More Buddies Scooting as gas goes up

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

OkieBuddy

More Buddies Scooting as gas goes up

Post by OkieBuddy »

I am seeing more and more Buddies and other scooters, all the time. I think it is great, now we need some parking places!

I get excited, when I see a scooter driving down the road, but when I see or "hear" a motorcycle, they all seem the same, ordinary, a dime a dozen!

:shock:

My scooter dealer cannot keep Buddies and other scooters on the show room floor or for demos, they come in and go out, people are ordering them and having to wait a week or two for delivery!

Long live the Scooter...ers!
Jim
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

yeah i am seeing more out also... i think alot of it is also having to do with how nice the weather has been here lately... people dont ride in the rain here... :P sissies... :wink:
anndelise

Post by anndelise »

MikieTaps wrote:yeah i am seeing more out also... i think alot of it is also having to do with how nice the weather has been here lately... people dont ride in the rain here... :P sissies... :wink:
At least the rain would keep the pollen counts down!!!
THEN I could ride... :cry:
The scootering section of my blog: http://anndelise.wordpress.com/category/scootering/
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

with the rising popularity of scooters prepare to get screw by your local government. You know they're going to make it terribly more expensive and difficult to own one.
anndelise

Post by anndelise »

Corsair wrote:with the rising popularity of scooters prepare to get screw by your local government. You know they're going to make it terribly more expensive and difficult to own one.
yeah, this is what worries me.
there'll be many accidents and lots of breaking of traffic laws as people don't educate themselves on the rules for scooters.
a number of pedestrians will get hurt, a number of parked cars will get rammed into, too many close calls to count, bicycle parking blocked, and probably even wheel chair ramps blocked.

actions and laws will come into effect that will put in a bias against scooters, etc. :x

However, MayBe, it'll be good incidences and positive outreach to educate new scooter owners/riders before the negative stuff overrides the positive stuff, and MayBe scooters will get their own lanes on roads, and MayBe eventually there'll only be one car lane with lots of scooter lanes and a couple of bicycle lanes...and it'll be cars that are the odd ducks out.

Wha?? I can dream can't I??? 8)
The scootering section of my blog: http://anndelise.wordpress.com/category/scootering/
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

Same story here in Tulsa. Dealers cannot keep ANY scooter in stock, it seems! Most people seem to be riding pretty well but a few folks have that "mobile coffin" look and ride like idiots! :shock:
Robert Wayne Henderson (May 16, 1932 - July 28, 2009).