MSF issues...they said *I* cancelled my class this weekend!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

bunny

MSF issues...they said *I* cancelled my class this weekend!

Post by bunny »

*note* I am still waiting on a response

My SIL and her husband wanted a scooter, when they found out I wanted one too, we decided to take the MSF together. They paid for my class as an early birthday present. This was beginning of June. I called to let them know we needed three scoots and was told they had two at this site and woudl make arrangements to get the third. I woudl get a phone call to let me know. The class is this weekend. Hadn't heard from them,so I called Monday-left message. Tuesday-left message. Finally got through last night at ten till closing.

According to them, *I* cancelled. :shock: And the guy seemed none too concerned about it until I told him that THREE classes had been paid for on the SAME credit card. And even then, his attitude was like, well you won't be able to get into another class till August cuz we're all booked till then. I explained the only acceptable resolution was to put me back in the class as I had NOT cancelled. He didn't seem responsive. And then told me he would have to call me back. i asked if I would receive a call that evening and he said no, it would be tomorrow.

So I called this morning at 9. Another person helped me. After I explained the situation, she researched it. Finally told me she had to wait for her supervisor to come in because she needed to know how to fix it. I reiterated that the only acceptable resolution was me in this weekend's class on a scooter. The other side is that my BFF decided to take the class with me as well, so now there are FOUR people signed up because of me.

She told me I would receive a call back within the hour letting me know what is happening. I just fear if the supervisor is the guy I talked to last night, I will have to get ugly. He really acted as if it was no big deal that I was cancelled in house and wouldn't get my money back nor be able to take the class till August...

This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Truly. And I even cancelled an AOL account a few years ago. This tops that in spades.

I know it might be resolved to my satisfaction, I'm just so frustrated by this. And it just brings out the worst in me.
Yes, it's fast. No, you can't ride it.

hackett

Post by hackett »

Give 'em hell, bunny.
"The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body." --HST
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Keep in mind, that if you're taking a state-subsidized class, you're talking to people who are most likely volunteers or getting paid very little and helping to teach/organize the classes because of their love of motorcycles and safety, not for financial gain. They're dealing with a shoestring budget and a skeleton crew of volunteers, and they're probably even more overwhelmed than usual with the huge increase in m/c and scooter sales this year.

If it's a professional for-profit motorcycle school, then yeah, that's pretty inexcusable.

In either case, you'll probably catch more flies with sugar, or whatever they say. *Demanding* things never seems to pan out for people on this list. : )

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
bunny

Post by bunny »

It is a professional for profit MSF school, so yes, totally unaceptable service from the guy last night...

Today, however, is a better day. She just called back to tell me not only will I be IN the class that starts tomorrow, I will be on a SCOOTER. She apologized for the inconvenience and mistake, that it was an internal error and not something that happened on my part (well, duh).

YAY! (I need a smiley that throws confetti)

Now if I could just get a phone call from my dealer...

But that leads me to another question...

If the class was full already, how can they put me back in the class without booting someone out? Isn't there a sutdent/teacher ratio maximum?
Yes, it's fast. No, you can't ride it.

illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Cool, glad to hear it. Maybe they just called someone else and told them the same thing they told you originally?
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

bunny wrote:If the class was full already, how can they put me back in the class without booting someone out? Isn't there a sutdent/teacher ratio maximum?
They could have had a cancellation or could have moved someone to another instructor or something like that. There were 2 or 3 classes going on the same time I took mine.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
louie

Post by louie »

i'm glad you got it all worked out. i look forward to hearing how it goes on the scooter.
buddyboop

Post by buddyboop »

Good luck on your class this weekend and Congrats on getting it fixed. :clap: :clap:
StacyB

Post by StacyB »

Have fun and learn lots at the class!!!
scootermama

i got booted from class

Post by scootermama »

Bunny ~

Glad you got back into the class and that they got a scooter for you!! Keep us posted on how it goes.
runtotorun121

Post by runtotorun121 »

Congratulations on getting everything resolved! I can only imagine how excited you are to be able to take your class ON A SCOOTER! :) Now you are going to be all ready for the impending arrival of Bonheur.
*hunted and hunted for a smiley with confetti, but couldn't find one! So this will have to do :(*

ImageImage
~Celebrate~
anndelise

Post by anndelise »

ericalm wrote:
bunny wrote:If the class was full already, how can they put me back in the class without booting someone out? Isn't there a sutdent/teacher ratio maximum?
They could have had a cancellation or could have moved someone to another instructor or something like that. There were 2 or 3 classes going on the same time I took mine.
hopefully they didn't move any of the people who signed up to take the class with her. :shock:
The scootering section of my blog: http://anndelise.wordpress.com/category/scootering/
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

*thinking positively*
Maybe it was just a simple matter of fixing the computer error, as in the class capacity was X and the computer thought it was X minus 1. I hope that was the case...it would mean no one else had to be shuffled.
addictionriot

Post by addictionriot »

This happened to me twice :( now I have to wait until the end of August
greencountry

Post by greencountry »

bunny wrote:Today, however, is a better day. She just called back to tell me not only will I be IN the class that starts tomorrow, I will be on a SCOOTER. She apologized for the inconvenience and mistake, that it was an internal error and not something that happened on my part (well, duh).
Did you tell her about the a-hole you spoke with the night before, at that point? Whenever I'm in these crappy-customer-service situations I always bite my tongue until if/when I get what's fair (the whole "sugar attracts flies better than" whatever it is), and after they give me what I want, I get everything off my chest.

Congrats on the good result! :)