Amerivespa 2008!

Info on scooter gatherings of all types & sizes

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Amerivespa 2008!

Post by BuddyRaton »

I know it's still aways off but I just saw some info finally posted!
http://www.amerivespa.org/
So...
Who is going?

Mrs Raton and I am!

Riding? trailering?
Where are you staying?

We will be trailering up and staying in the motorhome!

I have to get a copy of thatposter logo!
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
littleao

Post by littleao »

Hoppsan
Last edited by littleao on Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
louie

Post by louie »

mr. louie and i will be there.
Hipcat too?
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

I WANT TO GO SO BADLY!!! I will let y'all know as soon as I myself know. I find myself at a transition point right now! AUGH! THAT POSTER IS KILLING ME WITH THE AWESOME!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
ModBud #442
DouglasLive

Post by DouglasLive »

Can non-Vespa owners attend? I won't have my Buddy with me, but I'm sure there'll be lots to see/do at the Pavilion. I mean, what the heck? I'm less than two hours from Chattanooga. :)
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

DouglasLive wrote:Can non-Vespa owners attend?
Absolutely! You're also welcome to join the VCOA, which will give you a discount on registration.

While the VCOA does have a Vespa bias, and has roots in the vintage scooter culture, everyone's welcome. Last year in Seattle, I'd say attendance was about 1/3 vintage scooters, 1/3 modern Vespas and Stellas, and 1/3 other scooters, and everyone had a good time. (well, ONE guy didn't, but that's a long story.)

Bryan
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

REGISTRATION IS OPEN!!!!!!
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Bumping this up (and moving it to the rallies and events forum).

Anyone else getting excited? I think I said earlier that I wasn't going but it turns out I can make it after all.

If you've never been to a rally before, this is a great place to meet people, see bikes, buy gear, and eat, drink, and be merry. The attendance is very diverse (old and young, male and female, vintage and modern) and from all over the USA. There's something for everyone, and everybody's welcome. The rides this year should be incredible, including the famed "Dragon Run" at Deals' Gap.

Can't wait.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Wow, cool, just heart this:

"Corazzo is pleased to announce that the first 250 preregistrants will receive a Corazzo Milano Messenger Bag as their rally bag. This is a $79 Value! A good reason to prereg."

no kidding!

Bb.
irishtim

Post by irishtim »

Trailering down the '68 Sprint. Got one of the train car rooms at the Choo-Choo. Cannot wait-Chattanooga sounds awesome!
OH,PA,IN,WV,KY,TN,WI,MI,SC,ON,BDA
louie

Post by louie »

registered for 2. can i tell if i'm within the first 250 registrants?

the group from birmingham will be at the no-tell motel, i mean motel 6. it's half the price of the choo choo, clean enough and just a couple of blocks from the pavilion.

chattanooga is a fabulous town. the downtown area is newly renovated by the local townspeople and quite vibrant. we went up for their hills on wheels rally last year and had a great time.

last year buddyratan won all the big goodies, this year i'm winning a black cat!
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Less than amonth to go!

Yeah...I really did clean up last year! :D
www.teamscootertrash.com

louie

Post by louie »

"And… you've got a month to learn to ride it before Amerivespa!
http://www.amerivespa.org/
Hope to see you there!

we need to find a time and place to meet early on in the weekend.

last year i missed meeting bonegirl at mud, blood and beer, mostly because i didn't know who she was. i did see her and mr. bonegirl's scoot but they weren't around when i looked for them at their campsite.
i didn't meet buddyraton at hill on wheels until they started handing him all those prizes he won later on in the weekend.

i need to meet all yous guys i've dissed here so you can see in person i really am just a little shit with a smartass mouth.
:)
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Ok... is it time to plan the meetups?
www.teamscootertrash.com

louie

Post by louie »

se
louie

Post by louie »

i guess we should look the agenda over and come up with some options.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

BUMP!

Registration closes this Sunday (7-13-08) at midnight.

As of last night, registration was still a hair under 250 so there are still a few Corazzo messenger bags left!

A MB meetup is a great idea! Should be a good number of us there...

Bb.
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Sweet! That means that Mrs Raton and I are in for a great swag bag!
www.teamscootertrash.com

BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Leaving in a few hours!

I'M HUnGRY FOR THE ROAD!!!!!
www.teamscootertrash.com

louie

Post by louie »

looking forward to seeing you both.
dru_

Post by dru_ »

I'm already here. Checked in to the Choo Choo this afternoon and I'll be here alllllll week.

Got my yogurt pretzels and I'm good for the week :-)
lemontootsie

Post by lemontootsie »

There are no costs on the amerivespa web site. I'm planning to just drive up for the day Sat (not taking my buddy tho this time)... and can't find on-site registration price. Can anyone help?

Any suggestions on things to see and do? I live less than 2 hours from Chatt, so not so much interested in city sights, but more of the event.

Thanks!
louie

Post by louie »

lemon, it was $60 to preregister and probably the same at the door. it depends on what events you're attended to determine whether or not you need to register. it says all open events are open to all. i don't really know what that means though.

