Wife wears a skirt

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

skirtsonscooters

Wife wears a skirt

Post by skirtsonscooters »

Hey everyone new poster. My Wife loves her Buddy 125 and has come up with a solution for wearing a skirt on it to ride to her office. We call them "Modesty Clips" and our company is just getting started. Any interest in this here or am I posting in the wrong area? Thanks for your response :D
runtotorun121

Post by runtotorun121 »

There is a forum here for buying and selling. If you haven't found it yet you might want to try posting there too.
~Celebrate~
schlagle

Post by schlagle »

My wife just wears this with her dresses/skirts. It provides protection and keeps the wind and eyeballs from between her legs.

http://corazzo.net/?q=node/191
skirtsonscooters

Thanks

This is a special clip she designed runs around $10 thanks for the pic and advise .
weaseltamer

Post by weaseltamer »

first of all you should have a picture and description of your product and then a picture of your wife (or other willing person... no discrimination) showing how its used/ applied.
skirtsonscooters

Thanks I will get that on soon, but don't want the idea to slip before the patent thing goes through.
weaseltamer

Post by weaseltamer »

skirtsonscooters wrote:don't want the idea to slip before the patent thing goes through.
ah valid point. so now we all have to wait and see?? :cry: :cry:
tunseeker1

Post by tunseeker1 »

skirtsonscooters wrote:Thanks I will get that on soon, but don't want the idea to slip before the patent thing goes through.
At this point most people could figure something like it out. I think a spring clip would work great. Something like a binder clip or a clothes pin. Way cheaper then $10
brape

Post by brape »

if I wore skirts I would much more likely use a binder clip, or clamp from the hardware store then pay $10 for something. or just use a lap skirt. (I have plans in the works to make my own of that anyway)
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

Wear some shorts under the skirt. Let it fly.
n00b4life

Post by n00b4life »

Depending on how well it worked, my wife would be interested. Whether she would buy the clip, or use something else remains to be seen, but she would be interested.
graham310

Post by graham310 »

If I may make a request on the clips...ask your wife to not make them too "girly" looking. I'd love to hit the scooter trail in one of my 5 kilts, I just need the proper restraining device. :D
"May I moo-moo dogface to the banana patch?"
Xena

Post by Xena »

I wear skirts on the scooter when riding to work and have this whole tuck routine just to keep from everything flying up and showing my knickers...

Without a photo of what it does, I couldn't say if it was a good idea or not.
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

I wear pants under skirts & dresses and then strip down outta 'em when I get to my destination. It's become a ritual at some of my usual destinations...will we get an "I see France" peek or not. I used to ride with just a skirt and not care about it flying up but that was when I was young and stupider than I am now, plus I decided I like the skin on my knees.
Xena

Post by Xena »

siobhan wrote:I wear pants under skirts & dresses and then strip down outta 'em when I get to my destination. It's become a ritual at some of my usual destinations...will we get an "I see France" peek or not. I used to ride with just a skirt and not care about it flying up but that was when I was young and stupider than I am now, plus I decided I like the skin on my knees.
Ok I am a complete dink. WHY didn't I even think of that? Rather than tuck and roll the skirt...OI
Christy

Post by Christy »

siobhan wrote:I wear pants under skirts & dresses and then strip down outta 'em when I get to my destination. It's become a ritual at some of my usual destinations...will we get an "I see France" peek or not. I used to ride with just a skirt and not care about it flying up but that was when I was young and stupider than I am now, plus I decided I like the skin on my knees.
I do this all the time because I love dresses and skirts, but I also love my skin, so I wear jeans and then just remove them when I arrive where ever it is I'm headed. :) plus in the summer when it's 100+ degrees here I can be cooler when I get there.
EPSP #76
Xena

Post by Xena »

Christy wrote:
I do this all the time because I love dresses and skirts, but I also love my skin, so I wear jeans and then just remove them when I arrive where ever it is I'm headed. :) plus in the summer when it's 100+ degrees here I can be cooler when I get there.
I must have brain farts in the morning and not be thinking...I will start doing this too...problem solved :)
Christy

Post by Christy »

Xena wrote:
Christy wrote:
I must have brain farts in the morning and not be thinking...I will start doing this too...problem solved :)
you'll love it. its so easy!!! Though I must admit that sometimes if I'm just doing little errands that I don't remove the jeans and just run in wearing my skirt w/jeans. hehehe
EPSP #76
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

Christy wrote:
Xena wrote:
Christy wrote: I do this all the time because I love dresses and skirts, but I also love my skin, so I wear jeans and then just remove them when I arrive where ever it is I'm headed. :) plus in the summer when it's 100+ degrees here I can be cooler when I get there.
you'll love it. its so easy!!! Though I must admit that sometimes if I'm just doing little errands that I don't remove the jeans and just run in wearing my skirt w/jeans. hehehe
Me, too! I've been known to roam the Home Depot looking like I'm dolled up in a Salwar Kameez Indian-style. I find people give me a wide berth which is fine by me.
doggerham

Post by doggerham »

Hmm, I just wear jeans and put my skirt in my topcase and change when I get to work. I did ride to work with just a skirt once, to see if I could.

