Seat Issues

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

GenuineSlacker

Seat Issues

Post by GenuineSlacker »

Well a day or so after I got my buddy home I started having problems opening my seat cubby (hereby reffered to as my puppy warmer). It locks fine and I can still open it by lifting when I turn the key. My only problem is the lock doesn't seem to want to release without a little lifting pressure. Tried WD40, let me know if anyone knows of any easy fix to this problem.
"Angels who are forced from heaven have no choice but to become demons." - Vicious
avidgirl

Post by avidgirl »

This seems to be a common problem with the Buddy scooters. I know that there was a fix discussed here so try the search feature using "latch" or "seat". I can't remember specifics but it seems like the cable loses tension and needs to be tightened.

Congrats on your new Buddy!
Leigh

Creme Buddy 125
brat

Post by brat »

vitaminC

Post by vitaminC »

That was one of the things fixed at my service today. Glad to see it's an easy fix should it become an issue again!
GenuineSlacker

Post by GenuineSlacker »

Yeah thanks for the help guys. I fixed it, then as soon as i got the cowl cap back on it wouldnt work, so i did it again, removed my headlights, had to fix it again and its been working fine since, almost 3 hours WOO
"Angels who are forced from heaven have no choice but to become demons." - Vicious