i failed my car driving test :-(

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

bjj4287

i failed my car driving test :-(

Post by bjj4287 »

THis SUCKS! :(
AxeYrCat

Post by AxeYrCat »

That does indeed suck. :(

But if it's because you weren't paying enough attention, I'd venture that evidence of that could also be seen in the fact that you have a "2008 Buddy 150 Pomplona" and even your caps lock is inconsistent. :lol: :P

Sorry, sorry. Probably cruel to kick you while you're down. :(
Huh? What just happened?
BigColdMartini

Post by BigColdMartini »

You're not suppose to show up on a scooter for your car driving test. :)

Just trying to make you feel better. Don't worry too much you can always try again.
gottascoot

Post by gottascoot »

I failed my first time... For the life of me I could NOT back around a corner.. Maybe it was the boat of a car i was driving... But, I like to take blame for my mistakes..
How could I not... Both back wheels ended up on the curb... :lol:

Just practice what you had trouble with.. and if its hot out.. blast your a/c before the instructor gets in.. they love it!

Goodluck and,
Gottascoot!
-Jay
sotied

Post by sotied »

Cars are WAY overrated. Just get your motorcycle license and be done with it.

:roll:
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

Was it written or road that tripped you up?
If it was road, what part? *curious*

I came pretty close to screwing up on my auto driving test...test anxiety BIG time! Don't kick yourself too hard, maybe try to turn it into a game with yourself. That's my favorite trick for killing test anxiety. Helps me think clearer to boot.
armacham

Post by armacham »

Is the road test especially difficult where you live? I can't imagine how anyone fails the road test in Arizona, unless you are driving some 1970s boat car and can't do the 3-point turn. Other than that you just drive around the block once. You don't even have to parallel park here.
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Do you need a car license for a motorcycle where you live? Here in ohio, you just need to sit in the BMV's line for an eternity, fill out some papers, argue with the old lady, and get your picture taken.

All that being you have temps, and passed the MSF.
AxeYrCat

Post by AxeYrCat »

jfrost2 wrote:Do you need a car license for a motorcycle where you live? Here in ohio, you just need to sit in the BMV's line for an eternity, fill out some papers, argue with the old lady, and get your picture taken.

All that being you have temps, and passed the MSF.

Ha! Yeah... It's that easy.

Just provided you passed what the OSHP testing stations will admit is the most difficult written test that they have and that you can manage to get *IN* to one of the MSF classes.

I ended up taking the field test (which less than 40% of the takers passed) because I couldn't get into one of the classes. :(

Taking it on the Buddy, though, made it simple. :D
Huh? What just happened?
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

I remember when I was with my dad for his test at the BMV, there were lots of people who were much more experienced in riding, but they didnt know how to do those tight tricks and turns they required for a full license. A lot of people skipped cones, ran over them, and made simple mistakes. The buddy did great, except the course had gravel everywhere (that's safe!) and my dad skid at one point, just had 5 points taken off since he couldnt stop in time and put his feet down. But other than that, he did perfect on everything.
AxeYrCat

Post by AxeYrCat »

Having re-read my post from last night, I do want to point out that it's not *THAT* difficult to pass either the written portion or the riding portion of the test [in Ohio — I cannot speak to other states], just so long as you take time to prepare properly.

Much like anything else that's challenging: If you're properly prepared, you chances of success are MUCH greater. :D
Huh? What just happened?
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

I'm a pretty darn good driver and I failed at my first go. And you know what? I had to make a four hour round trip to fail that test, so it could have been worse.

Now, part of it was that I took the test on unfamiliar roads two hours away from home. Another part is that I didn't know, regardless of what the driver's booklet told me, what it is instructors look for. The rest? I happened to get stuck with an instructor that likes to fail students on the first go. Plenty of trumped up points for not checking blind spots (which I checked religiously thank-you-very-much), which may seem unfair, but it's just the way it goes.

I'd rather they be picky than not but still, four hours! Not cool!

Some instructors will not pass any driver on the first try. Period.

Your experience driving thus far has been preparation to take the road test. After you pass that, THEN you learn how to drive.

Look at your evaluation sheet and work on the things you got docked for. You'll do much better next time.