SFSC on Oct 14th

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

vitaminC

SFSC on Oct 14th

Post by vitaminC »

I'll be taking my Buddy to SFSC Saturday morning for a service, so if anyone is in the area stop by and say hi! I'm hoping to get there as close to 10am as possible, and the service will take ~1.5 hours- since I'll be wearing my riding boots I probably won't wander too far away on foot while waiting. Afterwards I may grab some lunch before heading back down the Peninsula via the scenic route. And if anyone wants to join me for any part of the ride, that would be great, too!

Unfortunately, it sounds like they still don't have any windshields! :evil: I know Barry doesn't like them, but he should stock them anyway...
paige

Post by paige »

Brat got a windshield from Barry. Not that he has them now, but he did at some point. The San Francisco Scooter Girls have an event near SOMA on Saturday during the day, maybe we could meet for coffee or something.
jaded

Post by jaded »

paige wrote:The San Francisco Scooter Girls have an event near SOMA on Saturday during the day, maybe we could meet for coffee or something.
I believe that's Sunday, if you're talking about the calendar thing.
brat

Post by brat »

I don't see anything for SFSG for the 14th or 15th. There are calendar shots on Sunday, but they are not really a public event.

I am up to doing lunch. Can we get a head count?

Sorry I am not up for more. Got to get the house ready for new kitchen cabinets coming Tuesday!! WOOT!!!

Susan
hermitgirl

Post by hermitgirl »

I was just up there for my first service today! Took about an hour, so I went and grabbed some lunch. Wish I'd known you were heading there this weekend, vitaminC!
vitaminC

Post by vitaminC »

hermitgirl wrote:I was just up there for my first service today! Took about an hour, so I went and grabbed some lunch. Wish I'd known you were heading there this weekend, vitaminC!
How was the trip up and back? I'm sure Barry would be happy to see you again! :wink:

An hour for the service would be nice, though perhaps it will be a bit more crowded Sat morning.
jaded

Post by jaded »

brat wrote:I don't see anything for SFSG for the 14th or 15th. There are calendar shots on Sunday, but they are not really a public event.
Susan
I think that's what she was talking about, that we were going to be in the area anyway and could meet up But, it's Sunday not Saturday.
:wink:
paige

Post by paige »

I spaced on the difference between Saturday, the day after Friday, and Sunday, the day before Monday. I was thinking that we would be in the area, we could have coffee. Sorry. I guess I am not around. :shock:
hermitgirl

Post by hermitgirl »

vitaminC wrote: How was the trip up and back? I'm sure Barry would be happy to see you again! :wink:

An hour for the service would be nice, though perhaps it will be a bit more crowded Sat morning.

It wasn't too bad! El Camino Real was fine, until just past San Mateo when the road got crummy. And don't get me started on the potholes in SF! I took the Airport -> Bayshore -> Bay Shore route, if you're coming from Palo Alto, I'm figuring you will as well. That stretch is very nice visually, just be sure to keep one eye out for potholes and cracks in the asphalt beginning around there and into Portrero/SF.

The trip back to San Jose was long, but that's because I hit rush hour on the way back. Oh! And Barry was a doll- he included a little pack of scooter magnets I fell in love with free of charge with my service bill. ;) They are now zooming on my fridge.

I'll see what I can manage with coming up again Sat. :)
hermitgirl

Post by hermitgirl »

So... it looks like Saturday will be a necessity- Today I had a sporty red cage RIGHT on my tail as I was coming up a hill, about to turn left into a gravel parking lot. I tried to cut a little closer in my turn, since this guy was seriously close, and my back wheel kicked out, spilling me to the left. Luckily I crashed into the parking area, not the road. However...

The left mirror is shattered. There are scratches all along the left side. The worst is the left brake lever- completely snapped. I've mentioned before that the Buddy is my only means of transportation, so I'm just thankful it's still able to be operated. (Especially since I have to drive it two hours up tomorrow for service)

I called SFSC, they said to bring it in around 11 tomorrow, VitaminC. So I WILL be there after all! I'll come up a little earlier than that, and we can grab some lunch. I don't know the City that well, really just the few streets around SFSC.
vitaminC

Post by vitaminC »

hermitgirl wrote:So... it looks like Saturday will be a necessity- Today I had a sporty red cage RIGHT on my tail as I was coming up a hill, about to turn left into a gravel parking lot. I tried to cut a little closer in my turn, since this guy was seriously close, and my back wheel kicked out, spilling me to the left. Luckily I crashed into the parking area, not the road. However...
Ugh, that really sucks! Glad to hear that you escaped unscathed, even if the Buddy got a bit rashed in the process. I hope the guy that was riding your bumper at least stopped to make sure you were okay.

I plan on getting there around 10:30, depending on traffic and how many wrong turns I make while taking the "scenic" route :roll:

I, too, know nothing about that area of SF, though I imagine Barry might have some recommendations.

Susan, do you still plan on showing up? Maybe we can plan on trying to find lunch a bit after 11?

Chris
brat

Post by brat »

I am still planning on being there. I am going to see if I can snag a few folks off the other list.

As far as the break lever goes, There is a young lady in SFSG who also broke hers in a minor crash and Barry changed it on the spot. He also check the alignment of her scoot.

See you tomorrow.
Susan
vitaminC

Post by vitaminC »

It was great meeting some fellow Buddy-ists today! 8)

Despite a few kamikaze van drivers, hermitgirl and I made it back down the peninsula with no issues. We even managed to get a bit of sun once we got far enough away from SF :P

I'm already looking forward to the next meeting!
brat

Post by brat »

I hope you both have warmed up after your trip!!

It was fun having lunch. I can't seem to get out of SFSC with out spending some money. lol The joys of a vintage. ;)

susan
hermitgirl

Post by hermitgirl »

So wonderful meeting you guys! And yeah, vitaminC and I got to experience some sun on the way back, and warmed up nicely. It was alot more fun to make that trip with another Buddy than alone! I really can't wait for the next time we meet up. :D (Unless it involves me dropping my bike again. ;) )

Key highlights- the creepy cemetary section of Mission (Or was it El Camino?), the glimpse of the hangliders, and that gorgeous view behind us coming out of SF! The city may be cold when cloudy, but it's awfully pretty in spots too.