My Genuine Blur 150

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

RunRun

My Genuine Blur 150

Post by RunRun »

I decided to get up and hit the road last weekend and do some riding, so I went in the garage and started the Blur. This is a picture of the Blur just before I departured out on a venture.
Attachments
Blur1.jpg
Blur1.jpg (22.2 KiB) Viewed 5149 times
Don Cobb
Genuine Blur 150
Run 2006 Model
RunRun

Re: My Genuine Blur 150

Post by RunRun »

RunRun wrote:I decided to get up and hit the road last weekend and do some riding, so I went in the garage and started the Blur. This is a picture of the Blur just before I departured out on a venture.
Here is one more different angle.
Attachments
Blur2.jpg
Blur2.jpg (23.98 KiB) Viewed 5143 times
Don Cobb
Genuine Blur 150
Run 2006 Model
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

I know exactly what you mean. The Blur is the Coolest.Looking.Scooter.Ever. Isn't it?
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

jrsjr wrote:The Blur is the Coolest.Looking.Scooter.Ever. Isn't it?
Once you pull off those decals, yep!

And the pipe could be cooler-looking, but I ain't messing with that until the warranty's up.

B.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
RunRun

Post by RunRun »

illnoise wrote:
jrsjr wrote:The Blur is the Coolest.Looking.Scooter.Ever. Isn't it?
Once you pull off those decals, yep!

And the pipe could be cooler-looking, but I ain't messing with that until the warranty's up.

B.
Well the pipe is one of the cooler looking feature to me, so far as the decals it’s ok not that bad tome either. I like the bike just the way it look, but most of all riding is where the real enjoy is.

Another feature this bike have I like a lot is that most other scooters don’t have this that cool looking swing arm.

Don
Don Cobb
Genuine Blur 150
Run 2006 Model
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Also, it would look even more boss without the plate holder/rear fender, but I'm a safety nerd and I don't like sludge sprayed all over my back, so I'm not going to take that off, either.

But imagine it with that gone:

Bb.
vitaminC

Post by vitaminC »

illnoise wrote:Also, it would look even more boss without the plate holder/rear fender, but I'm a safety nerd and I don't like sludge sprayed all over my back, so I'm not going to take that off, either.
Nice chop! 8)

But really, isn't the giant flap more to protect those behind you from whatever the wheel may flinging? That long seat section should keep your back clean.
RunRun

Post by RunRun »

vitaminC wrote:
illnoise wrote:Also, it would look even more boss without the plate holder/rear fender, but I'm a safety nerd and I don't like sludge sprayed all over my back, so I'm not going to take that off, either.
Nice chop! 8)

But really, isn't the giant flap more to protect those behind you from whatever the wheel may flinging? That long seat section should keep your back clean.
Illnoise/VitaminC,

I like it much better with the flap without the flap it’s just doesn’t appeal to me.

RunRun
Don Cobb
Genuine Blur 150
Run 2006 Model
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

vitaminC wrote:But really, isn't the giant flap more to protect those behind you from whatever the wheel may flinging? That long seat section should keep your back clean.
I think even more than anything, it's just to hold the license plate and reflectors in a DOT-legal position. I wonder if i broke the law by leaving off that extender piece...

Bryan
RunRun

Post by RunRun »

vitaminC wrote:
illnoise wrote: I think even more than anything, it's just to hold the license plate and reflectors in a DOT-legal position. I wonder if i broke the law by leaving off that extender piece...

Bryan
True! It is very common in for motorcyclists (sport bike owners in particular) to hack the fenders off and mount the plate directly under the tail section. This is often also accompanied by adding very small (and useless) turn signals and such to "clean up" the lines of the bike. For instance:

Start with:

And wind up with:

I would'nt be supprise if you did brake the law. Just about everthing we do is illegal HAHA!!
Don Cobb
Genuine Blur 150
Run 2006 Model
masssheltie

Post by masssheltie »

I'm sorry, but that orange / gray color scheme makes me lunge for the Pepto Bismol. I could get into a shiny metallic orange color, but the gray reminds me of something cheap from China. I don't know what Genuine was thinking.

Here is the original PGO styling / color. You could also get blue. The red one I saw in Bermuda was gorgeous.

Remember: beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes right to the core.

Post by 360 »

Well, while I think I still like the original red color scheme better, the "Halloween" colors have really started to grow on me. Still probably gonna take some of these vinyl pieces off soon though.

Was thinking about trying to pursue a custom paintjob for it in the future, but now I'm starting to like the colors. :P
BlueMark

My Genuine Blur 150

Post by BlueMark »

I just laid my money down at Scoot Around Town (Ypsilanti, MI) for my new Blur. Will be picking it up Saturday - having a Gorilla alarm system and on board battery charger installed - I'll be using it for city/suburban commuting as much as our new style mild midwest winters allow, so I need security and a way to keep a cold battery juiced. Got windshield and luggage rack on order from Genuine - don't know how soon they'll start shipping.

For winter riding I've been looking at lap covers like Bagster and Termoscud - neither makes a model for the Blur/G-Max, but it looks like Termoscud's model for the Peugeot Jet Force might be close. Scooterworks (Genuine's sister company) sells a "universal" lap cover. Anyone have an opinion?

The Halloween color combo scared me a bit. Looks much better in person than on the computer screen. The flat gray is actually an interesting flecked metallic surface with the illusion of depth to it - I'm starting to second guess my repainting schemes (see below). But I'll definitely be losing some decals!

I don't know what the heck is going on with that rear fender. It is the only tacky flimsy plastic part of the bike. In addition to the reflector/license holder you see in the photos above, there is another section attached to the bottom and extending down behind the wheel - apparently the original wasn't long enough! The ridiculous thing is nonfunctional as a fender, it only serves as a wind catcher. There is already a real rear fender/wheel-well between the airbox and exhaust housing. I may just see about extending THAT fender rather than having an 18 inch wind catcher hanging from the tail. I'll have to figure out what is legal.

-Mark
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

BlueMark wrote: For winter riding I've been looking at lap covers like Bagster and Termoscud - neither makes a model for the Blur/G-Max, but it looks like Termoscud's model for the Peugeot Jet Force might be close. Scooterworks (Genuine's sister company) sells a "universal" lap cover. Anyone have an opinion?
Genuine's are OK, but Termoscud's and Tucano Urbano's are much nicer, though pricier. No idea about the fit, I'd bet the Jetforce one would fit better than the Universal.
The flat gray is actually an interesting flecked metallic surface with the illusion of depth to it - I'm starting to second guess my repainting schemes (see below). But I'll definitely be losing some decals!
Yeah, i think it'd be a bad idea to try to repaint the grey part, you'd have to smooth it out somehow first. Also I thought the Genuine decal on the side was screenprinted on there, but looking closely it is a big clear sticker... anyone try to peel that off yet? I'm afraid.
In addition to the reflector/license holder you see in the photos above, there is another section attached to the bottom and extending down behind the wheel - apparently the original wasn't long enough!
That part comes off, it wasn't attached to mine when I bought it, and I never bothered to put it on. I don't think it's a legal requirement, and even if it is, no one would ever know.

Bb.
BlueMark

Post by BlueMark »

Yeah, i think it'd be a bad idea to try to repaint the grey part, you'd have to smooth it out somehow first.
Yeah, I had the same thought.
- but I've heard some rumors about something called 'primer'.

Paint job is not in the budget for ... awhile. I have a feeling the hobgoblin look will grow on me in the meanwhile.

- Mark