[NSR] Cowboy Bebop Live Action Movie!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

schlagle

[NSR] Cowboy Bebop Live Action Movie!

Post by schlagle »

Please, please, please let them not screw this up.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/07/22/ ... ture-film/
brape

Post by brape »

I don't know that I could bring myself to watch a live action cowboy beebop. Same thing happened when they did thunderbirds... I couldn't bring myself to watch.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Oh crap! I was there when they did the original interview this story is based on! If i'd known, I'd have gotten my own interview about it. :(

I have a feeling a live-action "Bebop" will play something like "Serenity" with a better soundtrack.

There have been live-action anime projects that have been lost in development hell for years. James Cameron can't even get these off the ground. Anyone remember "Mai: The Psychic Girl" starring Winona Ryder? The live-action Astroboy movie? He's been sitting on "Battle Angel Alita" for about a decade now, too. (He says he'll get to it in '09.)

"Dragonball" looks freakin' awful. "Akira" will need a whole new ending. "Ghost in the Shell" has already been ripped off too many times in unsuccessful movies ("Aeon Flux," "Ultraviolet"). "Robotech" only really works as a saga.

On the other hand, I may be the only adult male on the planet who loved "Speed Racer." So what do I know? ;)
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Ronin

Post by Ronin »

Along the same line as Ericalm is going, there was big big hype awhile back about a Neon Genesis Evangelion live action movie that went by the wayside (fortunately, or unfortunately.. I'm seriously not sure which).

There used to be pictures on Weta workshop websitehttp://www.wetaworkshop.co.nz/ but I can't find em any longer.

Anyhow, I really enjoyed Cowboy Bebop and I have to say I'm a bit nervous on how this may turn out!
schlagle

Post by schlagle »

wow, you two aren't filling me with a lot of confidence about this project with all your facts and stuff :wink:

I honestly think it will blow. The track record for these things just isn't promising. Aeon Flux made me want to vomit. Oh well tho. I'll still netflix it if it ever sees the light of day.

And, and astroboy movie? who knew? I did like Serenity though. Just good sci-fi fun, imho.
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

I want to see FLCL live action, see if they can build a ss180 that can speed up like a rocket...and one that can fly! Or else it's a fail.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

schlagle wrote:And, and astroboy movie? who knew?
Well, there's a CG movie coming out next year from Imagi, the company that made TMNT (which wasn't bad, actually). I think the trailer is debuting at ComiCon.
jfrost2 wrote:I want to see FLCL live action, see if they can build a ss180 that can speed up like a rocket...and one that can fly! Or else it's a fail.
Please... no... it would never work... too insane and beautiful... the original is soooooo gooooood...
:cry:
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Yea, now I think about it, It would be the stupidest movie at the theaters. Wish they'd make a season 2 though :?