crankcase without the cylinder in place. Note how close the I.D. of the hole for the cylinder comes to the mounting studs. Now look at how close the O.D. of that big bore kit cylinder is to the mounting stud holes are. That's the reason for the machine work. Now, if you do find a kit that would work in our bikes, 1) let us know about it and 2) make sure it's made in Taiwan or Japan, not China. :D
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

See what happens when you have to work for a living... man I'm out of touch LOL

Thanks for the heads up.