What brand helmet fits under the seat?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Texas Tornado

What brand helmet fits under the seat?

Post by Texas Tornado »

I went to three moto shops yesterday and none of their helmets (in size large , Full face) fit under my 125 seat. Please help. I am currently using a helmet designed for car racing and it has limited visibility as well as I have to lug it around. Thanks.
Jessica

Post by Jessica »

I have this helmet:
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/ ... 9-1853667-
It fits under my seat, but it takes up ALL of the space in there. I also wear an XS, which might be important.
Texas Tornado

Post by Texas Tornado »

I did try for kicks to fit a medium and it barely fit so it seems that the large is just enough to make it not fit. I know there is probably some brand out there that makes a small enough (outside diameter) helmet that will fit but short of driving all over the country looking for it I figure good old modern buddy and its members would know which ones will fit. thanks again.
greencountry

Post by greencountry »

My wife's M (I think it's M) HJC CL-15 fits, including with its OEM carrying bag. My XXL HJC AC-12 doesn't really fit, though if I push the lid down I have made it close before. But I didn't think it would be smart to forcibly compress a helmet. :?

I imagine at least an L would also fit, and probably an XL too (maybe without a protective bag though). You tried placing the helmet right-side-up, facing the front of the Buddy? That's the best way to fit them in there I think.
Texas Tornado

Post by Texas Tornado »

I did try it that way. I couldn't find any of the hjc helmets but maybe I could look online at the hjc website for local dealers to go try one. thanks alot.
Sumosamurai

Post by Sumosamurai »

I have a large Shoei RF1000 and it fits just fine.
"Everybody wants to ride a buddy...Scooter"
tunseeker1

Post by tunseeker1 »

XL Fulmer
madtolive

Post by madtolive »

small Zox Nevado fits just fine. but i always hang mine on my hook so i can keep my stuff in the pet carrier.
sunil: "And if you spend 40 dollars making a pizza then you sir are a retard."
ericalm: "No name calling, please. Maybe he's using truffles and top-grade meats."
Christy

Post by Christy »

i have a KBC - VR1 full face and it fits under my seat. It's a size small, though...I don't know if other sizes fit...seems like they would as there is still space in there.
EPSP #76
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

I wear a small HJC CL-SP and it fits fine under the seat. I normally wear a large in most non-motorcycle helmets. But I wear a small in most motorcycle helmets.
lobsterman

Post by lobsterman »

I have a Bell Sprint full face in XXL and it fits under the seat, but doesn't leave room for much else so now I either use the little helmet hook under the seat or take my helmet with me.
Kevin
AYPWIP?
shawnie

Post by shawnie »

medium hjc cl-15 fits fine...
Sunil

Post by Sunil »

My medium scorpion exo 400 fits with a little room to spare. I have to stuff the paperwork and tool i carry inside the helmet to make room. make sure you have it facing forward and close the seat with a firm slow push. You could always consider installing a rear trunk. Remember that its more important that the helmet fits you well. My first full face was really uncomfortable, when I found one that fit my head properly my scooting satisfaction went way up!
Scoot first, ask questions later.
Texas Tornado

Post by Texas Tornado »

Thanks for all the feedback. I went up to the local hjc dealer and found that in the large , the only model (from the models that they stock) that ended up fitting was the modular one which flips up to be like the 3/4 helmet. I was skeptical about if I would like it however I stopped at a light , flipped up the front and took a drink of my soda and at that very second I realized a very nice benefit. I have only had it now for like 4 hours but I am really liking it so far. It is a little more noisy but has great air flow.
greencountry

Post by greencountry »

I'm not sure why there's so much difficulty fitting a helmet into your pet carrier, it's a little strange... as <a href="http://justgottascoot.com/buddy.htm#Bud ... view">this review</a> says about 2/3 down under "Storage," the Buddy has better storage capacity than a Vino, which has a pretty average size pet carrier AFAIK.

In any case, glad you found a helmet you like! Ride safe!
Texas Tornado

Post by Texas Tornado »

That review was putting a 3/4 helmet in the carrier. They also state that you may fit a small full face under the seat. The guy at the shop said that most of the xtra-larges and larges actually use the exact same outer shell as each other. It sucks but I am very happy so far with this one.