Questions
Any Questions?
This page attempts to answer all questions you might have regarding Amerivespa. If we are missing something, please let us know. Thank you!

Must I be a member to attend Amerivespa?
Must I pay a registration to attend Amerivespa?
How much does it cost, and will you take credit cards?
Is there an incentive to pre-register?
I've pre-registered, but now I can't attend. May I have a refund?
What is the Concours d' Elegance?
What is a Gymkhana?
Must I be a VCOA member to attend Amerivespa?

The Vespa Club of America has never required membership to attend our Amerivespa. This year's event will be no different. However, the registration price for VCOA members will likely be less than non-members.

Must I pay a registration to attend Amerivespa?

The general public is welcome to attend all open aspects of Amerivespa. Scooterists with or without a scooter will need to register for the event for both liability purposes and to ensure the success of the event.

How much does it cost, and will you take credit cards?

Registration costs vary from year to year. The pre-registration price has not yet been determined. The pre-registration price will be less than the price for non-VCOA members. The on site registration price may be higher. The VCOA will gladly accept credit card payments made via our web site, but we are not equipped to take credit cards at the rally. Please bring cash or personal checks.

Is there an incentive to pre-register?

Yes. The pre-registration rally packet will contain more items than the on site rally packet. The Vespa Club of America encourages you to pre-register.

I've pre-registered, but now I can't attend. May I have a refund?

Yes. The VCOA will return cash and/or check payments in full. Payments made by PayPal will be charged a small fee to cover PayPal fees. The VCOA will gladly mail (USPS) your rally goodies if you aren't able to attend. Let us know.

What is the Concours d' Elegance?

The Concours d' Elegance is the highlight of Amerivespa. The Concours d' Elegance is our show n' shine/trophy contest for scooters owned by Amerivespa attendees. The awards categories are not limited to Vespas, nor are they limited to elegantly restored machines. For a listing of the Concours d' Elegance categories, visit the Concours d' Elegance page.

What is a Gymkhana?

A Gymkhana is a form of scooter olympics. Amerivespa attendees compete against other attendees in a variety scooter events. Each event takes skill, daring and fair amount of luck. Typically you won't find nicely restored scooters in these competitions - people have been known to bang up their scooters. For more information on the Amerivespa Gymkhana, please visit the Gymkhana page.
lemontootsie

Post by lemontootsie »

Thanks! Not sure if my one day to go is worth $60. Good thing my sister lives in Chatt and it isn't far from home! ;-)

Have a great week!

I hope this rain stops before the weekend!
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

I'll be there Thursday afternoon through Sun AM, introduce yourselves! I'll have some of my 2sb Flip Flop shirts for sale, too, only $15 in person (save $2.50 over mailorder)

It's actually usually a bit MORE expensive to register on site, or maybe it's the same price, but some stuff isn't included (banquet/cruise/t-shirts).

It is expensive if you're not participating, but remember that the money really helps to support the club.

Also note that you're welcome to visit, mill around, meet people, and shop at the swap meet without registering, but you're not permitted to join any rides or participate in competitions.

Bryan
louie

Post by louie »

I had a great time. Mr. and Ms BuddyRaton good to talk with y'all (i'm trying out the proper spelling but feels a bit too proper).
Bryan, nice to meet you.
Dru, who the hell were you, maybe next time.
Birmingham Scooter Syndicate got best turnout with 21 attending, we love Chattanooga.
I don't know what kind of cred is has at The vespa rally but Don won best lambretta. You may recall i found that scoot and made him drive 5 hours to look at it and techniqually speaking it's half mine.

Check out my pics at http://scoot.net/gallery/2008/07/amerivespa/
they're posted under catdander.

this is me. note the cool logo on my shirt that matches the seat cover of mathew's scooter. he's the shop owner/machanic and all around groovie guy.
irishtim

Post by irishtim »

So nice to see so many MBers. Amerivespa was great!

I brought family with me and we squoze (squeezed?) a lot in:

Took family to Tennessee Aquarium (awesome), ate more catfish, pulled pork & fried chicken than I needed too, rode scoots up mountains, got hustled for $5 by some (very big, tough) ex-con in a seedy BBQ joint, took in an MV tech session, swam, entered the concours, saw old friends, made new ones and took family to church. They went to Ruby Falls too! Whew, Amerivespa was fantastic!

Me cautiously beginning descent down Racoon Mountain (clouds were below us!).
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Alright, who's a VCOA officer? Can we move it to California again for next year? ;)
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
irishtim

Post by irishtim »

OK, it's all taken care of. It'll be in San Jose, CA in 2009.
louie

Post by louie »

wishes do come true, California it is. Tim, I met your scooter the other day. Sorry I didn't know it belonged to you.
irishtim

Post by irishtim »

At least I'm remembered for something! :lol:
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

irishtim wrote:OK, it's all taken care of. It'll be in San Jose, CA in 2009.
Thanks for taking care of that for me.

So who wants to ride up from the LA area? Anyone?
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…