Check This OUt

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

emoboy44

Check This OUt

Post by emoboy44 »

http://www.reinaintlauto.com/2006-diamo ... --c-38.htm

This is in Brew City. Real close to where I live. They have a ton of cool stuff.
MMMMMMMMMMMMM
gottascoot

Post by gottascoot »

I was looking at those for a while. I think tank has one as well. I was gonna go with one last fall. But decided to do more research.
BigColdMartini

Post by BigColdMartini »

I'd like to see someone sitting in one because it looks like you would be unable to reach the handle bars if you leaned all the way back in the seat. If you can't lean all the way back and drive it sort of defeats the safety features. Shorties like me might have a hard time with this one.
Racenut

Post by Racenut »

It looks like a photoshop gag gone wrong to me.
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Just some cheesy scam artist dealers selling chinese bikes no one will touch for service or warranty.
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

My friend had one of those... he is trying to sell it now, he rides stellas now.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Note that it's a 2006 model. I think that was the last year those were imported. Diamo's reputation isn't great, either.

Xingyue has a new three-wheeler with a similar top (not convertible). The bottom part looks a lot like an old Honda Gyro:
viewtopic.php?t=5833

As I said there, it's been tried a few times (even by BMW) and never seems to catch on. I think people eventually realize the top isn't really doing much to protect you from the elements, and I bet it ends up just being a topheavy sail.

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

danger Will Robinson DANGER Those Diamo Veluxes suck in a major way! Seriously they sucked bad. I know this personally. They're uncomfortable, the seat gets very hot, and they literally fall apart quickly (I'm talking pieces just start falling off or not lining up, etc). That trunk is crap and often doesn't want to stay locked/in place. Major problems with every single one I've come across and everyone I know of that bought one ended up trying to get there money back or reselling it for something else. The dealer in my old neck of the woods completely stopped carrying all their scooters. This is not me trying to shyt on Chinese scooters (if the scooter is tops I don't care if it came from mars) this is me giving you account of personal experience.
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

An interesting attention getter and I like it but the rear end is "butt ugly". :rofl:
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

I actually like the looks of the BMW version and think it's really cool. Too bad they dont sell them in the US, but then again, it being a BMW, it would cost as much as a cheap car.