"Storage - In addition to the front tray, the Buddy has underseat storage sufficient for most 3/4 helmets and maybe a small full face. Though it's not readily apparent in the picture, the Vino wouldn't hold my 3/4 - the underside of the seat hit the helmet when trying to put the seat back down. The same helmet fit fine in the buddy - due to the curved underside of the seat."
Othergods

Post by Othergods »

My Large FullFace AGV Stealth Fits.
Know the truth: WM3.org

Scooter Hoot

Post by Scooter Hoot »

Large Arashi Turbo fits
gt1000

Post by gt1000 »

Already been covered but my Shoei RF-1000 and Scorpion EXO-400 both fit easily, as long as nothing else is in the pet carrier. Mine are both small though and if you wear a large, many helmet companies will be using a larger shell size for large and extra large. Scorpion only uses 2 shell sizes so I think you may be okay with one of those, if you find one that fits.

Better to find a good fitting helmet that works for you and worry about storage later. Remember, if your pet carrier is full or you just can't fit the helmet in, you can safely lock your helmet to the bike by lifting the seat, placing one of the D-rings over the post at the front of the seat support and then closing and locking the seat.
Andy

2006 Buddy 125 (orange), going to a good MB home
2009 Vespa 250 GTS (black)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800 (black)
2008 Ducati Hypermotard S, traded for Tiger 800
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

My medium HJC CL-33 fits...

edit: maybe we should make a list of ones that do and ones that don't. y'know... for the "For All New Members/Owners" thread. eh?
cabingirl

Post by cabingirl »

I just tried last night and my XL Shoei FF helmet fit as long as there was nothing else in there. Also, it took a little extra effort to latch, I'm not sure where the resistance was coming from.

(Sorry, I don't know the helmet model, it's on loan from a friend.)
PinkScoot

helmut under seat - lunch in topbox

Post by PinkScoot »

my comfy helmet fits just fine down under along with gloves, seat cover and shades tucked in.
i think it is a Z1R or ZRP - size Medium. i don't wear the full face shield although there is an option for that; i have just the visor top.
MarkTur

Post by MarkTur »

My Seven-Seven FF in XL size doesn't fit. Had to get a rear trunk, and it's KILLER! Plenty of room under the seat for all the other crap, and I can stuff my armored jacket in there, too, so now I carry nothing with me when I go to the store.
Cya!
Mark Turkel
http://www.PalmBeachSoftware.com
http://www.BeGreenSaveTheWorld.com

Genuine Buddy 125cc
Powder Blue - (Yes, I picked "that" color cause I likes it!)

Like someone else said "Saving Gas and Sticking it to the Man!"
MarkTur

Today was my hottest riding day so far...

Post by MarkTur »

Wow, South Florida was HOT HOT HOT today. I rode 4 miles to run to the store, stopped at 2 long lights, and arrived sweating like a dog. Nothing like putting on armor (mesh) in 95+ heat with no clouds in the sky.

I think I'll time my outings in morning or evening for the next month or so...whew! Someone pour me a large iced tea!

Came home, jumped in the pool...and now the pool's even getting warm! (I have nice coconut trees in the back near the pool, but I trimmed them up for hurricane season and I didn't realize that the shade from the palm leaves allowed the pool to stay cooler.) WOW. HOT!
Cya!
Mark Turkel
http://www.PalmBeachSoftware.com
http://www.BeGreenSaveTheWorld.com

Genuine Buddy 125cc
Powder Blue - (Yes, I picked "that" color cause I likes it!)

Like someone else said "Saving Gas and Sticking it to the Man!"
tomatodoc

Post by tomatodoc »

I wear a Cyber U-1 which is only a 1/2 helmet. On the up side I can close the seat with the helmet, a six foot cable lock, and a rain jacket in the storage space. Only down side of a 1/2 helmet is that I have nothing to cover my face....
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

XXL Shoei RF800 fits fine. Oh, but I have a Blur.

Every year they jam more and more external plastic junk (wind deflectors, visors etc) onto helmets, so it's just going to get harder to fit em in there. And most of the flip-ups are a lot bigger than the standard FFs.

I love my RF800. but i need a new one. I wish I could replace it with another RF800, but they've already "improved" it a few times.

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
scooterV

helmet

Post by scooterV »

Vega full face helmet fits
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

Christy wrote:i have a KBC - VR1 full face and it fits under my seat. It's a size small, though...I don't know if other sizes fit...seems like they would as there is still space in there.
I have the large version of that helmet and it fits, but not with much else.

I stick my gloves in the helmet along with a towel and then I also shove in a soft bag which holds my registration docs, a snowflake oil filter tool, my St. Christopher statue, mileage book, and a pen. That way the helmet fits just fine.

I use the helmet pegs sometimes too, but I'm always afraid this time of year that even a quick trip in to the store could end in a wet helmet.