NBR: Where can i get one of these??

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

HMBscoot

NBR: Where can i get one of these??

Post by HMBscoot »

:shock: :shock: wow i don't know how i came across thiss thing but it's super sweet.. it's preety popular in other countries but i can't seem to find a place that sels them here in the states

look http://www.peirspeed.com/madass125.htm
twoscoots

Post by twoscoots »

Your link doesn't work for me, but is this what you're after?
You're gonna need a plane ticket...
HMBscoot

Post by HMBscoot »

yup thats it....to bad its all the way cros the country from me. oh yeah and i guess i dot know how to do links i'm a lot slower at picking up computer skills than riding skills
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

I fixed the link for you. I just edited the "slash" URL tag off the end. My dealer is supposed to get the MadAss 125 soon. I'm really looking forward to seeing one.
StacyB

Post by StacyB »

I want that.
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Too bad it's made in china.

Sachs is a well known german company, if they shipped bikes to the USA made in germany, the madass would be probably 5-6 thousand dollars. They make the ones shipping to the USA in china to keep pricing low.

I think it's a cool bike, it's got gears like a motorcycle, but it being Chinese, I cant trust anything chinese when it's motorized and I'll be on it.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Peirspeed is Cobra which is also TGB, so any TGB dealer should be able to get 'em, if/when they finally arrive. Some were imported by Tomberlin in the past, and there's a knockoff brand called Xkelton Trickster.

Check out the sachs six-speed X-ROAD 125 minibike they're supposed to be getting, very cool looking.

http://2strokebuzz.com/index.php?p=3945

It is made in China, IIRC, a chinese company actually owns the name now. I know that's the deal with Benelli and that seems to be working out well for them, though I still haven't had a chance to test-ride the Benellis or the Sachs.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Hey HMBscoot: They sell the MadAss at Ptown scooters here in Portland if I remember right. Thats not in California, but at least its not all the way across the country.

EDIT: Yep, they do. <a href=http://www.ptownscooters.com/inventory/ ... htm>Here's a link!</a>
weaseltamer

Post by weaseltamer »

i think the lack of a fuel tank is very cool. i might have to get one for my scoot once we're in germany (years down the road)
Kurzer

Post by Kurzer »

Kaos wrote:Hey HMBscoot: They sell the MadAss at Ptown scooters here in Portland if I remember right. Thats not in California, but at least its not all the way across the country.

EDIT: Yep, they do. <a href=http://www.ptownscooters.com/inventory/ ... htm>Here's a link!</a>
you beat me to it :D Saw one at a bike night in downtown recently as well, nice little scoots.
I don't do much modding on the scoot anymore, just riding :-)
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Yeah I checked one out last time I was over at Ptown to get an oil filter for my Buddy. They're neat looking bikes.

EDIT: Hey Kurzer, where in Beaverton are you at? I work in Beaverton and drive from Oregon City to Beaverton every day on my Buddy :)