I just made us scooteriests look like dorks.....

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Lil Buddy

I just made us scooteriests look like dorks.....

Post by Lil Buddy »

So my co-worker (Rob) and I left work at the same time tonight. He hops on his manly high powered sports bike, I hop on my cream color Buddy 50. Out of the parking lot he hits the throttle and rides a wheelie. We stop at a stop sign before turning onto a main street. I pull out first, rob pulls out right behind me.
I see a big dude on his Harley coming the opposite direction. I check my mirror to make sure Rob is still behind me, he is. As we are passing the Harley guy, I give him the biggest dorkiest overly excited wave I can. I can see him smile as he exchanges the dorky wave with me! Awesome. I look back and Rob is cracking up.
A few cars later....I see a guy on a crotch rocket, PERFECT! Once again, I throw my arm up and wave like there’s no tomorrow. He even waves back. I look back at Rob and he is laughing again but this time he hides his face as he passes his fellow crotch rocketeer.
Just for fun after that, I wave to the UPS guy (Rob and I work for their competition) as he passes us. He waves back with a smile.

I may have looked like a dork, but I made people smile.
Scooter Bug

Post by Scooter Bug »

That is soooo scooter. I love it!
olhogrider

Post by olhogrider »

Scooter Bug wrote:That is soooo scooter. I love it!
+1
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

Excellent! :rofl:
sradwick

Scooter/Motorcycle wave

Post by sradwick »

That's funny, but why not just use the 2 finger (peace sign pointed down to the ground) wave like most motorcycle people use?

Scott
DennisD

Re: Scooter/Motorcycle wave

Post by DennisD »

sradwick wrote:That's funny, but why not just use the 2 finger (peace sign pointed down to the ground) wave like most motorcycle people use?

Scott
If you have to explain it...
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

sradwick wrote:That's funny, but why not just use the 2 finger (peace sign pointed down to the ground) wave like most motorcycle people use?

Scott

WHY RED IS RED!
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
kazoo

Post by kazoo »

They don't teach any of these hand signals mentioned above in the MSF, do they. . . ? :P
weaseltamer

Post by weaseltamer »

i probably looked just as dorky riding my passport to the shop the other day. She only wanted to go 20mph and once we got to a hill it'd drop to 15-17mph. i actually got a wave from a couple bikers going the other direction while i was coming up a hill. i felt silly for going so slow... AND it took 2.5 hours for a route that only took my buddy 50 min.
bunny

Post by bunny »

I was one of those dorks last night, too! :D I got my first head nod from a biker (and it was a crotchrocket, to boot! :shock: ) and I was so excited! The next nod I got I waved my hand like mad! And then rode away giggling maniacally!

I thought life was good before...yeah.
Yes, it's fast. No, you can't ride it.

Tysonviolin

Post by Tysonviolin »

I been getting waves from almost all motorcycle riders, especially the Harleys.
Scooting is ZEN....
gymnation

Post by gymnation »

bunny wrote:I was one of those dorks last night, too! :D I got my first head nod from a biker (and it was a crotchrocket, to boot! :shock: ) and I was so excited! The next nod I got I waved my hand like mad! And then rode away giggling maniacally!

I thought life was good before...yeah.
Bunny your happiness and enthusiasm is infectious. Now cut it out! I was having a perfectly good lousy week.... :D
Maude Lebowski: What do you do for recreation?
The Dude: Oh, the usual. I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback.
ScootingInTheRain
Location: Just North of Seattle, Just South of Mulletsylvania

Post by ScootingInTheRain »

kazoo wrote:They don't teach any of these hand signals mentioned above in the MSF, do they. . . ? :P
My MSF instructors made it a point to show us the different waves, with commentary, as comic relief at the end of our course.

~SITR
runtotorun121

Post by runtotorun121 »

We don't really get the two finger thingy around here. In fact, I don't think I have ever actually seen it. Instead we get the standard wave of old where the rider holds his hand out down low like they did in days of yore in greeting so they could touch hands on the old two lane roads.

And I am observing that I am getting more MC wavers on weekdays and away from JOCO (for all you KC people who know JOCO :wink: ). I am speculating that the weekday riders are more usually the regular riders as opposed to the posing weekend Harley dudes. . .
~Celebrate~
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

BuddyRaton wrote:

Scott

WHY RED IS RED!
I swear if I see this stupid catch phrase one more time I'm coming through the internet :evil: talk about overkill
beagldog

Post by beagldog »

runtotorun121 wrote:We don't really get the two finger thingy around here. In fact, I don't think I have ever actually seen it. Instead we get the standard wave of old where the rider holds his hand out down low like they did in days of yore in greeting so they could touch hands on the old two lane roads.

And I am observing that I am getting more MC wavers on weekdays and away from JOCO (for all you KC people who know JOCO :wink: ). I am speculating that the weekday riders are more usually the regular riders as opposed to the posing weekend Harley dudes. . .
Remember that Harley's are built right here in good ole KC and all I have to say about JOCO drivers is "get off the damn phone you soccer mom!" :evil:
runtotorun121

Post by runtotorun121 »

beagldog wrote:and all I have to say about JOCO drivers is "get off the damn phone you soccer mom!" :evil:
:) Nice to see a good sense of humor from our Kansas folks about JOCO! :wink:
~Celebrate~
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

beagldog wrote:
runtotorun121 wrote: Remember that Harley's are built right here in good ole KC and all I have to say about JOCO drivers is "get off the damn phone you soccer mom!" :evil:
That's assembled, not built. Parts now come from some of those evil oriental countries. But its our secret, shhhhh, don't tell.
beagldog

Post by beagldog »

DennisD wrote:
beagldog wrote:
runtotorun121 wrote: Remember that Harley's are built right here in good ole KC and all I have to say about JOCO drivers is "get off the damn phone you soccer mom!" :evil:
That's assembled, not built. Parts now come from some of those evil oriental countries. But its our secret, shhhhh, don't tell.
Thanks for clarifying that. I should have said that they have an assembly plant here. :D