Happy Birthday America!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

irishtim

Happy Birthday America!

Post by irishtim »

You look great for 232! Congratulations to the multitudes of immigrants who become citizens today. You are still the land of opportunity.

OH,PA,IN,WV,KY,TN,WI,MI,SC,ON,BDA
runtotorun121

Post by runtotorun121 »

Image Image

Image Image
Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend for those who are celebrating the 4th of July.
~Celebrate~
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

Celebrate the 4th by taking a photo of your scooter with a flag or fireworks & posting it in the Scavenger Hunt
topic5811.html
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Yeah, what's everyone doing on the forum? Go ride!

I tried to post a link to my favorite song of the holiday: X's cover of Dave Alvin's "4th of July." Couldn't find a decent one. But there it is. Lots of covers of this one out there, but theirs remains my fave.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

Happy Birthday to the United States of America!!!

God Bless all those currently in harms way. Thank you to all who are serving and have served to keep this country free and prosperous.

But most of all, I thank those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice for our freedoms. And always remember those who have been wounded severely and will never be the same. We cannot repay you for your sacrifice, but we can at least acknowledge it and thank you.

I am an American and I am thankful every day of my life for it. I was born and raised overseas. I have lived and worked around the world my whole life. I know how lucky and blessed we are. We need to always remember how fortunate we are.

God Bless America!
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Wow, I've been listening to that song since it came out, and I never knew it was a Dave Alvin cover! Now I wanna hear the original.

Here's just John Doe doing it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgzruM7g24w

I like Galaxie 500's Fourth of July, too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBltRtYCws8

And here's our first firework last night (couldn't wait until today)
http://www.dailymotion.com/2strokebuzz/ ... eth_people

And just to bring it all home, here's Billy Zoom of X with his scooter:
http://www.billyzoom.com/gallery/zoom_gallery_39.html

His Vespa Allstate that he posed with on the back cover of Wild Gift sold on eBay a few years ago.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
scooterdyke

4th of July

Post by scooterdyke »

A group of us rode in Lakewood's parade representing POC. Phil was awesome driving the tangerine Stella with MRod in the sidecar doing wheelies and riding in tight :clap: circles!! Great ride, proud to ride with POC.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

illnoise wrote:I like Galaxie 500's Fourth of July, too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBltRtYCws8
My other favorite. I just read Dean Wareham's oddball memoir. Still love his music but have the impression we wouldn't exactly be best friends in real life.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
BoneGirl

Parade

Post by BoneGirl »

Sometimes you just have to get out there and show the world your Buddy is as American as it gets! This is from a 4th of July Parade I participated in last year:

irishtim

Post by irishtim »

k1dude wrote: God Bless all those currently in harms way. Thank you to all who are serving and have served to keep this country free and prosperous.

But most of all, I thank those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice for our freedoms. And always remember those who have been wounded severely and will never be the same. We cannot repay you for your sacrifice, but we can at least acknowledge it and thank you.
+1
OH,PA,IN,WV,KY,TN,WI,MI,SC,ON,BDA
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

ericalm wrote:My other favorite. I just read Dean Wareham's oddball memoir. Still love his music but have the impression we wouldn't exactly be best friends in real life.
Yeah, a lot of my favorite bands don't seem like they'd be much fun to hang out with.

Just set our yard on fire and then hung out with the neighbors in the alley watching our kids go feral with Capri Sun and sparklers while we emptied all the liquor bottles we could find. It was a magical night. God bless America, and I'm not even being sarcastic.

Yep, I'm tanked.

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.