Ultimately, I decided I'd rather ride faster and safer and keep my skin, so went back to pants.
MarkTur

Post by MarkTur »

Me, too! I've been known to roam the Home Depot looking like I'm dolled up in a Salwar Kameez Indian-style. I find people give me a wide berth which is fine by me.
That's HOT, ladies! :)
Just kidding. Couldn't stop my fingers from typing... ;)
Cya!
Mark Turkel
http://www.PalmBeachSoftware.com
http://www.BeGreenSaveTheWorld.com

Genuine Buddy 125cc
Powder Blue - (Yes, I picked "that" color cause I likes it!)

Like someone else said "Saving Gas and Sticking it to the Man!"
Xena

Post by Xena »

doggerham wrote:Hmm, I just wear jeans and put my skirt in my topcase and change when I get to work. I did ride to work with just a skirt once, to see if I could.

Ultimately, I decided I'd rather ride faster and safer and keep my skin, so went back to pants.
See now that makes too much sense :P
AxeYrCat

Post by AxeYrCat »

I hope this doesn't offend anyone, and if it does, I sincerely apologize.

When I heard 'Modesty Clip', I immediately thought of the 'Modesty Clothing' that a friend of mine showed me the other day: Definitely work safe.

I know it's insensitive to the beliefs of others and whatnot, but I can't help but chuckle a bit. :wink:
Huh? What just happened?
paige

Post by paige »

One of my Utilikilts has a modesty snap.

http://www.utilikilts.com/

Careful, it has autorun video with sound.
ericalm
Site Admin

Re: Thanks

Post by ericalm »

skirtsonscooters wrote:This is a special clip she designed runs around $10 thanks for the pic and advise .
Cheap and available in many colors:

Sigh. Like many heterosexual male riders, the thought of female riders in skirts, heels, scarves and cardigans brings up all sorts of nostalgic notions of the romance of scootering. Then I think about the images I've seen of road rash, ground down toes, knocked out teeth and so on and those notions quickly disappear. Guess we (man and women) can't have it all.

(Should a female rider opt to choose fashion over safety, well, that's your decision. Thanks for the eye candy! Please don't crash!)

I like the jeans-under-skirt or dress idea. Very Japanese Harajuku style from several years ago. :)

And I've said this before: Cute gear is available out there for the female riders. Just gotta look a bit harder. I think my wife looks great in her gear!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

paige wrote:One of my Utilikilts has a modesty snap.

Careful, it has autorun video with sound.
Does your significant other wears one of these while at home? If so, I won't tell. Especially if you send pics. :twisted:
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

MarkTur wrote:

That's HOT, ladies! :)
Just kidding. Couldn't stop my fingers from typing... ;)
Ahh, my friend, but you don't see how good I look after I take off the pants. Plus, it stops the stupid scooter questions at the pub because no one knows it's mine until I'm suiting up and outta there.
Christy

Post by Christy »

siobhan wrote:Ahh, my friend, but you don't see how good I look after I take off the pants. Plus, it stops the stupid scooter questions at the pub because no one knows it's mine until I'm suiting up and outta there.
DITTO!
EPSP #76
MarkTur

Post by MarkTur »

I'm sure you do look great after you're out of the "riding" gear. 8)

And I'm glad your strong enough minded to choose safety over fashion. I just wanted to throw a little something in to lighten things up -- I'm glad you didn't take it the wrong way.

Now, what does "Fahr mit mir!" mean?
Cya!
Mark Turkel
http://www.PalmBeachSoftware.com
http://www.BeGreenSaveTheWorld.com

Genuine Buddy 125cc
Powder Blue - (Yes, I picked "that" color cause I likes it!)

Like someone else said "Saving Gas and Sticking it to the Man!"
Christy

Post by Christy »

go with me?
EPSP #76
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

skirtsonscooters

WOW

Thanks for all the replies.
She has done the clip ideas, they don't work you have to put your foot down at stops and off it goes, pants under works but too much time changing and where to put the clothes she is on the 3rd floor. I guess I will hit the local scooter dealers and show them what we have. Ride on ladies with our busy lifestyle I was just trying to keep things simple .

"Peace, scooters and the american dream."
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

To wear a skirt or not wear a skirt, that is the question. Get scooter fashion tips from the oh-so-over-the-top Japanese (featuring a Honda Scoopy, aka Metropolitan in the US).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBW8CMrjY0A
graham310

Post by graham310 »

paige wrote:One of my Utilikilts has a modesty snap.

3 Utilikilts and 2 traditional tartan...and no modesty snaps. I suppose I could rig something, or just wear jeans to the office and change when I arrive.
"May I moo-moo dogface to the banana patch?"