NSR: venting about helmet mixup

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ERik3tb

NSR: venting about helmet mixup

Post by ERik3tb »

I don't have a local scooter shop and prefer to support the local guy if possible. I ordered a HJC CL-Max helmet from the local Honda shop 2 days ago and was informed that it had come in already.

I asked the bloke that called if they could verify it was my order as it was to be shipped from TN and that seemed a bit quick for me. He assured me it was.

I drive across town and the box's label didn't say CL-Max on it. So I opened it there and found and $400+ Shoei full face instead. (That's the price they have listed on similiar helmets on the showfloor)

Wrong brand, style, and more then the cost of what I had purchased.

I didn't even try it on, but just asked if they could verify my order info in the computer because it was the wrong helmet. I was informed they had made a mistake and that wasn't ment to be my helmet. They had notified the wrong person.

I could have walked out with a more expensive helmet but that wouldn't have been the right thing to do. I hope that the next call I get will be the real deal because I'm really disappointed that I didn't get my helmet already.
Heroism is being scared as hell and saddling up anyways - John Wayne
AxeYrCat

Post by AxeYrCat »

Good that you didn't take the helmet that wasn't yours:

No one wants bad helmet karma. :wink:
Huh? What just happened?
ERik3tb

Post by ERik3tb »

Okay, my Helmet was too have arrived on Wed.

I just got off the phone with the Honda shop and it won't be arriving until the middle of next week at the earliest. Apparently, mine was shipped to another store and replacements are on back order.

Now I have my MSF starting tonight, and I don't have a helmet of my own to wear.

I'm not a happy person about it. I'm thinking that the local shop should compensate me for the trouble they are putting me thru. Maybe an extra visor would be nice.
Heroism is being scared as hell and saddling up anyways - John Wayne
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

ERik3tb wrote:I'm not a happy person about it. I'm thinking that the local shop should compensate me for the trouble they are putting me thru. Maybe an extra visor would be nice.
Let the manager of your shop know exactly what's happened: you were called in for the wrong helmet and drove across town for nothing, were told it would arrive on X day but it's over a week later, etc. Let the manager know how you prefer to shop from your local business rather than the internet (name a few websites so it's not an empty claim).

I bet you that the manager will offer you a discount on the helmet or a future purchase or some other satisfactory compensation. This technique works for me pretty much every time. I think shops appreciate it that I can clearly state my issues and demonstrate how I'm a loyal customer without having to get all grouchy about it and demanding things.
ModBud #442