Buddy 150?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Guff

Buddy 150?

Post by Guff »

Hello all. I am new to the forums and new to scootering. I am looking to buy my first scooter. I live in central PA where it is a bit hilly. I am a little under 6 foot and about 225 pounds. Is a Buddy 150 going to be enough power for all the variables I just listed? I am not really interested in much highway use. I basically want to commute back and forth to work and also recreational riding. My main concern is climbing hills at 35-45 mph. Thanks for any help or suggestions.
Peby01

Post by Peby01 »

Hi! I just picked up my 150 yesterday and my hubby had to jump on the back (he is 220lbs) with me. We didn't have any problems. Not to mention that the Internationals are awesome looking!
Yesterday may have sucked but TODAY IS MY LUCKY DAY!!!!
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Yep, the 150 sounds right to you, but you might even consider the 125 since you are lighter than most members. But if you like the power and colors of the 150, go for it!

Also, highway use isnt recommended on most scooters unless you have 200-250cc. Even many motorcycle riders refuse to use the highway because of trucks and their deadly wind which can blow you away.

If you can find a 150, go get it, they're selling out before they even touch dealer floors. If you havent got your temps yet, you should get them, that way when you get your bike, you can legally ride. And dont forget insurance!
fiver1971

Post by fiver1971 »

You'll have no problems at all. I weigh in around 270'ish right now and have had my 150 Buddy Italia going up to 60 mph. Even when going up a hill I can get it to accelerate to past 45 mph. I'm sure at your weight you'll have no problems at all. Good luck on the purchase.