Hydrogen boosters onboard

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

barndwellers_md

Hydrogen boosters onboard

Post by barndwellers_md »

Just had to try the booster on the Rat.

For those of you unfamiliar with a hydrogen booster - it's basically a container that has stainless steel plates inside that produce hydrogen gas when covered with a mixture of distilled water and sodium-hydroxide and 12volt current run through it.

SInce the electrical system on the scoot isn't capable of the output this booster needs I took a rechargeable battery pack and strapped it and the hydrogen booster to the rear rack. As far as the plumbing...I ran it into the air cleaner housing on the filter side so the bit of condensation (a byproduct) wouldn't get sucked into the motor...only the hydrogen gas. I was excited to see what the outcome would be....

My top speed was 90 mph!

I couldn't believe it. Incredible!

Okay...so I didn't go 90, but it did eventually after 5 or 10 minutes of operation add 2 to 3 mph on the hills around my house and a bit of noticeable torque on fast take-offs.

I would bet that it adds a significant amount of overall mileage as well, but have yet to test that.
Last edited by barndwellers_md on Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

:shock:

ummmm flux capacitor? :?:

:wink:
Limitlessnow

Post by Limitlessnow »

I don't wanna put ya down or anything but i'm really pessimistic about this sort of stuff, usually all these water powered, special additive, magic carbo enhancing dynamometer things are total scams. I'd love to be proved wrong but I just don't think I am.
barndwellers_md

Flux capacitor....ha, I'm holding off on that.

I did pull into the gas station in which all dozen slots were being occupied at the time....waited until the next opening..pulled in and seemed everyone was staring at the scoot wondering what the heck was on the back. If someone asked I was prepared to say something about 'Back to the Future'. :)
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

I've personally built hydrogen fuel cells to power a hydrogen based car I had for a while. I've NEVER seen a design that can produce enough hydrogen to make any noticeable difference while mounted on any vehicle. The cells I had were 200 gallon tanks, and would take several days to fill a 10lb canister so that I could actually drive my car. It was WAY too much of a pain in the butt in upkeep. I'd love to be proved wrong, but I'd really doubt that anything that you could mount on your scooter could make any noticeable difference.
Smiziley

Post by Smiziley »

MikieTaps wrote: ummmm flux capacitor? :?:

Gotta get up to 88 mph before you see anything serious!
barndwellers_md

"I've NEVER seen a design that can produce enough hydrogen to make any noticeable difference while mounted on any vehicle. The cells I had were 200 gallon tanks, and would take several days to fill a 10lb canister so that I could actually drive my car. It was WAY too much of a pain in the butt in upkeep. I'd love to be proved wrong, but I'd really doubt that anything that you could mount on your scooter could make any noticeable difference"

Ever test a booster on a 106 cc motor? 2 liters of liquid on the plates @25 amps makes an awful lot of hydro....

Even if you're not from Missouri...come and see! :)
GFridrich3

Post by GFridrich3 »

Smiziley wrote:
MikieTaps wrote: ummmm flux capacitor? :?:

Gotta get up to 88 mph before you see anything serious!
So basically he needs to borrow MaxG's G-Max/Blur 150 with the chromebore cylinder kit and upgraded carberuator setup?
piceloni

Post by piceloni »

It's so exciting to see this post. I was just having a lengthy discussion the other day with a coworker about HHO gas. I was thinking the whole time...how do I make this happen with my scooter. SO COOL!!!