pulsing vibration @45 mph

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Mike

pulsing vibration @45 mph

Post by Mike »

i've been to a garage twice and was told it felt ok .i was wondering if any one else was feeling the same thing ?
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

I know what you mean, it's normal, and it could be the road in that area. Going to my friend's house, the speed is 50mph, I go about 45-47mph and I do feel the vibration, but it isnt like I cant handle it. The higher the speed, the more you will feel it, the tires are small and arent meant for high speed riding although they can do it. It's just the size.
djelliott

Post by djelliott »

Check and make sure your front and rear tires are both at 30psi. Make sure when you check it before you've been riding. The air in the tires needs to be equalized with the ambient temp outside.

DJE
Prima pipe
UNI filter
125 Main Jet
2000RPM Stall Spring
1500RPM Clutch Springs
Dr. Pulley Variator with 11 Gram Sliders
NCY Front Forks
Prima/NCY 161cc Big Bore kit With 150 Head
KS Power GY6 Performance Springs
NCY Secondary Shieve
enzomatic

Post by enzomatic »

I noticed something to that fashion, went on for a while as my scoot was getting hot from a mountain climb, thought maybe something weird going on with the piston, I let the bike cool down then got back to speed and it was gone, then later on another climb it showed back.
Looking for ppl to ride with in LA.
chancerbeans13

Post by chancerbeans13 »

Mine shows up right at 40 mph
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

Its the "magic fingers" of the scooter world and you don't have to put in a quarter. :D
djelliott

Post by djelliott »

DennisD wrote:Its the "magic fingers" of the scooter world and you don't have to put in a quarter. :D
WOW! You guys got that feature for free! i paid extra. I'm going have to have a talk with POC Phil. :lol:
Prima pipe
UNI filter
125 Main Jet
2000RPM Stall Spring
1500RPM Clutch Springs
Dr. Pulley Variator with 11 Gram Sliders
NCY Front Forks
Prima/NCY 161cc Big Bore kit With 150 Head
KS Power GY6 Performance Springs
NCY Secondary Shieve
Alix B

Post by Alix B »

My extreme vibe was due to flat roller weights.

Now that it's gone, i kinda miss it. :twisted:
dailygenesis

Post by dailygenesis »

I just got mine a couple weeks ago and noticed the same thing. In my case, it's between 40-45 mph and some times the pulsing starts slow and speeds up really fast and varies like that. Talked to my dealer who, just from my description, said it's probably nothing to worry about. Glad to read that it's not just my machine.

Has anyone successfully corrected this? If so, how?
Honest reviews of <a href="http://www.eataroundokc.com">Oklahoma City restaurants</a> from local writers.
bdarling

Post by bdarling »

I have experienced this as well. For me, the vibration has occurred anywhere between 40 and 60 mph. From an engineering perspective, I've always considered it bad for machinery to vibrate in this manner. I guess time will only tell if we all have a problem.

-Blake
JettaKnight

Post by JettaKnight »

dailygenesis wrote:I just got mine a couple weeks ago and noticed the same thing. In my case, it's between 40-45 mph and some times the pulsing starts slow and speeds up really fast and varies like that. Talked to my dealer who, just from my description, said it's probably nothing to worry about. Glad to read that it's not just my machine.

Has anyone successfully corrected this? If so, how?
I have the same. It starts with a slow frequency at ~40 MPH, increases frequency until ~45 MPH and then reduces until ~50 MPH. I just use it as a speedometer that operates by feel.

My previous engine didn't have this "feature". My guess is that it's some sort of resonance between the engine speed and transmission speed.
7eregrine

Post by 7eregrine »

Mine does it, too. Nice to know it seems to be normal.
I will not join a racist club that thinks one color is better then another. We are ALL BUDDY'S!
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

Normal? I don't know... mine doesn't vibrate abnormally at any speed. Except for reasons pointed out here - bumpy roads, under/over inflated tires, etc., my ride is smooth throughout all speeds.
Last edited by jmazza on Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
spinbud

vibration

Post by spinbud »

It only weighs a little over 200#
MarkTur

Post by MarkTur »

I have it too, although I will say it's something to do with wear and tear...I'm feeling it more at 200+ miles on the ODO than before...
Cya!
Mark Turkel
http://www.PalmBeachSoftware.com
http://www.BeGreenSaveTheWorld.com

Genuine Buddy 125cc
Powder Blue - (Yes, I picked "that" color cause I likes it!)

Like someone else said "Saving Gas and Sticking it to the Man!"